– “This Is As Bad As It Gets” – Magma Flowing From Hawaii’s Kilauea Forces Thousands To Flee:
After first erupting on Thursday, Hawaii’s Kilauea volcano has continued to send molten magma up through the eight fissures that have now opened up in the ground in a part of Hawaii that is home to several ritzy neighborhoods, including the tony Leilani Estates, where residents have been forced to flee as the eruptions, as well as several powerful earthquakes, have destroyed power lines and disrupted and left parts of the surrounding area without water.
One area resident summed up the neighborhood’s plight in a statement to the Los Angeles Times.
“This is as bad as it gets,” said John Bennett, 61, a resident of the Leilani Estates neighborhood forced to evacuate. “We can’t go back in yet. I feel lost. I don’t know what to think. I’ve never been in this situation before.”
The estimated 1,800 people who live in the affected area have sought temporary respite in government shelters. Others have moved in friends on other islands.
– FBI Refuses To Pursue Personal Strzok-Page Texts; Grassley Goes Nuclear
– Hedge Fund CIO: “This Is The Greatest Challenge In Asset Management Today”:
“Today’s greatest challenge in asset management is that the biggest pension funds need to generate 7.5% returns in perpetuity or face insolvency. An annual loss would be debilitating, a multi-year loss devastating.”
– “To His Dying Breath”: McCain Regrets Picking Palin, Wants Pence But Not Trump At Funeral
– NSA Spying Explodes: Over 530 Million US Phone Records Collected In 2017
– Paper Gold Market Normalizing, Silver Getting Even More Extreme:
“… gold’s technicals are improving and silver’s are so positive that you have to wonder if there’s a catch, though what that would be isn’t obvious…”
– Trump Reportedly Not Invited to Senator McCain’s Funeral
– Erupting Volcano in Hawaii Releases Life-Threatening Toxic Gas (PHOTO, VIDEO)
Read moreWorld News (May 6, 2018 Edition): “This Is As Bad As It Gets”: Magma Flowing From Hawaii’s Kilauea Forces Thousands To Flee – “To His Dying Breath”: McCain Regrets Picking Palin, Wants Pence But Not Trump At Funeral