– UN Atomic Agency Money Goes to Terror Fight, Not Nuclear Safety (Bloomberg, Dec. 9, 2011):
Nine months after the worst nuclear disaster in decades, the world’s atomic-energy watchdog has yet to dedicate additional money to improve reactor safety.
The delay has prompted the U.S. to call for the International Atomic Energy Agency to prepare a budget for its so-called action plan and to clarify how it will respond to future nuclear emergencies. The United Nations-funded agency said the allocation will be determined after a team draws up the “main activities associated with the action plan,” according to a Dec. 5 statement to Bloomberg News. Money wasn’t included in the IAEA’s budget agreed to in September.
The agency classifies safety as one of its top three priorities, yet is spending 8.9 percent of its 352 million-euro ($469 million) regular budget this year on making plants secure from accidents. As it focuses resources on the other two priorities — technical cooperation and preventing nuclear- weapons proliferation — the IAEA is missing an opportunity to improve shortcomings in reactor safety exposed by the Fukushima disaster, said Trevor Findlay, a former Australian diplomat.
“The IAEA did not seize the opportunity of this dreadful event to advance the agency’s role in nuclear safety,” said Findlay, who is finishing a two-year study of the Vienna-based agency at Harvard University. Director General Yukiya Amano “has been tough on Iran and Syria, but not when it comes to nuclear safety.”
The IAEA was founded in 1957 as the global “Atoms for Peace” organization to promote “safe, secure and peaceful” nuclear technology, according to its website. A staff of 2,300 work at the IAEA’s secretariat at its headquarters.
Its mission statement encapsulates the same conflict as Japan’s failed nuclear-safety regime: playing the role of both promoter and regulator of atomic power, according to scientists, diplomats and analysts interviewed by Bloomberg News.
About half of the IAEA’s budget is devoted to restricting the use of nuclear material for military purposes, and the agency has spent a decade investigating Iran’s atomic program because of suspicion the country is developing weapons.
As the agency targeted weapons, the meltdowns at Tokyo Electric Power Co.’s Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear plant capped years of faked safety reports and fatal accidents in Japan’s atomic-power industry. The country’s Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency was in a conflict of interest because it was under the control of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, which had a mandate to promote nuclear power.
The IAEA “accepted for years the overlap between regulation and industry in Japan,” said Johannis Noeggerath, president of Switzerland’s Society of Nuclear Professionals and safety director for the country’s Leibstadt reactor. “They have a safety culture problem.”
The agency encourages “safe, secure and responsible use of nuclear energy in those countries that independently decide to embark on a nuclear power program,” said Gill Tudor, an IAEA spokeswoman. “Part of the agency’s mandate is to advise and work with independent national regulators.”
Since coming to office in 2009, Amano has spent five times more money fighting terrorism and preventing proliferation than on making the world’s 450 nuclear reactors safer, UN data show.
The agency’s safety division garnered little respect in U.S. diplomatic cables that described the department as a marketing channel for countries seeking to sell atomic technology.
They also questioned the credentials of Tomihiro Taniguchi, the IAEA’s former head of safety who helped create the regulatory regime in Japan, which is being blamed for failings that led to the Fukushima disaster.
“The department of safety and security needs a dedicated manager and a stronger leader,” U.S. IAEA Ambassador Glyn Davies wrote in December 2009 in a cable released by Wikileaks, the anti-secrecy website. “For the past 10 years, the department has suffered tremendously because of Deputy Director General Taniguchi’s weak management and leadership skills.”
The U.S. backed Amano’s bid to replace Mohamed ElBaradei in 2008 because he was believed to be supportive on confronting Iran. ElBaradei was accused by the U.S. and its allies of overstepping his IAEA mandate in seeking compromise solutions to resolve the Iranian nuclear issue. Amano was “solidly in the U.S. court,” according to a U.S. cable in October 2009 released by Wikileaks. The U.S. IAEA mission declined to comment on the cables.
By the time Amano reached office, the IAEA’s nuclear-safety division had downplayed the threat from natural disasters. In 2010, the director general’s first full year in office, anti- terrorism spending rose at three times the rate of safety expenditure.
“Tsunamis, floods, hurricanes and earthquakes have affected many parts of the world and nuclear installations everywhere responded admirably,” Taniguchi said in a December 2005 speech. “The design and operational features ensured that extreme natural conditions would not jeopardize safety.”
Taniguchi was also an executive of Japan’s Nuclear Power Engineering Corp., which promotes public acceptance of the operation of atomic-power plants, before joining the IAEA.
“I made contributions to significantly improving safety systems around the world,” Taniguchi said when asked about the U.S. cables. Now a professor at the Tokyo Institute of Technology, he lectures graduate students on nuclear security.
Promoting Atomic Power
The IAEA’s own mission to promote atomic power may also contradict the Convention on Nuclear Safety.
“Each contracting party shall take the appropriate steps to ensure an effective separation between the functions of the regulatory body and those of any other body or organization concerned with the promotion or utilization of nuclear energy,” says article 8.2 of the convention.
In the U.S., the Nuclear Regulatory Commission reports to Congress and is responsible for the licensing and oversight of atomic power operators, according to its website.
The IAEA has been tarnished by a series of nuclear-safety mishaps, including the combustion of plutonium in 2009 at an Austrian lab and a mishandled vial that contaminated part of a Belgian facility in 2011, according to the agency.
One IAEA plant inspector fell into a Czech nuclear-fuel cooling pond in 2007, according to four officials who declined to be identified. The agency won’t make public a full list of incidents involving its own staff.
“IAEA inspectors and field workers are largely on their own when it comes to safely carrying out their jobs,” said Robert Kelley, a former IAEA director who led inspections in Iraq. “They receive little guidance or support and they are very dependent on the facilities they are inspecting to protect their health.”
The agency’s failure on Fukushima is due to its timid leadership and an over-reliance on Japanese data, said Findlay, who will present the Center for International Governance Innovation’s report on the IAEA in Vienna in April. “The agency’s self-promotion led outsiders to naturally expect the agency to leap into action, so it only has itself to blame for that.”
Japan’s public remains uneasy about the reactors at Fukushima, which are still exposed to damage from earthquakes, said Akio Matsumura, a former diplomat and chairman of the World Business Academy. The absence of independent information about the meltdown compounds those fears, he said.
“The IAEA has disseminated reports on updates at Fukushima, but the source of the information is the Japanese government,” Matsumura said. “If the Japanese government chooses to remain opaque in its dealings, then the IAEA reports will be useless.”
The IAEA had to deflect criticism from its members for weeks following the Fukushima disaster because it refused to analyze risks from the meltdown. The U.S. NRC provided more risk assessments than the IAEA by independently widening the areas it labeled dangerous around the reactors beyond where Japanese officials set limits.
The Fukushima meltdowns have already spread more radiation over Japan than the Hiroshima and Nagasaki nuclear bombs combined, Arnie Gunderson, a U.S. nuclear engineer who testified before the NRC on the Fukushima meltdowns, wrote in an e-mail. The stricken plant is expected to be brought under control before the end of the year, according to Tepco.
More info on Fukushima:
– Prof. Yury Bandazhevsky: Over 50 Bq/Kg In Humans Leads To Irreversible Lesions In Vital Organs – CRIMINAL WHO, IAEA And U.N. EXPOSED (Video)
– ‘Decontamination’ For 2012 Fukushima Cherry Blossom Festival
– And Now: Wild Monkeys To Measure Fukushima Radiation
– Tepco Forced To Back Down From Plans To Dump Radioactive Water Into The Sea
– Fukushima Worker: ‘Everything Is Totally Out Of Control’ – ‘Fukushima Still Emits 60 Million Bequerels Per Hour’ – ‘Sea Contamination Is Ongoing’
– Radiation Expert: The Situation In Fukushima Is Rapidly Spinning Out Of Control
– Japan Public Enemy Prof. Hayakawa From Gunma University Told To Shut Up Or Face Disciplinary Action
– Professor Yukio Hayakawa of Gunma University Is Under Attack (Video)
– Fukushima Fallout: Japanese Company Recalls Powdered Baby Milk After Detecting High Levels Of Radioactive Cesium
– Fukushima: TEPCO Wants To Pump Radioactive Water Into The Ocean (Spiegel, Dec. 8, 2011)
– Japan Expands Rice Ban
– Fukushima: TEPCO Admits Radioactive Strontium-90 ‘Leaked Into Pacific’
– Fukushima Government Only Checks 2.9% Of Rice For Radioactivity
– Highly Radioactive Fallen Leaves In Tokyo
– Fukushima Water Purifying System HAS NEVER WORKED!
– Architect Of Fukushima Reactor No. 3: Just A Matter Of Time Before Corium Reaches Groundwater (= Worst Case Scenario!) (Video)
– Fukushima Nuclear Plant Leaks Large Quantities Of Highly Radioactive Water
– Japanese Scientists Call For Dumping Radioactive Soil Into Sea
– Experts: 5 to 10 Meter Barrier Must Be Installed Under Fukushima Reactors To Prevent The WORST CASE SCENARIO
– Japan Government To Approve Exports Of Nuclear Technology Worldwide
– Russian Police Confiscate Radioactive Japanese Car Tyres Emitting Excess Levels Of Gamma And Beta Rays
– Radioactive Xenon-133 400,000 Times Normal Found In Chiba Air Immediately After Fukushima Nuke Accident (Mainichi) – Dr. Helen Caldicott And Arnie Gundersen: Xenon-133 Causes Dramatic Increase In Lung Cancer, Bombards Humans With Very Powerful X-Rays And Turns Into Iodine, Cesium
– Fukushima Nuclear Catastrophe (‘China Syndrome’) Closer Than Thought
– TEPCO And NHK Obfuscation Of Fukushima Reactor No.1 Corium Into The Concrete
– Study Shows Worse Picture of Meltdown in Japan – Prof. Hiroaki Koide: ‘I Have Always Argued That The Containment Is Broken, And That There Is The Danger Of A Wider Radiation Leak’
– Institute of Applied Energy: Corium Could Be 2 Meters Deep Into Concrete
– AND NOW … TEPCO Admits Reactor 1 Corium May Be 65 Centimeters into the Concrete Pedestal of Containment Vessel
– And Now: Rice Burgers Made From Radioactive Fukushima Rice
– Japanese TV Program In 1993: What Happened to Chernobyl Children 7 Years after the Accident? ‘Truly Terrible Things Emerged Several Years After The Accident’ – THE CRIMINAL IAEA EXPOSED (Video)
– ‘Dangerously High Levels Of Radioactive Cesium’ Detected In Rice From Date City (60 Km From Fukushima Nuke Plant)
– Japan: Abukumagawa River Cesium Levels Hit 50 BILLIONS Becquerels Per Day
– Japanese Government Ordered Geiger Counters Manipulated To Display Lower Than Actual Radiation Levels
– ‘It’s Like Russian Roulette’: No More Than 20% Of Municipalities Testing School Lunches For Radiation (Only 10% In Fukushima And 8% In Miyagi!)
– Prof. Dr. Chris Busby (Globally Attacked By MSM): ‘We Are Going To Take Some Kind Of Libel Action Against Imperial College And George Monbiot Advisors’ (VIDEO)
– Russian Roulette In Japan: 15% Of Fukushima Bagged Rice SEVERELY Radioactive
– 50 More Locations In Tokyo Over Radiation Limit
– Southern Miyagi’s Disaster Debris May Be Too Radioactive For Tokyo (Nah, Just Follow The ‘Mix And Burn’ Government Radiation Reduction Guideline!)
– Tokyo Will Burn Miyagi’s Disaster And Radioactive Debris in Incineration Plants in 23 Special Wards
– Prof. Dr. Chris Busby (George Monbiot, Aka ‘The Great Moonbat’, Understandably Refused To Come) On Long Term Radiation Effects (Video – Oxford Town Hall)
– 14,600 Bq/Kg In Fukushima Wild Boar
– Mongolia Bans Importing Cars From Japan
– TEPCO: Radioactive Substances Belong To Landowners, Not Us
– Fukushima Prefecture Hospital Staffing Crisis
– Japan’s Richest Man Masayoshi Son, The ‘Unlikely Ally’ Of Anti-Nuclear Protesters, Donates His Lifelong Future Earnings To Disaster Victims
– Namie-machi, Fukushima: 33 Times Worse Than Chernobyl – 49,400,000 Bq/m2 (22Km From Fukushima Nuke Plant)
– Insane Japan: Radioactive Debris Burning Emits 19 Microsieverts/Hour Over Shinagawa, Tokyo
– Fukushima Worker: ‘There Is Nothing Left We Can Do’
– TEPCO Had Dust Sampling Data from March 11, Didn’t Tell The Rest Of Us Until November 24
– Japanese TV Star Suffers From Acute Leukemia After Eating Fukushima Produce (Video)
– Japan Government: 8 Percent Of the Country Is Contaminated By Radiation
– Radioactive Strontium Found in Central Tokyo!
– Highest Reading Yet At Fukushima Reactor No. 3: 1.6 Sieverts Per Hour!
– Architect Of Fukushima Reactor 3: China Syndrome Is Inevitable, Warns Of MASSIVE HYDROVOLCANIC EXPLOSION
– Cesium-137 Deposition Simulation Shows Massive Ocean Contamination
– Radioactive Koriyama City (Sakabuta Park): Deadly 33.53 MicroSieverts/Hour
– Radioactive Suwa Elementary School In Yokosuka Nov, 17 2011 (Video – Slideshow)
– Radiation In Japan: ‘Blowing In The Cold Autumnal Wind’ … or … How F****** Stupid Can They Get?
– Japan Residents Running Out Of Safe Food
– Japan Finally BANS Fukushima Rice
– Fukushima Fallout Fears Over Japan Farms (BBC)
– Up To 220,000 Bq/Kg Cesium In Japanese Conifers (Needles)!
– Japanese Emperor To Remain In Hospital – Radiation Anyone?
– Radioactive Iodine-131 Detected All Over Europe – Prof. Alexei Yablokov: ‘… Something Very Unpleasant And Uncommon Has Happened’
– Alice In Wonderland – Black Humor – Some Japanese Contaminated Beyond 100,000 CPM – Minister Of ‘Nuclear Power’ Goshi Hosono’s Face Shows Hiroshima ‘City Entering Exposure’ Spots? (Pics) – Decontamination Volunteers Die of Heart Attack
– Journalists Touring Fukushima Nuclear Plant Told To Put Cameras Down (Video)
– Radioactive Japan: 60,000 Bq/kg Cesium in Riverbed Soil in Fukushima
– Insane Japan: Tokyo To Burn Miyagi’s Disaster Debris in Addition to Iwate’s … And Then Dump It In Tokyo Bay Landfill
– 630 Bq/Kg Cesium In Rice From Fukushima City (NHK)
– Melted Nuclear Fuel From Reactors No. 1, 2, 3 Seems Leaking Out From Under Reactor Buildings (Mainichi)
– ‘Let’s Die Together’ – Radioactive Ekiden Marathon In Fukushima – Radiation Levels As High As Chernobyl Mandatory Evacuation Zone (Pics – Video)
– Fukushima Worker Shoes ‘Melted Immediately’
– Journalists Touring Damaged Fukushima Nuclear Plant Told To Stay In The Bus Because Of High Radiation Levels – Update: Japanese Journalist ‘Felt Ill From Heat And Fatique’ After Tour
– Radioactive Ekiden Marathon Race: Girls Are Running in Radiation Often Higher Than In ‘No Entry’ Zone
– Fire Department Rescue Squad Member Dies From Renal Failure 3 Months After Being Diagnosed With Internal Radiation Exposure
– TEPCO Opens Fukushima Nuclear Plant To Journalists – Prof. Hiroaki Koide: ‘Nobody Knows Where Exactly The Fuel Is, Or In What Condition’
– TEPCO: Fukushima Reactor No. 4 ‘Air Duct’ Explosion On 4th Floor
– Japan (Radioactive) Tsunami Debris Could Reach B.C. In Days: Oceanographer
– Japanese Radiation Experts Blast Government Decontamination Efforts
– Reactor 4 Spent Fuel Pool Is Completely ‘EXPOSED’ – Ambulances Heard At Least 10 Times A Day At Fukushima Nuclear Plant (Video)
– Another Radiation Hotspot In Tokyo At 7.356 Microsieverts/Hour
– Average Weight Increase In Fukushima Children: 3.1 Kg In 2010 Versus O.8 Kg In 2011
– Tokyo Metropolitan Government Employees To Concerned Citizens On The Phone Regarding Radioactive Disaster Debris: ‘There’s Nothing You Can Do About It, Ha-Ha’ – ‘It Is A Fate For Children To Accept Radiation Contamination’
– Radioactive Japan: The Imperial Family Is Sick … 63-Year-Old Fuji TV Newsman Who Has Been Promoting Fukushima Produce By Eating It In His Show Has Been Diagnosed With Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia … And More ‘Baseless’ Rumors
– Prof. Dr. Bin Mori Detects Radioactive Silver In Spiders At 1,000 Times The Concentration In the Environment; Bio-Concentration Of Radioactivity Has Already Started
– Silent Death – Horror Scenario Awaits Japan (The Low-Level Radiation Myth Exposed)
– Prof. Chris Busby: Ongoing (Out Of Control) Fission At Fukushima
– German Radiation Expert Warns Of Possibility Of Nuclear Explosion At Fukushima
– Radiation Hot Spots All Around Elementary School In Ibaraki (30 km From Tokyo), 120,000 Bq/Kg of Cesium In Soil Near Entrance
– 21.44 MicroSieverts/Hr At Koriyama School 60 Km From Fukushima Nuclear Plant (Video)
– Video of Packbot Cleaning Reactor 3′s 1st Floor In Extremely High Radiation – 620 Millisieverts/Hr AFTER Cleaning! (Video)
– Tokyo Governor Shintaro Ishihara To Tokyo Residents Who Protest Against Radioactive Disaster Debris From Iwate: ‘SHUT UP’
– Insane Japan: Radioactive Debris Burning Begins (Resulting Radioactive Ash And Incombustibles To Be Used As Landfill In Tokyo Bay)
– CRIMINALS: Koriyama City in Fukushima To Feed 2011 Rice To School Kids
– 2.22 Microsieverts/Hour In Front Of Junior High School In Tokyo Area (Video – Nov. 3, 2011)
– Acute Leukemia Cases Spiking In Japan
– Insane Japan: Radioactive Disaster Debris Arrives In Tokyo From Iwate Prefecture … To Be Crushed And Burned And Buried In The Landfill In Tokyo Bay
– The Costly Fallout Of Tatemae And Japan’s Culture Of Deceit (Japan Times): ‘As The Public – Possibly Worldwide – Sickens Over Time, The Truth Will Leak Out’
– Radiation In Tokyo Bay 15 Times Higher Than Limit Set By Nuclear Safety Commission
– Cesium-134 And Cesium-137 From Fukushima Already 95% Of Chernobyl
– Fukushima Reactor 2 CV Gas Analysis: 100-Fold Increase in Krypton-85 In One Day
– Nuclear Fission At Fukushima Reactor 2
– Japanese Physician’s Diagnose Radiation As Cause Of Unusual Changes In Children (Video)
– Japanese Government Official Drinks Fukushima Nuclear Plant Water!
– Tokyo’s High Radiation Supermarket: It’s Radium Again, Emitting 40 Millisieverts/Hr Radiation
– Scientist Marco Kaltofen’s Presents Data To APHA Confirming Hot Particles – Highest US Topsoil Radioactive Cesium Findings Over 10,000% Higher Than Highest Findings By UC Berkeley – ENORMOUS Radiation Exposure To The Population In Japan After The Earthquake
– The Fukushima Melt-Outs: Chernobyl Versus Fukushima – An Overview
– Japanese Government Still Refusing To Evacuate Fukushima Children (Video)
– Cesium-137 Flow Into Ocean 30 Times Greater Than Stated By TEPCO: Report (Kyodo)
– Ocean Absorbed 79 Percent Of Fukushima Fallout – ‘High Concentrations’ Reached North America And Europe (Forbes, Oct. 29, 2011)
– AND NOW: 110 Volunteers and Residents to ‘DECONTAMINATE’ High Radiation Area in Fukushima City
– Fukushima Beef Now Officially Banned (BBC News – Video)
– AND NOW: 110 Microsieverts Per Hour Detected At Tokyo Supermarket
– France’s IRSN Estimate Of Radioactive Cesium-137 Leaked Into The Pacific Ocean: 27,100 Terabequerels = 20 Times TEPCO’s Estimate!
– AND NOW: Burned Radioactive Sewage Sludge Dumped In Tokyo Bay (Video)
– Kashiwa Government Insists Being Unable To Handle Radiation Hotspot On Its Own (Daily Yomiuri, Oct. 28, 2011)
– Japan Considers Building New Capital In Case Of Emergency (Telegraph, Oct. 27, 2011)
– If Fukushima Reactor No. 4 Fuel Rods Spill On The Ground Tokyo And Yokohama Will Be Lost
– Local Japanese TV Channel Reports 120 Microsieverts Per Hour At Koriyama Train Station – ‘The Color Of The Trees Were Changed’ (Video)
– 80-120 Microsieverts Per Hour in Koriyama City, 60 Km From Fukushima Nuclear Plant
– Fukushima: Water Containing 2,600 Bq/Liter Tritium Sprayed In Plant Compound
– BBC Report: Fukushima Engineer Warns Of Nuclear Power Nightmare (Oct. 24, 2011 – Video)
– AND NOW: Japanese Government BURNS HIGHLY RADIOACTIVE SOIL In New Experiment To Remove Radioactive Cesium (!!!)
– Extremely High Levels Of Radiation Detected At 2 Schools In Chiba Prefecture
– Total Insanity: ‘Decontamination’ In Japan (Video)
– US Government’s Top Nuclear Regulator Gregory Jaczko: No One Died From Radiation Exposure At Fukushima
– 58 Microsieverts Per Hour Detected In Used Car At Japanese Port
– AND NOW: Dangerously Radioactive Second-Hand Cars Haunting Japan
– AND NOW: Radioactive Concrete At 2.5 Microsieverts Per Hour Sold In Japan Home Center Store
– Fukushima Re-Criticality Neutron Feast – Dancing With The Devil In North America (VIDEO)
– Fukushima Report: Reactors 5 And 6 In Trouble – Unlisted Disposable Workers Forced To Work Until They Die – Many Police Officers Dead Because Of High Radiation Exposure
– Researchers Find 6.15 MILLION Becquerels Per Square Metre In Fukushima City (Over 290,000 People), 4 Times Higher Than Chernobyl Mandatory Evacuation Area
– IAEA To Japanese People: Don’t Worry Be Happy … While Citizens Groups Find More Radiation Hot Spots In Tokyo
– Kashiwa City’s Radioactive Dirt: 276,000 Bq/Kg of Cesium!!!!!
– High Internal Radiation Exposure Found In Japanese Children
– The Nuclear Priesthood Exposed – Fukushima Update: Worrying Radiation Hot Spots In Tokyo (Interview With Chief Nuclear Engineer Arnie Gunderson – Video)
– Germany’s ZDF ‘Heute Show’ Making Fun Of TEPCO & Japanese Government Criminals
– Radiation in Fukushima Rivers, Wells Soars
– Over 50% Of Tested Seafood Samples From Japanese Supermarkets Contain Radioactive Cesium
– Neutron Ray From Uranium Detected In Tokyo (Video)
– Fukushima Nuclear Plant: 450 Tonnes of Groundwater Per Day Seeping into Reactor/Turbine Buildings
– Japanese Communities Detect Chernoblyl-Level Radiation (ABC News – Video)
– TOKYO: 29 Out Of 30 Teas Contaminated With Radioactive Cesium, 3 Exceeding Provisional Safety Limit
– Local Government Official Oyama Koichi Tells Young People To Leave Japan
– ALERT! – Saint Louis, MO: Radioactive Rain At 2.76 mR/Hr, 270 Times Over Background Radiation, Highest Reading So Far (Oct. 17, 2011)
– Prof. Chris Busby Update On Supplements To Block Fukushima Radiation (Video)
– Radioactive Debris In Japan: Government To Municipalities: Don’t Tell Anyone – Don’t Say No
– Massive Amounts Radioactive Ash And Sludge Pile Up In Japan
– Tokyo: 3.60 Microsieverts Per Hour In Roadside Mud (Video – Oct. 16, 2011)
– Media Concealed Leaked TEPCO Report: 120 Billion Becquerels of Plutonium, 7.6 Trillion Becquerels of Neptunium (Decays Into Plutonium) Released In First 100 Hours
– 20 Radiation Hot Spots Around Tokyo
– High Concentrations Of Radioactive Cesium Found In PLANKTON (NHK, Oct. 15, 2011)
– Japan Nuclear Agency Secretly Calculated Fukushima Meltdown Risks
– Radioactive Fukushima Rice Headed For Restaurants And Schools … And Consumers In Tokyo!
– Tokyo’s Setagaya Officials: Radiation Spike Unlikely From Fukushima (Sure!)
– ALL Fukushima Rice All Cleared For Shipment … Radioactive Or Not!
– Fukushima Journalist Takes On TEPCO
– Prof. Hirotada Ohashi, One Of The ‘Plutonium Brothers’, Was A TEPCO Employee!
– NHK Caught Manipulating Truth About Radiation Danger Again
– Radioactive Cesium From Breast Milk From Mothers In Hiroshima Prefecture (840 Km From Fukushima Nuclear Plant)
– High Radiation Dose Readings Marked In Spots In Tokyo, Chiba
– German TV-Channel ZDF ‘Frontal 21′ Interviews Fukushima Workers And Exposes Inhumane Working Conditions (Video – English Subtitles)
– How Kindergartens and Elementary Schools Enjoy Radioactive Autumn in Japan!
– TEPCO Uses Low-Level Radioactive Water To Spray Fukushima Nuclear Compound
– 300,000 Bq/m² of Radioactive Cesium at Okutama Region Where Tokyo’s Drinking Water Comes From
– Tokyo Tap Water In Crisis, Comes From Chernobyl-Like Contaminated Area (100,000 – 300,000 Bq/m2):
However, Okutama area, where Tokyo tap water comes is as dangerous as “contaminated area” in Chernobyl.
According to the data above, 100,000 ~ 300,000 Bq/m2 was measured in Okutama area.
– Casualties Mount in Japanese Radiation War – Fukushima on Facebook
– Tokyo Metropolitan Government Finds 51,000 Bequerels/Square Meter Radioactive Cesium In Shinjuku Soil
– Osaka: Fukushima Made Bridge Girders Read 700 Microsieverts
– Senior Fukushima Nuclear Engineer: ‘It’s Endless, Endless’ – ‘The Task Will Never End’
– Incinerator Near Tokyo Shut Down, High Levels Of Radioactive Cesium Detected In Ash
– Japan’s Ministry of the Environment Determined More Than Ever to Spread Radioactive Disaster Debris All Over Japan
– Iitate (45 Km From Fukushima Nuke Plant): Despite Removing Topsoil Radiation Levels Remain High – All Forests Must Be Cut Down To Reduce Contamination
– CRIMINALS OF THE WORST KIND: Japanese Government Will No Longer Measure PLUTONIUM (The Deadliest Substance On The Planet)!!!
– Dr. Helen Caldicott Blasting The Nuclear ‘Death’ & ‘Cancer’ Industry – ’40% Of The European Landmass Is Still Radioactive’
– Radiation Cover-up in Japan: Prof. Frank Daulton: Radiation 500 Km From Fukushima Is Ten Times Higher Than What The Japanese Government Claims
– Radioactive ‘Ekiden’ Marathon Race In Fukushima City In 1 Microsievert/Hr Radiation For Teenage Female Runners
– 15 Bq/m² Plutonium (The Deadliest Substance On The Planet) Detected In Minamisoma Soil 45 Km From Fukushima Nuclear Plant – Radioactive Strontium Found 80 Km From Fukushima Nuke Plant
– Fukushima Children Forced To Drink Radioactive Milk At School (Upper House Budget Committee, Sep. 29, 2011 – Video)
– Japan: New Government Maps Show Wide Dispersion of Plutonium and Strontium
– Whistleblower Prof. Kenichi Matsumoto: Japan’s PM ‘Isolated, Out Of His Depth’ (Video)
– Tokyo To Burn Massive Amounts Of Radioactive Debris From Tohoku
– Japanese PM Considered EVACUATION of Tokyo (ABC News)
– GENOCIDE: Prof. Chris Busby Exposes The Sinister Agenda Behind The Japanese Government Trucking Higly Radioactive Material From The Fukushima Area ALL OVER JAPAN To Burn It
– Fukushima Desolation Worst Since Nagasaki As Residents Flee
– Radiation Leakage From Fukushima Nuclear Plant So High In August It Exceeded Monitoring Equipment’s Maximum Measuring Capacity
– Fukushima Evacuation-Ready Zone To Be Abolished On Sep. 30, 2011
– Radioactive Train In Tokyo Metropolitan Area: Over 10 Microsievert/Hour Inside Train (Video)
– 105,600 Bq/Kg of Radioactive Cesium Found On Apartment Bldg Rooftop in Yokohama City
– BBC Fukushima Propaganda Debunked (Video)
– Japanese Government To Give Radioactive Canned Fish To Developing Countries For Free To Dispel Radiation ‘Rumor’ (NHK – Video)
– Thom Hartmann, RT: Fukushima A Dire Warning To The World – Japan (Video Exposing The Criminal Japanese Government)
– Fairewinds: Safety Problems In All (Mark I) Reactors Designed Like Fukushima – Introducing A Japanese Language Edition
– Prof. Chris Busby: Help Save Children Of Fukushima From Radiation! (Video Exposing The Evil Japanese Government)
– Japanese Government to Invite Foreigners Who Have Large Facebook and Twitter Followers to Tohoku So That They Can Tell Their Followers ‘Japan Is Safe’
– Japan’s Fukushima ‘Worst In History’ – Very Dangerous Hot Spots In Tokyo – Government Traitors Still Lying (Video)
– Tokyo: 60,000 Rally Against Nukes
– Japanese Government To Send Seafood, Goods Made in Fukushima, Miyagi, Iwate As AID To Developing Nations
– Radioactive Japan: 42,000 Bq/Kg Cesium In Dirt In Yokohama City
– Japan To Promote Use Of Potentially Radioactive Lumber With ‘Eco-Point’ Incentive
– Voluntary Radiation Decontamination In Japan: Shorts, Short-Sleeve T-Shirts, No Masks, Sneakers, With Small Kids (In Other Words, All The Things You Should Never Do)
– Japan: Area Of More Than 8,000 Square Km Accumulated Cesium-137 Levels Of 30,000 Bec/Sq Meter
– Huge Amounts Of Neptunium 239 Detected 60 Km From Fukushima!!!
– Japanese Government Trying To Stop Citizens From Taking Their Own Radiation Measurements (NHK ‘Sunday Debate’ Program)
– Prof. Chris Busby On Children Suffering Heart Attacks In Fukushima
– Geiger Counter Measures 0.378 Microsieverts In Tokyo Train Station 1 Meter Above Ground!!!
– Japan ‘Misstated’ Radiation … ‘And So Exposed People Unnecessarily’ (WSJ)
– Prof. Hiroaki Koide of Kyoto University: ‘Massive amounts of radioactive materials will be released into the environment again’ – Fukushima Reactor Core May Have Sunk Into The Ground – ‘We are now head to head with a situation that mankind has never faced before’
– Fukushima Nuclear Plant Back Into Recriticality
– Fukushima: Radioactive Release Into Sea Estimated Triple
– More Cover-Ups: TEPCO’s Extreme Blackout (Submits Almost Entirely Redacted Documents – Video)
– Former Japan PM Kan: TEPCO Wanted To Abandon Fukushima! … ‘NOBODY MIGHT LIVE IN TOKYO NOW’
– Mystery Flash At Fukushima Nuclear Plant (Video – Sep. 5, 2011)
– 4 Above Limit Radioactive Cesium Tea Products Reach Market
– TEPCO: Plutonium 238, 239, 240 Detected At Fukushima Playground, Considered To Be From Triple Meltdown
– 28,000 Becquerels/Kg Of Radioactive Cesium In Wild Mushrooms in Fukushima
– Tokyo University Soil Expert: ‘This Is A Disaster Affecting All Residents Of Japan’ – ‘In 5-10 Years Time Cancer Or Illness Will Show’
– Radioactive Fish Above Legal Limit Caught in River North Of Tokyo – ‘Survey Finds Radiation Over Wide Area in Japan’ (Wall Street Journal)
– Greenpeace: Fukushima Schools Unsafe For Children With Radiation Readings As Much As 70 Times Above Safety Limit
– Fukushima Released 76 TRILLION Bequerels Of Plutonium 239
– DOOMED: Japan Gov. To Allow All RADIOACTIVE Material To Be Burned And Buried
– Fukushima Soil Contamination Exceeds Chernobyl Dead Zone At 34 Locations In 6 Municipalities, In One Location The Contamination Level Is More Than 10 Times The Chernobyl Level
– Fukushima Cesium-137 Leaks ‘Equal 168 Hiroshimas’
Fukushima City should have been evacuated a long time ago:
– Prof. Chris Busby: Fukushima Like the TITANIC – The Japanese Government Is Completely Out Of Order And If It Continuous Its Course Of Action Then It Is A Criminal Organization – ‘I Am Too Frightened To Go Closer To Meltdowns Than 100 Km’ Because Of High Levels Of Radiation
– Japanese Government To Finally Admit Forced Indefinite Long-Term Depopulation Of Fukushima Communities
– Evacuate FUKUSHIMA: Japanese Journalist Takashi Hirose: ‘It’s Like Killing Our Own Children, I Cannot Allow It To Happen’ – Teachers Force School Children To Eat Food That Their Parents Told Them Not To Eat
– Prof. Chris Busby On HOT PARTICLES – ‘The Citizens Of Fukushima Are Living In An Area Which The Soviet Union Would Have Considered To Be An Exclusion Zone In Terms Of Radioactivity’!
– WAKE-UP CALL: Prof. Tatsuhiko Kodama of Tokyo University To Japan Government ‘Shaking With Anger’: ‘What Are You Doing?’ (Part 1, 2, 3)
– Kobe University Radiation Expert Prof. Tomoya Yamauchi On Fukushima City (290,000 People): ‘Evacuation Must Be Conducted As Soon As Possible’
– Alert: Greenpeace Radiation Measurements In Fukushima City: Hot Spots At 500-700 Times Normal!!! (Video)
– Fukushima City (Over 290,000 People) Is In Danger: Greenpeace Detects Cobalt-60 And High Radiation ‘Hot Spots’ – Children Should Be Evacuated Immediately
– Prof. Hiroaki Koide of Kyoto University On The UGLY TRUTH About The Nuclear Disasters Of Chernobyl And Fukushima (Video)
– Fukushima Now Equal To 50 Plus Chernobyls & 3,000 Billion Lethal Doses Of Radiation
How about Tokyo?
– ‘Severely Contaminated Hotspots’ Found In Tokyo
– Prof. Chris Busby: ‘Very High Level Of Contamination Even As Far South As Tokyo. For Example, We Found One Sample In Tokyo That Had Levels Of Radioactivity Higher Than Levels Inside The Chernobyl Exclusion Zone. It’s A Very Serious Matter’
Here is what the Japanese and all the other elite puppet governments are really doing here:
– Independent Scientist Leuren Moret: Japan, US, Canadian Governments Complicit In Covering Up Fukushima Radiation – ‘We Are Facing Total Extermination And Genocide’ – ‘We Are On Our Own’ (Video & Article)
– Independent Scientist Leuren Moret: Nuclear Genocide Of Babies And Children In Japan, US, Canada Grows – Elitist Depopulation Agenda – Global Nuclear Holocaust
TREASON! GENOCIDE! RADIATION EXPERIMENTS!
Watch these Japanese officials just walk away from begging Fukushima citizens:
– This Is Outrageous: Japanese Government Killing Its Own People In Fukushima (Video)
The Japanese people are used as guinea pigs:
– Hiroshima To Fukushima, Finishing The Job: A Time For The Kill – ‘The Country Of Japan Is No More And The Land Is Permanently Uninhabitable’ (Veterans Today)
– Fukushima Radiation Alarms Doctors And Scientists – ‘We Have Begun To See Increased Nosebleeds, Stubborn Cases Of Diarrhoea, And Flu-Like Symptoms In Children’, Doctor Attributes Symptoms To Radiation Exposure
– Wall Street Journal: How the Japanese Government Failed Residents of Namie, Fukushima
– Japan’s Nuclear Agency Hides Children Radiation Results
– Guinea Pigs: Children In Fukushima To Be Given Regular Cancer Tests … Instead Of Necessary Evacuation!
– AND NOW: Japanese Government Sets 100 Millisieverts As New Lifetime Standard
– Fallout! (60 Minutes): Japan’s Recovery Won’t Be Measured In Years, But Centuries – Michio Kaku: These Humans Are Guinea Pigs!
– Radiation ‘Experiment’ In Japan Just Got Bigger, As Fukushima To Fit All Infants, Kindergarteners, School Children With Radiation Monitoring Badges:
… these are not “dosimeters” but “glass badges” that passively collect radiation information. It won’t help these children or their parents to avoid high-radiation areas and spots, it won’t tell them how much radiation they will have been exposed unless they are sent in to a company to interpret the data.
This is outrageous and it is called mind-control:
– Unbelievable: Former NHK Director And Economist: ‘Doesn’t The Kyoto City Government Know That Radioactive Materials Will Be Dissolved And Rendered Harmless Once They Get Burned?’
– AND NOW … Meet The 3 Japanese Scientists That Say: ‘Plutonium is Not That Dangerous’ (Video)
– How the Brainwashing Was Done in Fukushima: Government Twitter Propaganda Would Make Josef Goebbels Proud
– Post-Nuke Reconstruction Plan for Fukushima Prefecture: World-Class Radiation Medicine, Radiation Contamination Removal, Renewable Energy
– Not A Joke: Japan Government To Seek UNESCO Endorsement For Its Food To Promote Food Exports And To Restore Trust In The Safety Of Japanese Food
– Friggin’ Unbelievable: Fukushima Radiation Health Risk Advisor Prof. Dr. Yamashita Of Nagasaki University On Fukushima And Radiation (MUST-SEE!!!)
– And Now: Japanese Doctor Says ‘Radiation Is Good For You’, ‘Like An Angel’s Smile (Even At 50 Millisieverts/Year)’
There are no safe levels of radiation:
– Prof. Karl Grossman: ‘Radiation Hormesis An Incredible Lie’
– Japanese Cancer Expert on the Fukushima Situation: ‘I Just Cannot Feel Any Hope For Japan’s Future’
– AIOM (Italian Association of Medical Oncology) President Carmelo Iacono: ‘Nuclear Radiation Is The Most Carcinogenic Thing That Exists’
– IAEA Admits: There Is No Such Thing As ‘Safe’ Levels Of Radiation
– Prof. Chris Busby: ‘There’s No Doubt Fukushima Dwarfs Chernobyl’ – ‘There Has Been A Massive Cover-Up And That Cover-Up Is Still Going On (The Negative Health Effects Of Low-Dose Radiation From Fukushima!!!)
– Fairewinds’ Founder Maggie Gundersen Interviews Environmental Scientist Marco Kaltofen: Radiation In Food Is Going To Be A Nationwide Problem In The US!
– ‘Fukushima: Gross Miscarriage Of Radiation Science’ – Childrens Cancer Risk From Radiation Is 10 To 100 Times Higher For The Same Exposure To Adults
– Physicians For Social Responsibility Press Conference (04/26/2011): Chernobyl, Fukushima And Nuclear Power – Disturbing Facts!
– Dr. Helen Caldicott On The Japan Nuclear Disaster – The Truth MSM Won’t Tell You! (Video)
– Dr. Steven Wing And Chief Nuclear Engineer Arnie Gundersen Discuss Global Radiation Exposure and Consequences: There Is No Safe Dose of Radiation
– UC Santa Cruz Nuclear Expert Daniel Hirsch: ‘Every Amount of Radiation Exposure Increases Your Risk of Cancer.’ ‘There Is No Safe Level of Radiation.’
– Dr. Helen Caldicott: How Nuclear Apologists Mislead The World Over Radiation
– Dr. Brian Moench: There Is No ‘Safe’ Exposure To Radiation
– Dr. Peter Karamoskos: Don’t Be Fooled By A Never-Ending Cabal Of Paid Industry Scientific ”Consultants’ – Radiation Is Bad And Causes Cancer
– Are There Safe Levels of Radiation? How Much Radiation Is Safe? (Must-read!!!!!)
Radiation exposure is increased by a factor of a trillion. Inhaling even the tiniest particle, that’s the danger.
Yo: So making comparisons with X-rays and CT scans has no meaning. Because you can breathe in radioactive material.
Hirose: That’s right. When it enters your body, there’s no telling where it will go. The biggest danger is women, especially pregnant women, and little children. Now they’re talking about iodine and cesium, but that’s only part of it, they’re not using the proper detection instruments. What they call monitoring means only measuring the amount of radiation in the air. Their instruments don’t eat. What they measure has no connection with the amount of radioactive material.
Dr. Helen Caldicott (Co-founder of Physicians for Social Responsibility):
– The Propaganda From The Government And The Nuclear Industry About Low-Level Radiation Is Absolute Rubbish:
You’ve bought the propaganda from the nuclear industry. They say it’s low-level radiation. That’s absolute rubbish. If you inhale a millionth of a gram of plutonium, the surrounding cells receive a very, very high dose. Most die within that area, because it’s an alpha emitter. The cells on the periphery remain viable. They mutate, and the regulatory genes are damaged. Years later, that person develops cancer. Now, that’s true for radioactive iodine, that goes to the thyroid; cesium-137, that goes to the brain and muscles; strontium-90 goes to bone, causing bone cancer and leukemia. It’s imperative … that you understand internal emitters and radiation, and it’s not low level to the cells that are exposed. Radiobiology is imperative to understand these days.”
– TEPCO Informed The Japanese Government JUST 4 DAYS BEFORE March 11 Earthquake That The Fukushima Nuke Plant Would Not Withstand A Tsunami With Waves Exceeding 10 Meters
Big Brother Japan:
– Japanese Government Approves Over $900,000 In Funds To Combat ‘Erroneous Information’ (=Truth) About Fukushima
– Big Brother Japan: Government Monitors Tweets And Blog Posts To ‘Track Down Inaccurate Information And To Provide Correct Ones Instead
Radiation is now everywhere:
– 27,000 Becquerels/Kg Found At Kindergarten Over 200 Miles From Fukushima Nuke Plant
– New Scientific Data Supports Previous Fairewinds Analysis, As Contamination Spreads In Japan And Worldwide
– High Level Radioactive Cesium In Manure From Radioactive Fukushima Cows, Pigs That Have Been Sold To Farmers All Over Japan
– 4,000 Potentially Radioactive Cows Shipped from One Farm in Namie-Machi, Fukushima
– Japan Government To Lift Ban On Sales And Shipment Of Radioactive Fukushima Beef
– Fukushima: 186,000 Becquerels Per Kg Radioactive Cesium in Aizu Wakamatsu City
– Japan: Radioactive Beef Served in 296 Schools in 12 Prefectures
– Unbelievable: Japan Government Considers Reprocessing Over 1,550 Tons Of Highly Radioactive Sludge Found In 5 Prefectures As Soil For GARDENING
– Japan: Radioactive Compost Has Already Spread Wide
– Radioactive Fukushima Eggs: 60 Becquerels/Kg Cesium (Ukraine Safety Limit Is 6 Becquerels/Kg)
– Radiation in Japan Spreads: Wheat, Rapeseeds in Fukushima, Rice Hay Outside Fukushima Far Exceeding Safety Limit: 64,000 Becquerels/Kg Cesium In Rice Hay 83 Km From Fukushima
– Highly Radioactive Rice Hay In Tochigi: 106,000 Becquerels/Kg Cesium (Safety Limit Is 300 Becquerels/Kg)
– Japan Is Only Conducting VOLUNTARY TESTING As Threat to Japanese Food Chain Multiplies, Cesium And Iodine Contamination Found In Milk, Vegetables As Far As 360 Km From Fukushima Nuke Plant
– And Now Over 2,600 Meat Cows Suspected Of Being Fed With Radioactive Rice Hay!
– And Now: Government To Survey Half Of Japan For Soil Contamination
– Radiation in Fukushima City Order of Magnitude Higher Ther Than Offifficial Numbers?