And what could possibly go wrong?
– Fukushima Operator Given Green Light To Restart Nuclear Reactors
* * *
PayPal: Donate in USD
PayPal: Donate in EUR
PayPal: Donate in GBP
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. – Benjamin Franklin
And what could possibly go wrong?
– Fukushima Operator Given Green Light To Restart Nuclear Reactors
* * *
PayPal: Donate in USD
PayPal: Donate in EUR
PayPal: Donate in GBP
… and so no iodine pills have been given to the population to protect their thyroids from Fukushima radiation, with especially devastating results seen in children.
– Nuclear Experts: Million cancers could result from Fukushima — Already hundreds of times more thyroid cancers… “Just the tip of the iceberg… worst is yet to come” — “Enormous spikes in cancer… devastating health effects” (VIDEO)
– Officials: 6,000% cancer rate increase in Fukushima children’s thyroids — Expert: Urgent countermeasures against the suspected outbreak are necessary — Professor: Gov’t stopped me from checking thyroid exposure levels after 3/11 (VIDEO)
– Fukushima Children Thyroid Cancer Rate Continues To Rise
– Japan Paper: Now 104 children diagnosed with cancer of thyroid in Fukushima — New results show 5-fold increase in rate of suspected/confirmed cancers
– Fukushima’s Children Are Dying – Thyroid Cancer Rates Skyrocket
– Thyroid Cancer In Fukushima Children Up 50% Since Last Report 3 Months Ago – Now 90 Cases Suspected Or Confirmed
– Lying Scum Japanese PM Shinzo Abe: ‘There Is No Confirmation That Someone’s Health Has Been Directly Affected By Radioactive Substances’
– Fukushima: More Then 42% of Children Have Thyroid Nodules Or Cysts (German TV Video, Nov 18, 2012):
More than 42% of 57,000 tested children have nodules or cyst, reports Dr. Suzuki who leads the examinations. In Chernobyl they found only 0.1 – 1%.
– TEPCO Admits Cover-Up Of Fukushima Meltdown:
Back in 2011, whenever anyone accused Japan’s energy company Tepco and government of covering up the scale and severity of the Fukushima nuclear disaster, they were promptly accused of being conspiracy theorists. After all, the “argument” went, no serious organization would dare to do that, especially when millions of people’s lives were at stake.
Today, over five years later, we got confirmation that yet another “conspiracy theory” was just another “fact”, when the president of TEPCO, Naomi Hirose, admitted on NHK that his company concealed the reactor meltdowns at its Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant immediately after the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami. Hirose also confirmed that TEPCO ordered not to use the word “core meltdown” when referring to what happened at the crippled plant. In fact, the utility did not officially admit the meltdowns until more than 2 months after the accident. The announcement came a week after a scandalous report claimed that Japanese government and TEPCO hushed up the tragedy.
“I would say it was a cover-up,” Hirose told a news conference. “It’s extremely regrettable.”
– Five Years Later, TEPCO Still Can’t Locate 600 Tons Of Melted Radioactive Fuel:
Five years after the Fukushima tragedy, TEPCO’s chief of decommissioning Naohiro Masuda admits that the company still has no idea exactly where 600 tons of melted radioactive fuel from three nuclear reactors is located.
As we discussed when we profiled the status of Fukushima on its five year anniversary, the radiation at the plant is still so powerful that it is impossible to get deep enough into the area to find and remove the melted fuel rods. The situation is so severe that even the robots that were sent in to find the highly radioactive fuel have died.
Read moreFive Years Later, TEPCO Still Can’t Locate 600 Tons Of Melted Radioactive Fuel
Feb 9, 2014
Author and Pediatrician Helen Caldicott takes time out of her busy schedule to join me to discuss the unfolding events at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station in Japan. Fukushima was devastated by a massive earthquake on March 11, 2011 which led directly to a massive failure causing hydrogen explosions which blew the roof off of at least two of the reactor buildings. Tepco and the Japanese government have understated the radiation dangers and the dire reality of the situation from day one.
Helen says, at this point there is no “best case scenario” for Fukushima, just worsening degrees of horror because it’s scientifically impossible to clean up what has already occurred. And with thousands of spent fuel rods and thousands more active rods still in the fuel pools of the damaged reactor buildings, the worst case scenario – if another major earthquake hits the area – is an ecological nightmare of biblical proportions for everyone living in the Northern hemisphere.
– Fukushima May Be At Risk Of Imminent “Hydrogen Explosion” (ZeroHedge, May 26, 2015):
Containers holding contaminated water at the crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant are at risk of hydrogen explosions, The Telegraph reports, with 10% of them found to be leaking. The discovery was reported to the Nuclear Regulation Authority (NRA), which raised concerns surrounding the potential hazards of accumulated hydrogen building up in the containers warning that “a spark caused by static electricity could cause a container to explode.” TEPCO officials reassuringly note that they “think the possibility of an occurrence of hydrogen explosion from these storage facilities is extremely low, since there is no fire origin, or anything that generates static electricity nearby,” but this is the same company that a recent IAEA report blasted for “failing to implement adequate safeguards at Fukushima – despite being aware of the tsunami risk.”
Leaking containers at Japan’s embattled Fukushima nuclear power plant are at risk of possible hydrogen explosions, experts have claimed. As The Telegraph reports,
Almost 10 per cent of recently inspected containers holding contaminated water at the nuclear plant in northeast Japan were found to be leaking radioactive water.
Read moreFukushima May Be At Risk Of Imminent “Hydrogen Explosion”
– TV: “Radioactive cover-up” at Fukushima — Experts believe “other sources of contamination” are flowing into ocean — Emergency hearing with plant officials — “TEPCO decided long ago there was no need to monitor” the water with high-level radioactive materials (VIDEO) (ENENews, March 1, 2015):
Asahi Shimbun, Feb 28, 2015 (emphasis added): The nation’s nuclear watchdog body slammed [TEPCO] over its failure to disclose information on the leakage of radioactive rainwater into the sea… TEPCO President Naomi Hirose… apologized profusely… TEPCO became aware more than a year ago that the concentration of radioactive materials in the water flowing… was high [first disclosing it to regulators] January 2014… TEPCO continued to conceal details, including the fact that the concentration became high whenever it rained… However, TEPCO had decided long ago there was no need to monitor rainwater for radioactive materials.
Read moreTV: “Radioactive cover-up” at Fukushima — Experts believe “other sources of contamination” are flowing into ocean — Emergency hearing with plant officials — “TEPCO decided long ago there was no need to monitor” the water with high-level radioactive materials (VIDEO)
– TEPCO Admits Delaying Report Of Major Radiation Leak Into The Pacific Ocean For 10 Months (ZeroHedge, Feb 25, 2015):
While faith in Japanese ‘economics’ is starting to falter (borne out by the split in the BoJ and endless macro data disappointments), trust in TEPCO and its governmental operators must be about to hit a new record low. Having promised and given up on the ice-wall strategy to stop radioactive water leaking into the ocean, Bloomberg reports TEPCO officials have admitted that it’s investigating the cause of a spike in radiation levels (23,000 becquerels/liter vs the legal limit of 90) in drainage water that it believes subsequently leaked into the Pacific ocean from the wrecked Fukushima nuclear power plant. The bigger problem, as NBC reports, TEPCO failed to report the leak for 10 months!
Read moreTEPCO Admits Delaying Report Of Major Radiation Leak Into The Pacific Ocean For 10 Months
– Japan Times: Fukushima plant plagued by problems as radioactive material bleeds into Pacific — Radiation level in groundwater now 25,000 times higher than when year began (ENENews, Sep 20, 2014):
Japan Times, Sept 19, 2014: Tainted water problems still plague Fukushima, despite some positive signs — More than three years since [3/11] the Fukushima No. 1 power plant is still bleeding tons of toxic radioactive water into the Pacific Ocean… [It’s] developed into a wider problem that is stoking public concern… [Tepco] is still trying to find a way to deal with the plant’s utility trenches, which are filled with highly contaminated water. The trenches, which run beneath the plant, were built to house cables and pipes… installed to bring in seawater for cooling purposes… Leaving the tainted water in the trenches is risky. For instance, if another major quake hits and damages the trenches, the toxic water will escape and contaminate the groundwater. Tepco said the trenches… can’t be drained until the leaks from the buildings are plugged…
Read moreJapan Times: Fukushima plant plagued by problems as radioactive material bleeds into Pacific — Radiation level in groundwater now 25,000 times higher than when year began
– Classified Interviews: Multiple Fukushima reactors were melting down on first day of crisis, hours after quake — Plant chief thinks ‘very serious’ blast at Unit 3 NOT from hydrogen — Professor: Nuclear explosion can’t be ruled out due to plutonium in MOX fuel — TEPCO employees wouldn’t get within 50 km of reactors (VIDEO) (ENENews, Aug 26, 2014):
NHK, Aug. 25, 2014 (emphasis added): Classified interviews with former Fukushima Daiichi chief
- 0:30 in — Masao Yoshida, Manager at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant on 3/11: “Head office, head office, a very serious situation is occurring. The Number 3 reactor building has exploded, probably a steam blast.”
- 1:00 in — NHK: Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant entered the critical phase on Mar. 11, 2011. Officials at the plant noticed late in the afternoon that the emergency cooling system was not working, but Yoshida wasn’t informed until late that night and the reactors had already started melting down. Yoshida: “I’m very regretful about this, we failed to establish a system to receive warnings from employees on time.”
Read moreClassified Interviews: Multiple Fukushima reactors were melting down on first day of crisis, hours after quake — Plant chief thinks ‘very serious’ blast at Unit 3 NOT from hydrogen — Professor: Nuclear explosion can’t be ruled out due to plutonium in MOX fuel — TEPCO employees wouldn’t get within 50 km of reactors
– Plutonium detected underground near Fukushima reactor — Test results not revealed publicly for almost a year after sampling date — Officials plan to pump up groundwater from same well it was found in and dump it into Pacific Ocean (PHOTO) (ENENews, Aug 13, 2014):
Kyodo News, Aug 11, 2014: Plan filed to build toxic water dumping facility at Fukushima plant […] TEPCO plans to conduct performance tests next week […] using water it will start pumping up on a trial basis Tuesday […] Radioactive substances […] have been detected in some water samples from the wells. TEPCO says it aims to clean the water to a level that would do no harm to the environment, but tritium will remain untreated as no water treatment facility at the plant is capable of removing the substance.
South China Morning Post, Aug 13, 2014: Tepco began pumping up groundwater from beneath the Fukushima plant [and it] intends to test the radioactivity of the water and examine whether levels can be reduced. […] fishermen are expected to voice opposition. The government is likely to step in to provide additional subsidies to help sway the fishermen.
Read morePlutonium detected underground near Fukushima reactor — Test results not revealed publicly for almost a year after sampling date — Officials plan to pump up groundwater from same well it was found in and dump it into Pacific Ocean
… and PLUTONIUM is the deadliest substance on the planet.
– Dr. Caldicott: Inhaling A Millionth Of A Gram Of Plutonium Will Induce Lung Cancer
And just to give new readers an idea what we are still facing at Fukushima:
Fukushima reactor No. 4 “SFP contains something on the order of 400.000 kg of hot plutonium”.
“They say that one microgram of plutonium could theoretically kill a person.”
“There are billion micrograms in a kilogram and there are 400.000 hot kilograms in this pool.”
Do the math.
If those fuel rods are catching fire while TEPCO is trying to remove them … it’s ALL OVER.
More info on Fukushima reactor No. 4 SFP HERE.
– New report estimates 278 trillion Bq of plutonium released from Fukushima reactors — Over 200 times higher than amount reported by Tepco — “Highly radiotoxic when incorporated into human body” as it decays (ENENews, Aug 5, 2014):
Evaluation of the Fukushima Accident Source Term through the fast running code RASCAL 4.2 (pdf), ENEA Bologna Research Centre, May 23, 2014: This Report presents the results of the application of the fast-running US-NRC direct code RASCAL 4.2 to the estimation of the Fukushima Source Term. […] it is plausible that the ventings that TEPCO announced during the accident as being conducted from the wetwell were, as a matter of fact and because of the degraded conditions of the plants, conducted actually from the drywell. […] wetwell properties imply releases which can be several oder of magnitudes lower than those from the drywell […] it can clearly be seen that the most probable path is the combination of Drywell+Direct option […] the true venting path, i.e. from Drywell instead of from Wetwell, is an extremely important issue. […] in several instances when TEPCO tried to operate venting, in order to release pressure outside the building through the stack, it proved impossible […] there are many indications that probably the radioactive material escaped from the drywell; this may have occurred without TEPCO’s immediate knowledge and because of several factors; for example: structural damages to the pipings connecting drywell to torus room (vent piping bellows), due either to the earthquake, and/or to the too violent pressure and temperature increase in the D/W; leakages through the top head manhole, the top head flange, the piping penetrations, the electrical wiring penetrations, the personal airlocks, the S/C manholes, the machine hatches, etc. […] The value of 1%/h was chosen by ENEA because of the possible highly damaged conditions of the Fukushima NPPs due to the BDB [Beyond Design Basis] earthquake.
Read moreEstimated 278 TRILLION Bq Of PLUTONIUM Released From Fukushima – OVER 200 TIMES HIGHER Than Amount Reported By Tepco
– Fukushima Is An Extinction Level Event: 17.91 Billion Lethal Doses (By Ingestion) Chasing Each And Every One Of Us On The Planet … And That’s Just From The Amount Of Cesium-137 (Veterans Today, April 19, 2013):
That’s 17.91 Billion Lethal Doses (by Ingestion) chasing the 7.3 Billion of us on the Planet now and there are 1,946 known radioactive killer isotopic poisons in this list.
Three hundred and fifty years from now (from 2013) is about 14 generations, or the year 2363. Worse still, after 350 years of increased lethality, the Radiotoxicity Level does not decline, it just levels off. We, and all our kind, will simply be dead and gone – finished. Truly, the affair at Fukushima is an Extinction Level Event.
– Fukushima Now Equal To 50 Plus Chernobyls & 3,000 Billion Lethal Doses Of Radiation (Veterans Today, May 28th, 2011):
Three thousand billion (3,000,000,000,000) Lethal Doses of Radiation means there are 429 Lethal Doses chasing each and every one of us on the planet, to put it in a nutshell.
– Three Years later, Japan Finally Tells The Truth: More Fuel Melted At Fukushima (ZeroHedge, Aug 6, 2014):
After years of obfuscation and, simply put, lies; TEPCO has admitted in a new report that more nuclear fuel had melted at the Fukushima nuclear reactor than previously stated. While this is dreadful news, it gets worse, as the report further confirms that despite Abe’s promises and TEPCO’s state-funded efforts to build ice-walls, it may miss an important deadline binding it to clean radioactive water stored inside the Fukushima nuclear plant. Bloomberg reports officials commenting “we are doing everything we can do,” but it appears, that is not enough as tens of thousands of tons of toxic water are expected to remain at the site by the imposed deadline.
As NHK reports, the meltdown was far more significant that originally publicly stated…
Read moreThree Years later, Japan Finally Tells The Truth: More Fuel Melted At Fukushima
– 6.8 quake strikes off Fukushima coast, no abnormalities at nuclear plant (RT, July 11, 2014):
A 6.8 magnitude earthquake hit off the coast of Japan, with its epicenter located some 129 kilometers from the city of Namie in Fukishima prefecture, US Geological Survey reported.
The quake was centered at a depth of about 10km, according to the Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA).
Tsunami advisories were issued for Fukushima prefecture, as well as for nearby Iwate and Miyagi prefectures, but were lifted two hours later.
The quake triggered a small tsunami of up to 20 cm at Ishinomaki in Miyagi prefecture, and other locations in northeast Japan. No major damage was reported.
There were no reports of abnormalities at Fukushima-1 nuclear plant following the quake, TEPCO reported.
And since when is TEPCO trustworthy?
Would they tell us if reactor No.4 SFP has collapsed?
– Fukushima operator struggles to build ice wall to contain radioactive water (Guardian, June 17, 2014):
Tepco says it is behind schedule with scheme because temperature of pipes sunk into ground is not low enough
The operator of Japan‘s battered Fukushima nuclear power plant has said it is having trouble with the early stages of an ice wall being built under broken reactors to contain radioactive water.
Tokyo Electric Power (Tepco) has begun digging the trenches for a huge network of pipes under the plant through which it intends to pass refrigerant.
Read moreFukushima Operator Struggles To Build Ice Wall To Contain Radioactive Water
– U.S. firm hired to scrub Fukushima No. 1 water (Japan Times/Bloomberg, June 12, 2014):
Tokyo Electric Power Co. will use a truck-mounted filtration system to extract strontium from water stored at the damaged Fukushima No. 1 power plant as the utility struggles to overcome technical problems with its existing water-processing facility.
Tepco has signed a contract with Kurion Inc. to remove strontium from more than 340,000 metric tons of radioactive water stored at the wrecked plant using the mobile filtration system, the U.S.-based firm said in a statement Monday.
The system will be used to improve site safety while testing of the ALPS processing facility continues. ALPS is designed to remove strontium and 61 other isotopes from cooling and other water tainted by contact with the plant’s melted fuel rods. Strontium has been linked to bone cancer.
– CNN: Fukushima fallout ‘grossly underestimated’ says new Japan study — “Radioactive poison… contaminating the North Pacific Ocean” — Tepco: ‘Impossible’ to know how much really got out (VIDEO) (ENENews, May 23, 2014):
CNN, May 21, 2014: […] This is my first time visiting one of the most dangerous places on earth. […] the highly contaminated “red zone” […] remains a desolate wasteland […] Impact underestimated? The true scope of the contamination is a subject of debate, with a research team from Fukushima University recently releasing a study that claims [TEPCO] grossly underestimated the amount of radioactive poison cesium-137 released into the environment. Exposure can heighten the risk of cancer. […] TEPCO acknowledges it’s impossible to know for sure how much cesium was released […] Researchers told me they don’t believe the risk extends far beyond Japan and the North Pacific Ocean, even though small traces of radioactive ocean water have been detected as far away as Canada.
Read moreCNN: Fukushima fallout ‘grossly underestimated’ says new Japan study — “Radioactive poison… contaminating the North Pacific Ocean” — Tepco: ‘Impossible’ to know how much really got out
– Hundreds of tons of radioactive water now being intentionally dumped into Pacific at Fukushima plant — Tepco: “We’d like to express our sincere appreciation” — Nuclear water stored since last year to be dumped next week — Official: Tepco “utterly inept” at taking accurate radiation readings (VIDEO) (ENENews, May 21, 2014):
Tepco, May 21, 2014: Today, we have commenced operation of the groundwater bypass at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station. We would like to express our sincere appreciation to many parties, including Fukushima Prefecture and members of the fishing industry […]
Yahoo News, May 21, 2014: Wednesday [TEPCO] began to dump controlled quantities of water with low radioactivity into the sea. This is the method it plans to start using to reduce the alarming accumulation of contaminated liquid […] TEPCO revealed that around 560,000 litres [~148,000 gallons] of water was emptied Wednesday.
Japan Times, May 21, 2014: [Tepco] said Wednesday it began dumping into the Pacific Ocean hundreds of tons of groundwater […] The next release is expected to involve about 790 tons of groundwater stored since last year […] the official said there could be a water discharge roughly every week.
Read moreHundreds of tons of radioactive water now being intentionally dumped into Pacific at Fukushima plant — Tepco: “We’d like to express our sincere appreciation” – Nuclear water stored since last year to be dumped next week – Official: Tepco “utterly inept” at taking accurate radiation readings
The Yakuza will take care of him …
– KPFA in Japan: I’ve learned over 800 people have disappeared from Fukushima plant – ‘May have been killed or died during work’ – ‘Gov’t actually in business with the Yakuza’
– Sickened Fukushima Worker: ‘Tepco Is God … We Are Slaves’ – Employees Beaten, Threatened With Death For Speaking Out
– Forbes: “This is outrageous” — Homeless people are being sold to companies and put to work on Fukushima radiation – Gov’t-funded shelter supplying gangsters with workers
– Meet The Minimum-Wage Homeless Who Are ‘Cleaning Up’ Fukushima (For The Yakuza)
– UN Official ‘Astounded’: Homeless Are Taken To Work In Fukushima, Ready To Die – Pastor: ‘At End Of Month, They’re Left With No Pay’ – Police: They End Up In Debt To Employers After Food And Housing Fees Deducted
– Atomic Mafia: Yakuza ‘Cleans Up’ Fukushima, Neglects Basic Workers’ Rights
– Fukushima: The Yakuza Crime Syndicate & The Corrupt IAEA Nuclear Watch Dogs (Video)
– Help Wanted In Fukushima: Low Pay, High Risks And Yakuza Gangsters
– How The CIA Helped The Yakuza & The LDP Get Power & Promote Nuclear Power
– Insane Japan: TEPCO & The Yakuza (Japanese Mafia) – (Video)
– Fukushima worker files historic lawsuit over radiation exposure (RT, May 8, 2014):
A worker at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant has filed the first lawsuit from an employee against plant operator TEPCO due to high levels of radiation he was exposed to during the initial days of the plant’s 2011 disaster.
“I wish [the utility] had informed us of possible risks in advance,” Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun cites the 48-year-old man as saying at a news conference in Tokyo on Wednesday. “I want [operator Tokyo Electric Power Company] to create safer conditions for workers because the decommissioning of the reactors will not finish anytime soon.”
The claimant says he was unnecessarily exposed to excessively high levels of radiation due to negligence on the part of TEPCO. He is seeking 11 million yen ($110,000) in compensation from TEPCO. The lawsuit was filed Wednesday in Fukushima District Court.
“After carefully examining the contents of the demand and his arguments, we will sincerely respond to the claim,” TEPCO said in a statement Wednesday.
Read moreFukushima Worker Files Historic Lawsuit Over Radiation Exposure
– No plan to stop Fukushima from contaminating Pacific? Tepco adviser ‘doubts’ ice wall can stop groundwater from flooding plant — We’re concerned about ‘environmental protection’ and ‘unintended consequences’ (VIDEO) (ENENews, May 1, 2014):
Kyodo News, May 1, 2014: Int’l expert doubts ice wall will solve Japanese nuclear plant leaks — An international nuclear expert [Dale Klein, head of TEPCO supervisory panel] expressed skepticism Thursday over [the] plan to set up an ice wall to ultimately stop radioactive water from further increasing […] Former British Atomic Energy Authority Chairwoman Barbara Judge […] said there is a need to assess during summer whether the ice wall method would be effective. The remarks by the two overseas experts came at a time when concerns over the plan are being raised by Japan’s Nuclear Regulation Authority and engineering experts. Their opinions may cast a shadow on TEPCO’s plan to begin operating the ice wall by the end of next March.
Read moreNo plan to stop Fukushima from contaminating Pacific? Tepco adviser ‘doubts’ ice wall can stop groundwater from flooding plant – We’re concerned about ‘environmental protection’ and ‘unintended consequences’
– [Nuclear is cheap] Tepco received “27th” financial support from Nuclear Damage Fund / 3.7 Trillion yen so far (Fukushima Diary, April 24, 2014):
On 4/23/2014, Tepco announced they received the 27th financial support from the Nuclear Damage Liability Facilitation Fund.
The value of the support is 191.8 billion yen. They have received 3,687,000,000,000 yen of financial support from this fund and 120 billion yen of compensation in accordance with the “Act on Contract for Indemnification of Nuclear Damage Compensation”.
Tepco states the total of the financial support that Tepco has received so far is not sufficient to cover the compensation payouts until the end of May 2014.
Read moreTEPCO Receives ’27th’ Financial Support From Nuclear Damage Liability Facilitation Fund … $36 Billion So Far!
Fukushima has never been under control since March 2011.
From the article:
“Following the multiple meltdown of the Fukushima plant in 2011 that was triggered by a tsunami, the Japanese government pledged to abandon nuclear power by 2010.”
Looks like the Japanese have invented time travel.
– Out of control: Fukushima manager admits to ‘embarrassing failure’ (RT, April 18, 2014):
The manager of the stricken Fukushima nuclear power plant has admitted not having full control of the facility. Contrary to the statements of the Japanese PM, TEPCO’s Akira Ono said attempts to plug the leaks of radioactive water had failed.
“It’s embarrassing to admit, but there are certain parts of the site where we don’t have full control,” Ono told reporters touring the plant this week, reported Reuters. Last year, the Japanese PM attempted to assure the world that the situation at the stricken nuclear power plant was under control.
Read moreOut Of Control: Fukushima Manager Admits To ‘Embarrassing Failure’
– TV: Hundreds of tons of water in contact with melted nuclear fuel have now flooded basements at Fukushima plant — Nearly 10 Trillion Bq of Cesium — Concentration of strontium-90 and other radioactive materials not reported (VIDEO) (ENENews, April 14, 2014):
Asahi Shimbun, Apr. 14, 2014: Tons of highly radioactive water have flooded basements at the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant […] the Nuclear Regulation Authority ordered the utility to continue to monitor the situation and collect the leakage as soon as possible. TEPCO officials said the water was highly contaminated because it was used to cool reactors […] it has yet to be purified using a system that removes radioactive materials. […] Workers noticed something amiss on April 10, as the water levels in buildings that should have been pumping out water were found to be rising. Workers discovered April 12 that four pumps that should not have been used were in operation [and] were halted around 5 p.m. on April 13.
Read moreHundreds of tons of water in contact with melted nuclear fuel have now flooded basements at Fukushima plant – Nearly 10 Trillion Bq of Cesium – Concentration of Strontium-90 and other radioactive materials not reported
– [Tepco’s upward revision] “80 BILLION was actually 280 BILLION Bq/m3 in last summer’s leakage” (Fukushima Diary, April 12, 2014):
Following up this article.. Leaked all ? of “300m3 leakage accident” was also underestimated / INES level might be increased [URL]
All ? nuclide density was 280,000,000,000 Bq/m3 in the leaked tank water last summer. All ? nuclide means the collective of the nuclides to include Strontium-90.
Tepco announced the all ? nuclide density was 80,000,000,000 Bq/m3 in the beginning. They raised the reading by 3.5 times much after over half a year has passed.
Read moreTEPCO Admits: 80 BILLION Bq/m3 Was Actually 280 BILLION Bq/m3 In Last Year’s Leak