– ISIS uses Turkey for trafficking heroin to Europe – Russian anti-drugs chief:
One of the biggest money-spinners for Islamic State terrorists is transporting illegal drugs from Afghanistan to Europe through Turkey and the Balkans, according to the head of Russia’s federal anti-drug agency FKSN.
“ISIS fighters are controlling certain territory,” Viktor Ivanov was quoted as saying by TASS. “Now it is targeted by the Russian Air Force, but until recently the terrorists enjoyed great freedom there. Trafficking illegal drugs was one of the major sources of their income.”
Ivanov added that so far the heroin transported to the European Union via Turkey and the Balkans yields Islamic State (IS, previously ISIS/ISIL) about $150 billion for distribution to members of the criminal chain. “This money is getting into the criminal turnover and destabilizes the situation in the transit countries. Turkey is exactly such a country,” Ivanov told reporters.
In July, Russia’s top drug enforcer spoke at an international anti-trafficking conference in Gambia and said that the $500 billion annual income from illegal drug trade was the financial and organizational basis for new terrorist organizations, such as Boko Haram, Islamic State and others. “Illegal drugs are a kind of gold and foreign currency reserves for quasi-state groups,” he said.
In March, Ivanov said in a press interview that IS made up to $1 billion annually from Afghan heroin trafficked through its territory. He predicted another record-high poppy harvest in the terrorist-controlled lands, and urged countries to raise the issue of fighting the IS drugs trade at the highest international level, including at the UN, saying it represents a global security threat.
– ‘Rumors Persist That the CIA Helps Export Opium from Afghanistan’
– 400k Football Fields Worth Of Opium In Afghanistan
– Afghan Mission Accomplished: Record Amount Of Heroin Production For The World
– Former Blackwater Gets Rich As Afghan Drug Production Hits Record High (Guardian, March 31, 2015)
– America’s $7.6 BILLION ‘War’ On Afghan Drugs ‘Fails’, Opium Production Peaks (RT, Oct 21, 2014)
– The Consequences Of America’s Invasion Of Afghanistan: NYC Heroin Deaths Highest In A Decade (ZeroHedge)
– Does Obama Want to Stay in Afghanistan to Harvest Its Opium? (Global Research):
“opium production has increased 33 fold from 185 tons in 2001 to 6100 tons in 2006. In 2007, Afghanistan provided approximately 93% of the global supply of heroin…”
– Afghanistan Opium Harvest At Record High (BBC News)
– How Opium Greed Is Keeping US Troops in Afghanistan | Brainwash Update (Video)
– Afghanistan: $37 Million Aviation Facility May Have Been Used To Store OPIUM (Reuters)
– Big Oil’s Central Asian Mafia (Veterans Today)
– U.S. Kicks Drug-War Habit, Makes ‘Peace’ With Afghan Poppies (Wired)
– Veterans Today’s Gordon Duff: Obama’s Drone Strikes On Pakistan Not Targeting Terrorists, But Securing $80 Billion US Opium Empire
– Afghanistan: Opium Cultivation Rose Substantially In 2012 (New York Times)
– Afghan Opium Poppy Farming Increases 20%, Fuelled By High Opium Prices (Guardian)
– CIA Created Afghan Heroin Trade (Veterans Today)
– Afghanistan: Is Creating A ‘Narco-State’ Considered ‘Nation-Building?’ (Veterans Today)
– Brought To You By Poppy Bush, Obama Bin Bush And Al-CIAda: Photos Of U.S. And Afghan Troops Patrolling Poppy Fields June 2012 (Public Intelligence)
– Breaking News: Afghanistan – America’s ‘Total Lie War’ (Veterans Today)
– Afghanistan: Heroin Production Rose Between 2001 And 2011 From Just 185 Tons To A Staggering 5,800 Tons/Year (Daily Mail)
– Afghan Opium Production Increases By 61 Percent, Opium Yield Rises 133 Percent From 2010 (AFP)
– War On Drugs Revealed As Total Hoax: US Military Admits To Guarding, Assisting Lucrative Opium Trade In Afghanistan (Natural News)
– Afghan Opium Production ‘Rises By 61%’ Compared With 2010 – Per-Hectare Price Of Opium More Than Doubled (BBC News)