* * *
One day after Hillary Clinton blamed Wikileaks (and James Comey) for her election loss, an angry Julian Assange responded to the former Secretary of State, telling her if she wants to blame someone for losing the 2016 presidential election, she should blame herself. In a tweet on Wednesday morning, Assange said “you can’t blame WikiLeaks when what we leaked was your words and positions. Blame yourself.”
You can’t blame WikiLeaks when what we leaked was your words and positions. Blame yourself. https://t.co/Alr8xx626B
— Julian Assange (@JulianAssange) May 3, 2017
Clinton claimed to take “absolute personal responsibility” for her loss, however with a few footnotes adding that she “was on the way to winning until the combination of Jim Comey’s letter on Oct. 28 and Russian WikiLeaks raised doubts in the minds of people who were inclined to vote for me, but got scared off,” at a Women for Women International event. She also acknowledged that it was her name on the ballot. “I was the candidate,” she said. “I was the person who was on the ballot and I am very aware of, you know, the challenges, the problems, the shortfalls that we had.” Clinton also blamed FBI Director James Comey, who announced 11 days before the election that his bureau was looking at new emails linked to Clinton.
Having blasted the Trump administration for their hyprocritical flip-flop from “loving WikiLeaks” to “arrest Assange,” Ron Paul made his feelings very clear on what this signals: “If we allow this president to declare war on those who tell the truth, we have only ourselves to blame.” Today he sits down with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange for a live interview…
Having selected several key excerpts from Donald Trump’s lengthy AP interview earlier, we urge readers looking for fascinating yet surreal bedtime reading to give the full, nearly 8,000 word transcript a try, as it contains bizarro excerpts such as this:
“I love Wikileaks,” candidate Donald Trump said on October 10th on the campaign trail. He praised the organization for reporting on the darker side of the Hillary Clinton campaign. It was information likely leaked by a whistleblower from within the Clinton campaign to Wikileaks.
Back then he praised Wikileaks for promoting transparency, but candidate Trump looks less like President Trump every day. The candidate praised whistleblowers and Wikileaks often on the campaign trail. In fact, candidate Trump loved Wikileaks so much he mentioned the organization more than 140 times in the final month of the campaign alone! Now, as President, it seems Trump wants Wikileaks founder Julian Assange sent to prison.
(MPN) Early Friday morning, Wikileaks released its fifth batch of Vault 7 documents exposing the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency’s hacking techniques. The latest release, titled “Hive,” exposes the agency’s multi-platform malware suite that allows the CIA to monitor targets via malware as well as the ability to realize specific tasks on compromised machines.
Hive is said to provide customizable implants for a variety of operating systems for distinct types of devices, not just computers, tablets, and phones. Among the platforms vulnerable to Hive include Linux, Windows, Solaris, MikroTik (used in Internet routers), and AVTech Network Video Recorders (often used in CCTV recording). First released in 2010, Hive is essentially an “implant” that functions as both a beacon and shell, allowing CIA hackers to gain a foothold in devices that allow them to deploy any number of other tools, such as those detailed in previous releases.
JULIAN Assange says he has no intention of being extradited to the US yet despite offering last month to turn himself in if Chelsea Manning was released.
The WikiLeaks founder was clearly ruffled during the interview with Waleed Aly on Tuesday night’s The Project, with Assange exclaiming he’s “not a complete idiot!” after Aly probed him about his pledge.
Quizzing Assange about his offer now that Manning has been released, Aly asked what it would take for him to leave the Ecuadorean Embassy in London, where he’s been living for four and a half years.
H/t reader kevin a
* * *
It didn’t take much for CNN to fold after Wikileaks threatened to sue it for defamation.
As reported on Wednesday, the whistleblowing organization threatened to sue CNN after the biased, pro-Clinton news organization aired an interview with Phil Mudd, in which the paid analyst and ex-Deputy-Director of the CIA called Julian Assange a pedophile. CNN’s counterterrorism “analyst” made the on-air statement on Wednesday while discussing WikiLeaks. Mudd boldly declared that “there’s an effort to protect WikiLeaks (and) a pedophile who lives in the Ecuadorian embassy in London.”
Shortly after the lawsuit threat, CNN promptly apologized for the segment and conceded that “CNN has no evidence to support that assertion.”
Moments ago, Wikileaks tweeted that as a result of a segment airing on CNN, the whiste-blowing organization announced it has “issued instructions to sue CNN for defamation.”
We have issued instructions to sue CNN for defamation:https://t.co/YLfyQ9ROCy
Unless within 48h they air a one hour expose of the plot.
— WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) January 4, 2017
Wikileaks was referring to a segment in which CNN had the ex-Deputy-Director of the CIA “falsely calling Assange a ‘pedophile.’
WikiLeaks is offering a $20,000 reward to anyone who exposes the destruction of “significant records” by a member of the Obama administration. In a tweet on Tuesday evening, Wikileaks said “We are issuing a US$20,000 reward for information leading to the arrest or exposure of any Obama admin agent destroying significant records,” however, it has not explicitly alleged that the administration is suspected of inappropriately eradicating material.
We are issuing a US$20,000 reward for information leading to the arrest or exposure of any Obama admin agent destroying significant records. pic.twitter.com/kRRP246uGo
— WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) January 4, 2017
The surprising announcement may have been provoked by a previous tweeted in which Wikileaks hinted that the US government is quietly eradicating mentions of the organization from official statements: “‘WikiLeaks’ disappears from US govt statements. Compare 7 Oct 2016, vs 16 December, 2016 & December 29, 2016 JAR”
Ahead of Jullian Assange’s interview tonight on Fox News with Sean Hannity, in which as we previewed last night the Wikileaks founder will again deny on the record that Russia was the source of hacked Democratic emails, stating that “our source is not the Russian government and it is not a state party“, Wikileaks decided to engage in some creative marketing and, on Monday afternoon promised that 2017 will be an even bigger year for leaks than 2016, which saw the whistleblowing site publish thousands of documents exposing the dirty laundry of the Clinton campaign, US political secrets, covert trade deals and private communications from global leaders.
“If you thought 2016 was a big WikiLeaks year, 2017 will blow you away,” WikiLeaks tweeted on Monday, giving no hints as to what may be in store. The tweet, featuring a clip from a Clint Eastwood spaghetti western showdown, also included a link to its website’s donation page so people can help the site “prepare for the showdown.
It won’t be the first time Julian Assange was interviewed and asked whether the source of the hacked DNC and Podesta emails was Russia; however, it will be the first time everyone pays attention to his answer. Recall that the first such interview of Assange – when the question of who had sourced Wikileaks with the hacked emails came up – took place exactly two months ago, on November 3. Back then, in an interview televized by RT, John Pilger explicitly asked Asange where the emails in question had come from.
Assange’s response was straightforward: “The Clinton camp has been able to project a neo-McCarthyist hysteria that Russia is responsible for everything. Hillary Clinton has stated multiple times, falsely, that 17 US intelligence agencies had assessed that Russia was the source of our publications. That’s false – we can say that the Russian government is not the source.”
The man who is undisputedly ground zero of the “Russian hacking campaign”, former Clinton campaign chairman, John Podesta, whose emails provided an in-depth glimpse into the illict practices of the top echelon of US politics, and certainly the Clinton campaign itself, confirmed accusations of “pay-to-play” lobbed against the Clinton Family Foundation, and exposed the incestuous relationship between the Clinton dynasty and the “free press”, which was revealed to be at times nothing more than the Public Relations arm of the Clinton campaign, spoke on NBC’s Meet The Press this morning and claimed that the FBI did not tell him about Russia hacking into his email account until two days after WikiLeaks began publishing the hacked messages online.
“The first time I was contacted by the FBI was two days after WikiLeaks started dropping my emails,” Podesta told NBC’s Chuck Todd.
As Obama gets set to announce retaliation efforts against the Russian government for “hacking” the 2016 election, Julian Assange has come forward, once again, to confirm that his source is not the Russians. Appearing on the Sean Hannity radio show, Assange had the following to say:
Assange: “Our source is not the Russian government.”
Hannity: “Let me be clear, Russia did not give you the Podesta documents or anything from the DNC?”
Assange: “That’s correct.”
— FOX & friends (@foxandfriends) December 16, 2016
Meanwhile, even James Clapper, the Director of National Intelligence who oversees the 17 intelligence agencies that Hillary loved to quote during the campaign, confirmed, after the election, that he had no “good insight” into where WikiLeaks received they’re information.