Here is a flashback on ‘CO2’ first:
– Prof. Ian Clark: ‘Rises in C02 lag 800 years behind temperature rises!’ – You will pay taxes for nothing!:
‘Rises in C02 lag 800 years behind temperature rises. So temperature is leading CO2 by 800 years!’
– Study: CO2 levels remained constant since 1850!
Watch an ‘Inconvenient Truth (Lie)’ again (What a horrible thought!) or watch the following video from 2:20 and you will see that CO2 lags 800 years behind temperature rises:
And yes, the hockey stick graph is a fake and it is obvious to anybody:
Redd scheme designed to prevent deforestation but critics call it ‘privatisation’ of natural resources
An aerial view of trees at a forest on Sumatra, Indonesia where millions are being spent to fight deforestation. Photograph: Beawiharta/Reuters
Some of the world’s largest oil, mining, car and gas corporations will make hundreds of millions of dollars from a UN-backed forest protection scheme, according to a new report from the Friends of the Earth International.
The group’s new report – launched on the first day of the global climate summit in Cancun, Mexico, where 193 countries hope to thrash out a new agreement – is the first major assessment of the several hundred, large-scale Redd (Reduced emissions from deforestation and degradation) pilot schemes. It shows that banks, airlines, charitable foundations, carbon traders, conservation groups, gas companies and palm plantation companies have also scrambled into forestry protection.
While forestry is billed as one issue where significant progress could be made at the talks, over the weekend David Cameron, Chris Huhne, the climate change secretary, and the government’s chief scientists all played down the prospect of a global deal to cut carbon emissions.
“British ministers are going to Mexico this week with an approach that is both realistic and optimistic,” the prime minister wrote in the Observer . “Realistic, because we don’t expect a global deal to be struck in Cancun, but optimistic too, because we are viewing this as a stepping stone to future agreement.”
Huhne, who will attend the second week of the talks, was more blunt: “No one expects a binding deal on climate change in Cancun.” But he said deforestation and longer-term climate finance were areas where progress could be made.
The Redd scheme is central to slowing, or halting, deforestation, which causes huge releases of carbon dioxide. But critics say that the scheme amounts to privatisation of natural resources.
FoE’s report shows, for example that the Anglo-Dutch oil firm Shell has linked with Russian gas giant Gazprom and the Clinton Foundation to invest in the Rimba Rey project, 100,000ha of peat swamp in Indonesia. The project is expecting to prevent 75m tonnes of carbon being emitted over 30 years, which could earn the three groups $750m at a modest carbon price of $10 a tonne.
It also says that an investment of little more than $10m by the bank Merrill Lynch, the conservation group Flora and Fauna International and an Australian carbon trading company could generate more than $430m, over 30 years, from a project to protect 750,000ha of forest in Aceh province, Indonesia.
The “Redd rush” is limited to voluntary carbon offsets for now but is expected to become a stampede if the 193 countries meeting this week reach an outline forestry protection agreement that would allow governments to offset national emissions against forest conservation. It could result in eventual cash flows of $30bn a year from rich countries – who need to offset emissions – to poor countries, where most of the world’s endangered forests are.
But the report’s authors say great social risks attached to the schemes must be addressed. “There are significant risks that Redd will lead to the privatisation of the world’s forests, transferring them out of the hands of indigenous peoples and local communities and into the hands of bankers and carbon traders,” they say.
Many of the world’s greatest stretches of forests are the traditional home of indigenous peoples, and millions of others may be dependent on access to forests, say the authors, who urge that ownership of land and carbon rights must be resolved. “Many Redd-related disputes are now unfolding. Respect for indigenous peoples’ rights seems to be a missing element,” says the report. “A Redd race is under way. Redd is emerging as a mechanism that has the potential to exacerbate inequality, reaping huge rewards for corporate investors whilst bringing considerably fewer benefits or even serious disadvantages to forest dependent communities. It could become a dangerous distraction from the business of implementing real climate change cuts.”
One major concern is that the weak legal definitions of “forest” and “degraded land” would let the powerful logging and palm companies carry on business as usual by persuading governments to redefine what constitutes a forests.
Greenpeace claimed last week that Indonesia planned to class large areas of its remaining natural forests as “degraded land” in order to cut them down and receive $1bn of climate aid for replanting them with palm trees and biofuel crops.
However some observers, including Lord Stern, say the Redd schemes offer the best opportunity for cost-effective and immediate reductions in greenhouse gas emissions. They say thatmore technologically sophisticated options, such as carbon capture and storage, could take several years to come into large-scale operation, and they are more expensive.
A spokesperson for Shell said the company could not yet comment on the Friends of the Earth report.
John Vidal, environment editor, in Cancun
Sunday 28 November 2010 19.58 GMT
Source: The Guardian
Global warming is a scam. Even IF there would be global warming, then CO2 would have nothing to do with it, because CO2 lags 800 years behind rising temperatures! That is a a scientific fact and if you watch ‘An Inconvenient Truth’, then you will see exactly that in Al Gore’s graph. (You know, that fake hockey stick graph.)
Global warming is a scam:
– Warmists Plot Secretly to Kill off The Medieval Warming Period Again (Telegraph)
– Professor Harold Lewis: ‘Global Warming Is The Greatest And Most Successful Pseudoscientific Fraud I Have Seen In My Long Life’ (Telegraph)
– Kiwigate: Global Warming Scam Revealed in Court (Suite 101)
– Dr Rajendra Pachauri’s charity accounts ‘ANOMALIES’ (Telegraph)
– Global Cooling and the New World Order (Telegraph):
“The 58th Bilderberg Meeting will be held in Sitges, Spain 3 – 6 June 2010. The Conference will deal mainly with Financial Reform, Security, Cyber Technology, Energy, Pakistan, Afghanistan, World Food Problem, Global Cooling, Social Networking, Medical Science, EU-US relations.”
Yep, that’s right. Global Cooling.
– ‘Climate change sceptics have smaller members, uglier wives, dumber kids’ says new study made up by warmists
– Leading Scientist Warns of Ice Age: ‘Most of Europe Will Be Under Ice’
– Met Office blocked role of leading scientist in ‘hockey stick’ climate change row
– Godfrey Bloom Exposes the Global Warming Scam (European Parliament, Strasbourg, 20.01.2010)
– Lord Christopher Monckton reports on Pachauri’s eye opening Copenhagen presentation
– Top Scientist: Rise of Sea Levels is ‘The Greatest Lie Ever Told’
– Prof. Ian Clark: ‘Rises in C02 lag 800 years behind temperature rises!’ – You will pay taxes for nothing! (!)
– Climate crunch: David Bellamy on global warming fraud
– Study: CO2 levels remained constant since 1850! (University of Bristol) (!)
– What happened to global warming? The warmest year recorded globally was 1998 (BBC News)
– Global Warming Expert Prof. Latif: Earth has not warmed for nearly a decade and that we are likely entering “one or even two decades during which temperatures cool.” (The Calgary Herald)
– Solar Physicist Predicts Ice Age: “SOLAR CYCLE 24 HAS NOW GONE CLEARLY BELOW DALTON LEVEL.” (The Examiner)
– The Great Global Warming Swindle (Documentary)
– Ron Paul: Global Warming Petition Signed by 31,478 Scientists (Lew Rockwell)
– NASA Study: Solar Cycle, Not Man, Responsible for Gobal Warming (DailyTech)
– Global warming alarmists out in cold (Herald Sun)
– Nobody listens to the real climate change experts (Telegraph)
– Climate ‘denial’ is now a mental disorder (Telegraph)
– Japan’s boffins: Global warming isn’t man-made (The Register)
– Al Gore sued by over 30.000 Scientists for fraud (Video)
– World is getting colder: It’s the sun, not CO2, that’s to blame (Washington Times)
– Global warning: We are actually heading towards a new Ice Age, claim scientists (Daily Mail)
– Scientists find greenhouse gas hysteria to be myth (World Net Daily)
– 2008 was the year man-made global warming was disproved (Telegraph)
– Army: Sun, Not Man, Is Causing Climate Change (Wired)
– World might be heading towards Ice Age (Economic Times)
– Flashback: David Ballamy: ‘BBC shunned Me For Denying Man-Made Global Warming’ (Daily Express)
– Climategate: Inventor of Mann-made global warming feels the heat
– Climategate: New Revelations
– Climategate: Dr. Michael Mann Threatens Lawsuit Over Satirical YouTube Video
– Climategate: The Parliamentary Cover-Up Exposed (Telegraph)
– Climategate: Two More Bricks Fall Out Of The IPCC Wall Of Deceit – Rainforests And Polar Bears (Telegraph)
– Climategate: Michael Mann’s Very Unhappy ‘Whistleblower’ New Year (Telegraph)
– Climategate: Al Gore spews the usual utter nonsense but this time no one believes him (Telegraph)
– Climategate: Which part of ‘over’ don’t these people understand? – A quick idiot’s guide to why Climategate does matter (Telegraph)
– Climategate and the Tiger Woods Index; Al Gore cancels Copenhagen speaking event (Telegraph)
– Lord Christopher Monckton – Climategate: Caught Greenhanded! Cold Facts About The Hot Topic of Global Temperature Change After The Climategate Scandal
– Climategate: It’s all unravelling now! (Telegraph)
– Climategate: Follow the Money (The Wall Street Journal)
– Climategate scandal claims its first big political scalp (Telegraph)
– Climategate: Googlegate?! (Telegraph)
– Lord Cristopher Monckton on Climategate: Shut Down The UN, Arrest Al Gore
– Climategate: This is the worst scientific scandal of our generation (Telegraph)
– Climategate: The great climate change science scandal (The Times)
– Climategate Scandal: The Whitewash Begins (Telegraph)
– Climategate: Hacked emails include calls for ‘Earth Government’ as foundation of new world order, splitting of America
– Lord Christopher Monckton on Climategate: ‘They Are Criminals’
– Climategate: George Monbiot – aka the Great Moonbat – makes it all suddenly OK through medium of satire (Telegraph)
– Climategate: Scientists Would Rather Change Facts Than Their Theories (RT)
– Climategate on Lateline: Private climate documents hacked, published
– Climategate Bombshell: Dr. Tim Ball on the hacked CRU emails
– Climategate: The Day Science Died (TBR)
– Climategate: how the MSM reported the greatest scandal in modern science (Telegraph)
– Climategate: CRU director admits the emails flying all over the internet appear to be genuine (Herald Sun)
– Climategate: The Final Nail in The Coffin of ‘Anthropogenic Global Warming’?! (Telegraph)
Follow the money and the New World Order:
– Al Gore’s Enormous Carbon Footprint
– UK: Climate Change Act has the biggest ever bill (Telegraph)
– EU President Herman Van Rompuy Announces 2009 as ‘First Year of Global Governance’
– Congressman Ron Paul on the Copenhagen Treaty and the Cyber Security Act: ‘They are doing everything in the world to control the internet.’
– Al Gore could become world’s first carbon billionaire
– Lord Christopher Monckton: Is President Obama Poised to Surrender the Constitution and US Sovereignty to World Government? (!!!)
– EU Proposes €50bn Climate Change Deal Ahead of December’s Global Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen
So global warming is really about the elite finding more ways to take away your freedom and your money!
– 10:10 – No Pressure (Fascism We Can Take A Bath In!)
– Build-A-Bear: The Sinister Green Plot to Turn Our Kids Into Eco-Fascist Manchurian Candidates
– Insane British Government Global Warming Ad: Panic, Little Ones, It’s The Carbon Monster
In the news:
– What the Chinese really think of ‘Man-Made Global Warming’
– Bolivia’s Biggest Ecological Disaster: Cold Kills Estimated 6 Millions And Thousands of Alligators, Turtles And River Dolphins
– Argentina Has Colder Winter Than Antartica, Spurring Record Energy Imports
– Peru Declares State Of Emergency Amid Freezing Temperatures, Hundreds Of Children Die
– Mongolia: Winter of ‘White Death’ Devastated Nomads’ Way of Life
– Mongolian herders lost millions of animals because of extreme cold
– Spain: Heaviest Snowfall in Decades Leaves 250,000 Without Power
– Met Office: British winter was the coldest for 31 years
– US ‘Snowmageddon’: Hundreds of Thousands Remain Without Power in Washington DC
– Florida: Manatees die in record numbers from cold
– Florida Freeze Destroys Estimated 70% of Southwest Vegetable Crop
– UK: Gas supply rationed as temperature drops to -21C
– Winter Chaos Around The World
– Beijing and Seoul Hit by Heaviest Snow in More Than Half Century
– Britain is facing one of the coldest winters in 100 years, experts predict
– NCDC: 250 Snowfall Records So Far In 2009; This December Shapes Up to be the Coldest on Record
– US Blizzard: Christmas Misery for Millions; Oklahoma State of Emergency (Video)
– Blizzard Blasts Eastern US: Hundreds of Thousands of Homes Without Power
– Snowing on Copenhagen’s Global Warmist Parade
– US East Coast faces severe winter storm
– US ‘Monster’ Winter Storm Resembles Wintery Hurricane With Blizzard Conditions
– US: Cheyenne records snowiest October on record
– Autumn record-setting snowstorm wallops Rockies, Plains
– US: Freak Summer Storm Dumps Snow in Yonkers
Nature knows exactly how to deal with CO2:
– Carbon Dioxide Air Fertilization Improves Plant Growth and Quality, Cuts Operating Costs While Increasing Production
If you really want to change the climate on this planet then:
– Environment: Solar plant yields water and crops from the desert
1 thought on “Who Will Profit From The UN Forest Protection Scheme? Big Oil Companies And The Banksters”