– Sickened Fukushima Worker: “Tepco is God… we are slaves” — Employees beaten, threatened with death for speaking out (VIDEO) (ENENews, Jan 14, 2014):
America Tonight, Al Jazeera America, Jan. 7, 2014:
Part I at 3:45 in
Anonymous Fukushima worker ‘Tanaka’: “My job was to help workers remove their gear when they came back from dealing with contaminated water and debris, and to check them with a Geiger counter for contamination […] We used to wear charcoal filters, but because of the cost cuts, we got dust filters, like those you’d buy at a convenient store. Tepco employees wore charcoal filters in all locations. […] Tepco is God, the main contractors are kings, and we are slaves. […]
Michael Okwu, Al Jazeera correspondent: Like many nuclear workers approaching their radiation limit it’s unlikely that Tanaka will ever be hired at Fukushima again. He’s since lost his apartment, and is constantly sick. […]
Tanaka: Fatigue, tiredness, I get really tired. I can’t say whether radiation is the cause, but since used-up nuclear workers don’t get any compensation, I’m worried about my future. So some of it could be psychological.
Part II at 2:00 in
Michael Okwu, Al Jazeera correspondent: Unlike some, [Fukushima worker] Sato escaped violent retribution when he complained and then quit.
Takeshi Katsura, a laborer helps workers exploited by the Japanese mafia: I’ve had workers tell me that they’ve been beat up and told, ‘I’ll kill you.’ Threatened with, ‘You know what will happen to you.’
The Yakuza rule in Japan …
– Forbes: “This is outrageous” — Homeless people are being sold to companies and put to work on Fukushima radiation – Gov’t-funded shelter supplying gangsters with workers
– Meet The Minimum-Wage Homeless Who Are ‘Cleaning Up’ Fukushima (For The Yakuza)
– UN Official ‘Astounded’: Homeless Are Taken To Work In Fukushima, Ready To Die – Pastor: ‘At End Of Month, They’re Left With No Pay’ – Police: They End Up In Debt To Employers After Food And Housing Fees Deducted
– Atomic Mafia: Yakuza ‘Cleans Up’ Fukushima, Neglects Basic Workers’ Rights
– Fukushima: The Yakuza Crime Syndicate & The Corrupt IAEA Nuclear Watch Dogs (Video)
– Help Wanted In Fukushima: Low Pay, High Risks And Yakuza Gangsters
– How The CIA Helped The Yakuza & The LDP Get Power & Promote Nuclear Power
– Insane Japan: TEPCO & The Yakuza (Japanese Mafia) – (Video)
… and the Yakuza are ‘God’ in Japan.
1 thought on “Sickened Fukushima Worker: ‘Tepco Is God … We Are Slaves’ – Employees Beaten, Threatened With Death For Speaking Out”