In 2017, the wealth gap is wider then ever before. Just eight billionaires have a net worth of more than half the world’s population combined. To illustrate the rate at which this growth continues to occur, last year there were 62 individuals who had collectively accumulated as much wealth as half the planet. The gap continues to grow, and Americans continue to fork over their money to companies like Microsoft and Amazon. In fact, six of the eight wealthiest men are Americans.
An analysis from Oxfam warns that the gap between the rich and the poor is greater than ever. In their report, An Economy for the 99%, Oxfam describes the gap as “obscene.” The analysis reveals that eight very wealthy men have a combined net worth of $426 billion. There are 3.6 billion people comprising the poorest half of the world’s population, and their combined net worth is only $409 billion.
– Former NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg Calls Colorado a “Rural and Roadless” Backwater for Challenging his Gun Control Agenda (Liberty Blitzkrieg, July 11, 2014):
I’ve noticed a bizarre trend this year. Northeast establishment politicians attacking the state of Colorado for its own internal decisions. In many ways this makes sense. Having lived in New York City most of my life, I know full well it is not the liberal haven it claims to be. Rather, over the past decade or so it has become a statist, oligarch-coddling, bankster hideout. My adopted state of Colorado is a libertarian paradise by comparison.
– Today’s Global Warming Propaganda Is Brought To You By… (ZeroHedge, June 26, 2014):
“It’s going to get a lot hotter in the United States over the next 100 years, and worse going forward,” notes a report cited by Bloomberg.The report, below, fearmongers the mutually assured destruction that will happen if something is not done right now about global warming (despite the implications being out to the year 2200) concluding… “The risks are much more perverse and cruel than we saw with the financial crisis, because they accumulate over time…a business-as-usual approach is actually radical risk-taking.” Can you guess who sponsored the report and used those M.A.D. words?
First, the report via Bloomberg,
– Shelters Fill as Rent Aid Disappears (Wall Street Journal, Dec 27, 2013):
New York City residents who received rent subsidies are flocking to homeless shelters.
New York City homeless shelters—swelling with record-high populations not seen since the Great Depression—are increasingly being sought out by people who participated in a now-defunct rent-subsidy program designed to reduce homelessness, according to a report to be released Saturday.
– New York City to force all children to be injected with mercury in the form of flu shots (Natural News, Dec 12, 2013):
Of all the toxic heavy metals, mercury is the most devastating to the brain. No legitimate scientist would ever argue that mercury is safe to inject into a child at any dose, and the CDC has never established any “safe” level of mercury in human blood for the simple reason that there’s isn’t any safe level.
Yet the New York City Board of Health has now decided that all children in New York City need to be injected with a devastating dose of toxic mercury as part of their twisted “public health” measure. Flu shots, of course, still contain the neurotoxin heavy metal known as mercury, yet virtually the entire medical establishment blatantly lies to the public and claims — with a straight face — that “all the mercury has been removed from vaccines.”
That is an insidious lie. It’s still in flu shots.
CDC admits: Nearly all flu shots still contain toxic mercury
– Bloomberg to Force Flu Vaccines for All NYC Children (Healthy Debates, Dec 10, 2013):
Autism advocates are set to protest tomorrow against a quiet effort by Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s administration to require annual flu vaccinations for all New York City schoolchildren.
On Wednesday, with just three weeks to go until he leaves office, Mr. Bloomberg’s controversial Board of Health is set to vote on new rules that would force children as young as six months old to be immunized each year before December 31 if they attend licensed day care or pre-school programs.
– Video of the Day: Veterans Arrested at Vietnam Memorial in NYC (Liberty Blitzkrieg, Oct 8, 2013):
The following is a powerful, touching and very well done video that includes veterans of various wars, ranging from World War II to Vietnam as well as some of our recent imperial adventures. It is entirely clear that this is no stunt, but rather a heartfelt and genuine expression of grief and disillusionment from Americans who have seen the pain and suffering of war up close, and who clearly continue to experience much sadness many years later.
As expected, Mayor Bloomberg’s storm-troopers did as told and arrested these folks (many of whom are elderly) shortly after the 10pm curfew.
No Victim. No Crime. This is fucking ridiculous.
– Bloomberg seeks mandatory fingerprinting for NYC public housing residents (RT, Aug 17, 2013):
The 620,000 residents living in public housing projects should be fingerprinted as a crime-prevention measure, said New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, but many city residents protest that the proposal is an invasion of privacy.
Bloomberg, 71, who has acquired a reputation for promoting controversial ideas, including imposing a ban on the sale of large soft drinks, says his latest proposal will make public housing safer.
“The people that live (in public housing), most of them, want more police protection,” the three-time mayor said on his weekly WOR radio broadcast Friday. “They want more people. If you have strangers walking in the halls of your apartment building, don’t you want somebody to stop and say: ‘Who are you, why are you here?’”
He added: “What we really should have is fingerprinting to get in, since there’s an allegation that some of the apartments aren’t occupied by the people who originally have the lease.”
Just 5 percent of New York’s population lives in public housing, but 20 percent of the city’s reported crime is committed by residents of government-subsidized housing projects, Bloomberg said.
“We’ve just got to find some way to keep bringing crime down there.”
– US Judge Says Bloomberg’s “Stop-And-Frisk” Policy Is Unconstitutional, Accuses “Highest Officials” Of Discrimination (ZeroHedge, Aug 12, 2013):
In a shocking twist for the New Normal, a US judge has actually upheld the constitution…
- New York district judge Shira Scheindlin says New York City “stop-and-frisk” policy violates U.S. constitution — court ruling
- U.S. district judge Shira Scheindlin says city acted with delberate indifference toward police practice of making unconstitutional stops and conducting unconstitutional frisks
- Judge says city adopted policy of “indirect racial profiling” by targeting racially defined groups for stops
- Judge says city policy resulted in disproportionate, discriminatory stopping of blacks and hispanics, violating equal protection clause
- Judge says city’s highest officials “turned a blind eye” to evidence that stops are being conducted in racially discriminatory manner
- Judge orders independent monitor to oversee compliance with policy changes that must be introduced
- Judge says city must adopt written policy specifying circumstances where stops are authorized
- Judge says city must adopt trial program requiring the use of body-worn cameras in one precinct per borough
- Judge says city must set up community-based remedial process under court-appointed facilitator
And the punchline:
- Judge says nypd personnel felt or were aware of pressure to increase number of stops after arrival of nyc mayor bloomberg, nypd commissioner kelly
We hope judge Scheindlin never takes baths or embarks on naval adventures in the near, or long-term, future.
– Incredibly, Mayor Bloomberg Claims Whites are Overly Victimized by “Stop and Frisk” (Liberty Blitzkrieg, July 26, 2013):
“More than 86 percent of people stopped during the Bloomberg administration were black or Latino, according to an analysis by the NYCLU based on an extrapolation of Police Department data. And 4.4 million of these stop-and-frisk encounters, or 88 percent, were of innocent people who were not arrested or issued a summons.”