Netanyahu on record:
– Former Head of Mossad Meir Dagan: Israel Government ‘Reckless And Irresponsible’ – ‘I Decided To Speak Because When I Was In Office, Diskin, Ashkenazi And I Could Block Any Dangerous Adventure. NOW I AM AFRAID THAT THERE IS NO ONE TO STOP BIBI AND BARAK’
– Angela Merkel reads Benjamin Netanyahu the riot act over settlement plan (Independent, Oct. 3, 2011):
Israel has infuriated its most reliable West European ally, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, by announcing expansion of a Jewish settlement in Jerusalem in defiance of a US-backed warning to both parties in the Middle East conflict to avoid “provocative actions”.
Ms Merkel’s anger, expressed in unequivocal terms in a personal telephone call to Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, was all the greater because of the prodigious efforts she had made on Israel’s behalf to thwart the Palestinians’ UN recognition bid and persuade Palestinian President, Mahmoud Abbas, to re-enter direct negotiations.
Israel yesterday formally accepted – albeit with “some concerns” – the statement by the international Quartet of the US, EU, Russia and the UN calling on both sides to hold direct talks. But the decision to build around 1,000 new homes in the Gilo settlement came as the Palestinian leadership was still deliberating on whether to do so. In the event, the Palestinians have stuck to their line that while there were encouraging elements in the Quartet’s statement, they will not agree to return to negotiations without a settlement freeze. Mr Abbas’s spokesman, Nabil Abu Rudeineh, told the official Palestinian news agency Wafa yesterday that “returning to negotiations requires the commitment of Israel to halt settlement activities and to recognise the 1967 borders without any equivocation”.
While that might have been the Palestinian position without the Gilo announcement, the expansion plan – condemned by the US and the EU – was widely seen by Western diplomats as a singularly ill-timed provocation, given the already extreme difficulty of persuading Palestinian leaders that talks with Mr Netanyahu would make any progress.
Ms Merkel was said by her spokesman Steffen Seibert, after her telephone call on Friday to Mr Netanyahu, to have had “absolutely no understanding” of how the expansion plan was allowed to go ahead. Mr Netanyahu had told the Jerusalem Post ahead of the Interior Ministry decision that he had no intention of intervening in it. An unnamed Israeli official was quoted in Haaretz yesterday as suggesting that a consequence of the row might be that Germany would change its mind and decide to support the proposal of French President Nicolas Sarkozy to upgrade the Palestinians’ UN status to that of “a non-member state”.
One option remains for the Palestinians to seek such status through the UN General Assembly if it fails to command the required nine state majority at the UN Security Council for full membership.
While the Quartet statement did not call for a settlement freeze, it did reaffirm the 2003 internationally agreed Road Map which called for a complete halt to settlement building and also referred to the Arab Peace Initiative, which specified that a Palestinian state should be based on 1967 borders.
Mr Netanyahu was said to have maintained to Ms Merkel that Gilo was an integral Jerusalem “neighbourhood” and that both sides had accepted in all previous negotiations that Gilo would fall within Israel if an agreement was reached. Most of the international community, including Britain, regards Gilo as built on territory occupied and then illegally annexed by Israel after 1967 and holds that fresh settlement building pre-empts future negotiations on a Palestinian state, which should have East Jerusalem as its capital.
Meanwhile, the hardline nationalist Deputy Foreign Minister, Danny Ayalon, repeated Mr Netanyahu’s line to reporters on a tour of Gilo yesterday, but also added that “Jerusalem is the capital of Israel and cannot and will not be divided. [Gilo] is part and parcel of Jerusalem now and forever.”
He added: “We have the highest appreciation and admiration for Angela Merkel. Germany has been among the best friends of Israel. But it is important for people to come here and see for themselves.
More on Israel:
– Israel Admits Effort To Build Up Military Threat Against Iran (Activist Post)
– Israel Breaks So-Called Ceasefire In Gaza After ONE Day (Activist Post)
– Israel Prepares For War With Egypt In Sinai Desert (Press TV)
– Fascism: Israeli Parliament Passed A Law Banning Boycotts Against The State And Its Settlements (Christian Science Monitor)
– Israeli Undercover Agents Boast Of Killing Palestinians on TV (Gilad Atzmon)
– Former Israeli Special Forces Soldier Reveals Assassination Squads (Breaking The Silence):
Breaking the Silence is an organization of veteran combatants who have served in the Israeli military since the start of the Second Intifada and have taken it upon themselves to expose the Israeli public to the reality of everyday life in the Occupied Territories.
– Watch How IDF Soldiers Treat Women!!! (Video) (YouTube)
– (CNN Video) Netanyahu Lectures Obama On Live TV At The White House:’It’s not going to happen. Everybody knows it’s not going to happen, and I think it’s time to tell the Palestinians forthrightly it’s not going to happen.”
And Helen Thomas is spot on:
– Traitor Joe Biden on Shalom TV: ‘I am a ZIONIST’
– Former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury Paul Craig Roberts: ‘AIPAC Owns The US Puppet Government’
– A Hebrew Israeli radio station, Kol Yisrael, on October 3rd 2001 reported that during an argument in an Israeli cabinet meeting, Shimon Peres warned Prime Minister Ariel Sharon that unless he would heed American requests for a cease fire with the Palestinians, he could cause America to turn against Israel. In a fit of anger, Sharon responded to Peres:
“Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that . . . I want to tell you something very clear: Don’t worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it.”
– U.S. Senator William Fulbright said on CBS’s Face the Nation, that, “Israel controls the U.S. Senate.”
– Mossad Agent ‘Brought Down Egypt’s Internet’ (Telegraph)
– Gilad Atzmon: Jews, Judaism and Jewishness (Gilad Atzmon)
– Israel: Work Begins on Egypt Barrier (Reuters)
– Gaza War Lies Vs. Facts (YouTube)
– Influential Rabbi Ovadia Yosef: Non-Jews Are Donkeys, Created To Serve Jews (Jerusalem Post)
– Israel Paves Way For Remote Control Killing (The National)
– Exposed: The Truth About Israel’s Land Grab In The West Bank (The Independent)
– President Abdullah Gul: Turkey will ‘never forgive’ Israel (Al Jazeera)
– Israeli soldiers murder at least 10 civilians on boat carrying aid to Gaza (Los Angeles Times)
– Gaza Aid Flotilla Delayed After Mystery Faults Hit Two Boats (Independent)
Dr. Alan Sabrosky, former director of studies at the US Army War College says that the military brass now know that Israel “and those traitors within our nation” committed the 911 attack.
……”I have had long conversations over the last two weeks with contacts at the Army War College and the headquarters, Marine Corps and I’ve made it absolutely clear in both cases that it is 100% certain that 9/11 was a Mossad operation.” Period.
– Israel Threatening To Use Nuclear Weapons On Iran! (FOX NEWS)
– Palestinian children are stoned while walking to school (Christian Peacemaker Teams)
– U.S. shipped 989 munitions containers to Israel week before Gaza invasion (Australien Herald)
– Israel’s war crimes in Gaza (Independent)
– Did Israeli soldiers kill unarmed civilians? (Toronto Star):
‘The most moral army in the world’ killed civilians without cause
– Israeli soldiers report abuses in Gaza (Los Angeles Times)
– Gaza building apparently hit by phosphorus: UN (Vancouver Sun)
– Israel used phosphorus in heavily populated areas, doctors charge (Kansas City Star)
– Israel shelled UK war graves in Gaza (Telegraph)