See also: Peter Schiff on Obama’s Financial Regulation Bill and Goldman Sachs
A financial regulatory reform bill has at least one supporter outside of Congressional Democrats, Lloyd Blankfein, the head of investment bank Goldman Sachs.
“I’m generally supportive,” Blankfein told the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations.
Wall Street will benefit from the bill because it will make the market safer, Blankfein said.
“The biggest beneficiary of reform is Wall Street itself,” he said. “The biggest risk is risk financial institutions have with each other.”
American consumers also would benefit from better regulations, he said.
Blankfein said he didn’t know all the bill’s details and couldn’t speak to provisions that affect community and consumer banks and mortgage originators because they are “remote” to our experience.
By Vicki Needham – 04/27/10 06:45 PM ET
Source: The Huffington Post
More on Goldman Sachs “doing God’s work”:
– Goldman Sachs Banksters ‘Made Fortune Betting Against Clients’
– Computerized Front-Running: How a Computer Program Designed to Save the Free Market Turned Into a Monster
– Goldman Sachs taps President Obama’s former White House counsel, Gregory Craig
– President Obama Repaying His Masters At Goldman Sachs
– Goldman Sachs Banksters Implicated in Shorting Lehman Shares
– Perfect Timing: Goldman Sachs Set to Pay £3.5 Billion in Bonuses For Just 3 Months’ Work!
– SEC Accuses Goldman Sachs of Civil Fraud
– Looting Main Street: How the nation’s biggest banks are ripping off American cities with the same predatory deals that brought down Greece
– Goldman Sachs Squeezes Hedge Funds in $110 Billion ‘Collateral Arbitrage’
– Goldman Sucks
– Banksters Bet Greece Defaults on Debt They Helped Hide
– Secret AIG Document Shows That Goldman Sachs Minted Most Toxic CDOs
– Here Comes The Next Bubble: Carbon Trading
– Greek Debt Crisis: How Goldman Sachs Helped Greece to Mask its True Debt
– The CDS Puppetmaster Behind It All And The Ever Increasing Parallels Between AIG And Greece
– The Illuminati Banksters: JPMorgan vs. Goldman Sachs
– Secret Banking Cabal Emerges From AIG Shadows
– America’s Impending Master Class Dictatorship!
– Ron Paul on FOX NEWS: Wall Street Bailout FRAUD
– The No.1 Trend Forecaster Gerald Celente: Financial Mafia Controlling US and Wall Street
– How Goldman Sachs Made Tens Of Billions From The Economic Collapse Of America In Four Easy Steps
– Goldman Sachs: Investors Could Only Lose in Offshore Deals
– Goldman Sachs: Betting Against All of Us
– Chinese firm says won’t pay Goldman Sachs on options losses!
– Goldman Sachs Banksters Arming Themselves With Pistols Against Public
– Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein: I’m doing ‘God’s work’
– Wall Street Banksters To Pay $30 Billion Record Bonuses In 2009
– Absolute Perfection: Goldman Sachs Loses Money On Just One Trading Day In Q3
– Goldman Sachs: Trading Perfection And Statistical Improbabilities
– Goldman Sachs Takes On New Role: Taking Away People’s Homes
– CIT Bankruptcy Filing Expected in Days; $2.3 Billion Taxpayer Money to Be Wiped Out; Goldman Sachs Receives $285 Million In Termination Fees
– New York Fed’s Secret Choice to Pay for AIG Swaps Squandered Billions of Taxpayer Money:
…and remember who got the bailout money back then:
– AIG Discloses Counterparties as Obama, Cuomo Assail Bonuses:
This time the bailout money from the U.S. taxpayer went to:
Goldman Sachs led beneficiaries, with $12.9 billion, followed by SocGen, France’s No. 3 bank, with $11.9 billion, and Deutsche Bank, Germany’s biggest lender, with $11.8 billion. Barclays Plc received $8.5 billion from AIG, Merrill Lynch & Co. got $6.8 billion, Bank of America Corp. got $5.2 billion and UBS AG got $5 billion.
– US taxpayers pay Goldman Sachs for Swaps on Nonexistent Bonds
– The Goldman Sachs Bankster Casino – Where The Hell Is The Outrage?
– US: Utah approved a $27.3 million incentive package to keep Goldman Sachs, bringing the total amount to $47.3 million
– On the Edge with Max Keiser (09/04/09): The Banksters have free reign in America
– Goldman Sachs Loses Grip on Its Doomsday Machine
– Goldman Sachs Code Theft BOMBSHELL?
– Goldman Sachs Market Manipulation Dominance at Risk by Theft
– New Secrecy Rule Lets Goldman Sachs Control Stock Prices Unmolested by Public Scrutiny
– Goldman Sachs hires law firm to shut blogger’s site