A 700-shekel (£123) fine for stealing? That’s it?
An Israeli officer has been fined and sentenced to five months in jail for stealing from activists on board a Gaza-bound aid boat which was stormed by Israeli troops.
The raid on the Mavi Marmara Photo: AP
The soldier was given with a 700-shekel (£123) fine and demoted to private after being convicted of stealing laptops, photographic lenses and a compass from the Mavi Marmara.
Israeli forces stormed the ferry on May 31 in a raid which resulted in the deaths of nine Turkish activists and scores more people wounded as the ferry tried to run Israel’s blockade of the Gaza Strip.
At the time of the operation, there were more than 600 international activists on board, all of whom had their personal belongings confiscated before being deported.
The Israeli military could not immediately confirm details of the soldier’s sentence which was handed down by a military court.
The officer, who did not take part in the raid himself, had access to the six ships which made up the flotilla after they were taken to the Israeli port of Ashdod following their interception in international waters.
He then sold the equipment on to other soldiers.
The officer is the first of three soldiers facing trial on charges of theft from the flotilla passengers.
There has been a huge backlash against the Jewish state in the wake of the May 31 raid.
Israel says the soldiers fired in self-defence after they were attacked with clubs and knives, but activists claim the Israelis opened fire as soon as they rappelled from helicopters on to the Mavi Marmara’s upper deck.
Published: 12:12AM BST 19 Oct 2010
Source: The Telegraph
Former PM Ehud Olmert and Mahmoud Abbas exchange a masonic handshake
These elite puppets are all Freemasons, even satanists. The game is rigged everywhere and the people suffer.
More on Israel:
(Click on image to enlarge. Can’t show this often enough.)
I guess Hitler would have called this self-defense too!
– Influential Rabbi Ovadia Yosef: Non-Jews Are Donkeys, Created To Serve Jews (Jerusalem Post)
– Two Israelis in Custody for Trying to Bribe Georgian Deputy Finance Minister (Haaretz)
– Israel mocks Palestinians and US by going ahead with new settlements (Guardian)
– Israel minister Isaac Herzog: ‘There is a whiff of fascism on the margins of Israeli society’ (AFP)
– Israel: Influential Rabbi Ovadia Yosef Calls For Palestinians To ‘Perish From The World’ (Daily Mail)
– Israel’s President Shimon Peres Claims English Are ‘Anti-Semitic’ (Telegraph)
– David Cameron: Israeli Blockade Has Turned Gaza Strip Into A ‘Prison Camp’ (Guardian)
– Benjamin Netanyahu: ‘America is something that can easily be moved.’ ‘The world won’t say a thing.’ ‘The world will say we’re defending.’ (Video)
– Israel Paves Way For Remote Control Killing (The National)
– Exposed: The Truth About Israel’s Land Grab In The West Bank (The Independent)
– Israel rejects international probe, says it would be biased against the Jewish state; Egypt calls Gaza blockade a failure, border stays open (AP)
– Iran Offers Military Protection To Gaza Aid Ships (RT)
– Former US Marine Disarms Israeli Commandos, Describes Mass Murder By Israeli Soldiers (YouTube)
– Autopsy Results Reveal That Gaza Flotilla Activists Were Shot In Head At Close Range (Guardian)
– Robert Fisk: The Truth Behind The Israeli Propaganda (Independent)
– Gilad Atzmon on Israeli collective madness: ‘The world sees now what Israel is all about’
– American teenager among those killed in Israeli raid of aid flotilla; Israeli soldiers accused of refusing to treat the injured, letting them die (Washington Post/Al Jazeera)
– President Abdullah Gul: Turkey will ‘never forgive’ Israel (Al Jazeera)
– Ex-Mossad agent Victor Ostrovsky: Gaza flotilla raid ’so stupid it’s stupefying’ (The Raw Story)
– Israeli soldiers murder at least 10 civilians on boat carrying aid to Gaza (Los Angeles Times)
– Israel stations nuclear missile submarines off Iran (Times)
– Gaza Aid Flotilla Delayed After Mystery Faults Hit Two Boats (Independent)
– Israeli Commandos Ordered To Stop Gaza Aid Ships (Times)
– Israel offered to sell South Africa nuclear weapons (Guardian)
– Report: Israel threatens to ‘return Syria back to the Stone Age’ (Ynet)
– Discharged IDF Soldiers Sue For Millions Over Anthrax Vaccine Experiment (YNet News)
– The US Military now KNOWS Mossad carried out 9/11 Attacks:
Dr. Alan Sabrosky, former director of studies at the US Army War College says that the military brass now know that Israel “and those traitors within our nation” committed the 911 attack.
……”I have had long conversations over the last two weeks with contacts at the Army War College and the headquarters, Marine Corps and I’ve made it absolutely clear in both cases that it is 100% certain that 9/11 was a Mossad operation.” Period.
– New FBI Files Alleging AIPAC Theft of Government Property and Israeli Espionage Released (PRNewswire)
– Israel Threatening To Use Nuclear Weapons On Iran! (FOX NEWS)
– Ex-Mossad Agent Ostrovsky: The ‘Anti-Semite’ Label
– Former Israeli Minister: ‘It’s a Trick, We Always Use It.’ (calling people ‘anti-Semitic’)
– UK Jewish MP: Israel acting like Nazis in Gaza
– Palestinian children are stoned while walking to school (Christian Peacemaker Teams)
– Israel admits organ harvesting from Palestinians, and others, without consent (Guardian)
– UN assembly votes for probes of Gaza war crimes charges (Reuters)
– U.N. rights envoy: Israeli war crime of the greatest magnitude under international law in Gaza (Reuters)
– U.S. shipped 989 munitions containers to Israel week before Gaza invasion (Australien Herald)
– Paul Craig Roberts: Israel and the Goldstone Report – War Criminals Are Becoming Arbiters of the Law (CounterPunch)
– Israel’s war crimes in Gaza (Independent)
– Amnesty International: Gaza white phosphorus shells were US made (Times)
– Did Israeli soldiers kill unarmed civilians? (Toronto Star):
‘The most moral army in the world’ killed civilians without cause
– Israeli soldiers report abuses in Gaza (Los Angeles Times)
– Tony Benn to BBC: If you won’t broadcast the Gaza appeal then I will myself (BBC)
– Israel admits troops may have used phosphorus shells in Gaza (Guardian)
– Outcry over Israel’s reported use of phosphorus in Gaza (IHT)
– Israel accused of executing parents in front of children in Gaza (Telegraph)
– Gaza: ‘I watched an Israeli soldier shoot dead my two little girls’ (Independent)
– Israel ‘admits’ using white phosphorus munitions (Times)
– Gaza building apparently hit by phosphorus: UN (Vancouver Sun)
– Israeli use of white phosphorus ‘undeniable’: Amnesty International (The Age)
– Israel used phosphorus in heavily populated areas, doctors charge (Kansas City Star)
– Israeli army investigates use of white phosphorous in Gaza (Guardian)
– Israel shelled UK war graves in Gaza (Telegraph)
– Israel ‘will resume bombing’ of Gaza if Hamas reopens tunnels (Telegraph)
– Gideon Levy / Gaza war ended in utter failure for Israel (Ha’aretz)
– False Flag: The Attack on the USS Liberty
– Dead In The Water – The Sinking of the USS Liberty (BBC)