* * *
It’s certainly a good to know how to make a survival water filter, BUT…
…ALWAYS additionally boil or filter that water!!!
Use a water filter to make sure all harmful bacteria & protozoa are removed…
I have NO personal experience with the MSR. The Katadyn and the Sawyer are great.
- Military-grade water purifier pump removes viruses, bacteria, protozoa, and particulate from contaminated water sources virtually anywhere on earth
- Meets NSF protocol P248 testing standard of the U.S. military, using medical-grade fibers to provide protection from the tiniest waterborne threats
- Pumps at a rapid 2.5 liters per minute, treats up to 10,000 liters of water, and withstands freezing, drops, heavy use, and harsh environments
- Pump self-cleans on every stroke, providing consistently fast flow rates with zero hassle—no backflushing or filter-scrubbing ever required
- Ideal for backcountry, expeditions, global travel, and survival; purifier pump measures 8.2 x 4.7 inches and weighs 17.3 ounces; made in the USA
Best selling emergency preparedness water filter
Made of the highest quality construction, this robust water filter is ideal for long lasting continuous use, even under extreme circumstances. The filter’s silver impregnated ceramic element is effective against bacteria and protozoa, using a Micro Filtration method. Up to 1 quart (1 liter)/minute Cartridge Capacity, up to 13,000 gallons (50,000 liters), depending on water quality. This pocket water filter is a favorite of outdoor enthusiasts, international travelers, and the U.S. Military.
At least one sawyer filter should go into every BOB or INCH bag:
A water filter is an absolute must-have to survive the coming collapse!
* * *
Posted for those who do not follow the ‘Oppenheimer Ranch Project’ videos…
Cold air which accumulated over portions of the United States and Canada sent temperatures dropping on April 4, 2018, breaking records.
The temperature in Omaha dropped to -10.5 °C (13 °F) on the morning of April 4, a full 2.7 °C (5 °F) lower than the previous record for the date, set in 1899.
Other communities setting daily records included Grand Island (-10 °C / 14 °F), North Platte (-10.5 °C / 13 °F), Sioux City (-13.9 °C / 7 °F) and Valentine, the state’s coldest spot, at -15 °C (5 °F).
The normal high for early April in the Omaha area is 15.5 °C (60 °F), while the normal low is 1.7 °C (35 °F).
What’s impressive about this outbreak of cold is that the northern US and Canada have been the coldest part of the Northern Hemisphere over the last three weeks — in terms of temperatures departing from normal, said Jack Boston, a meteorologist with AccuWeather Inc.
Silky saws are great.
If you buy them via the provided links, then I. U. is getting a small commission from Amazon.
The prize for you stays the same.