— New Eastern Outlook (@JournalNEO) March 10, 2017
* * *
– TV: “Astronomical amounts of radiation” found in downtown Tokyo… Directly outside gov’t building — ‘Horrific’ readings where kids playing in Fukushima, ‘extreme’ levels found where food is grown for elementary school lunches — Nuclear expert shocked, upset by discovery (VIDEO):
CCTV (Channel 17 in Burlington, Vermont), published Jun 20, 2016 (emphasis added):
- Margaret Harrington, host: I know you mentioned Arnie Gundersen, the chief engineer at Fairewinds, and he said that he measured the radiation there, too. Could you talk about that a little bit?
- Maggie Gundersen, Fairewinds Energy Education founder and CEO: He’s working with some other scientists who are studying — both Japanese scientists, the samples that they took, and the US scientists who are evaluating the samples — and they’re finding astronomical amounts of radiation, even in downtown Tokyo outside of METI’s door. METI is the regulatory agency over nuclear power… When he and others were downtown in Tokyo, they took samples right there in a garden right outside the door and on the front doormat, and these are really, really high samples. Frightening, because people walking in Tokyo will then be inhaling that dust. What was the film we saw from Japan that had the mothers who were in an area where kids play and run from middle school?
Read moreTV: “Astronomical amounts of radiation” found in downtown Tokyo… Directly outside gov’t building — ‘Horrific’ readings where kids playing in Fukushima, ‘extreme’ levels found where food is grown for elementary school lunches — Nuclear expert shocked, upset by discovery (VIDEO)
According to NRA (Nuclear Regulation Authority), Tokyo still has fallout from Fukushima nuclear plant.
From their report released on 8/31/2015, 0.88 MBq/km2 of Cs-134/137 falls onto Tokyo this July. The sampling location was Shinjuku.
The comparable data on Fukushima prefecture is not listed on the same report for some reason.
More about Tokyo here:
– Nonprofit Group: “Every single person” we hosted from Japan has had health problems… Blood stains found in almost all of their beds — Japanese Mom: Most mothers I’ve met from Tokyo and Fukushima are suffering thyroid problems, eye problems, nose bleeds …
– Cs-134/137 detected from 9 of 9 pond smelt samples in Gunma (Fukushima Diary, Aug 25, 2015):
Related to this article.. Triathlon to be held in Haruna lake in Gunma, “80 million pond smelt eggs extinct, 340 Bq/Kg from surviving fish” [URL]
From the report of Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare published on 8/24/2015, significant density of Cs-134/137 was detected from all of 9 pond smelt samples.
– Tokyo Endures Longest Heat Wave Ever Recorded; Death Toll Surges to 55 in Japan (Weather.com, Aug 6, 2015):
A heat wave that has already killed dozens and sickened thousands in Japan reached ominous thresholds Wednesday as new heat records for intensity and duration were set in Tokyo and other Japanese cities.
Tokyo reached 35.1 degrees Celsius (95.2 degrees Fahrenheit) Wednesday, marking its fifth consecutive day of highs at or above 35 C (95 F). According to the Asahi Shimbun newspaper, this set a new all-time record for the most consecutive days at or above that threshold since records began in central Tokyo in June 1875. The city had already reached 35.1 C by 10:53 a.m. local time Thursday, according to preliminary JMA data, extending the streak to a sixth day.
“Authorities believe the incident has no connection to Fukushima disaster, as the contaminated area is not large.”
(Authoriies “believe” = they don’t know jack shit … or … are lying to the public)
So Fukushima could have nothing to do with it?
Fuel rod parts are to be found all over Japan.
“Kids at risk”?
More like kids being sacrificed since 3/11.
Aaaaand have the people, especially the children, been given iodide pills to protect their thyroid?
NO, not one pill!!!!
– Fukushima: More Then 42% of Children Have Thyroid Nodules Or Cysts (German TV Video, Nov 18, 2012):
More than 42% of 57,000 tested children have nodules or cyst, reports Dr. Suzuki who leads the examinations. In Chernobyl they found only 0.1 – 1%.
More on Tokyo’s situation down below.
– Kids at risk: Extremely high soil radiation detected in Tokyo playground (RT, April 24, 2015):
A playground in Tokyo turned out to be contaminated with radiation levels that 2,000 times exceed the maximums permitted in areas adjoining the devastated Fukushima nuclear plant. Authorities fear some children have been exposed to radiation influence.
The administrative office of Toshima ward in northwest Tokyo reported that soil probes showed 480 microsieverts per hour. Two hours of exposure at such levels would equal one year’s maximum allowable dose of radiation.
So they ‘evacuated’ the drone then (in order to protect it from the Fukushima radiation in Tokyo)?
And remember, radiation is “good for you” (but only in Japan):
From now on, the number of cancer patients in Fukushima will decrease.
Food items with a small amount of radiation will fetch “premium”.
Fukushima Prefecture will be the Number One health land in Japan, and people will flock to Fukushima.
Our future is bright.
– Radioactive Drone Discovered On Roof Of Japanese PM’s Office (ZeroHedge, April 22, 2015):
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe awoke on Wednesday to find a half-meter-wide drone, contaminated with trace levels of radioactive cesium, on the roof of his office in Tokyo. Of course this is nothing new for Washington where a drone crash-landed on The White House lawn in January and Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga said that Japan is looking to tighten laws governing drones (ahead of next year’s G7-summit and the 2020 Olympics). Of course, the police have explained cesium isn’t harmful to humans(though we suspect they aren’t stupid enough to drink it).
A drone was discovered on the roof of the Japanese prime minister’s office building Wednesday, and police said a tiny level of radiation was detected next to it.
– Gov’t model shows Fukushima radioactive gas near Tokyo skyrocketed to 10,000,000,000 times normal levels soon after 3/11 – “Very high concentrations” recorded at all monitoring posts in northern hemisphere (VIDEO) (ENENews, March 18, 2015):
Based on video from a November 2014 presentation by Roland Draxler of NOAA Air Resources Laboratory (powerpoint document):
- Video from Slide #4: ‘133Xe Example‘ – Xe-133 Air Concentration (kBq/m3) [kilobecquerels per cubic meter] from March 14-16, 2011 averaged between elevations of 0 meters and 100 meters with release starting at 9:00 am UTC on March 14, 2011
- The red dot shown on the maps during each 1-hour time interval appears to signify the location with the max
Read moreGov’t model shows Fukushima radioactive gas near Tokyo skyrocketed to 10,000,000,000 times normal levels soon after 3/11 – “Very high concentrations” recorded at all monitoring posts in northern hemisphere
– Japanese doctors threatened for revealing data on how bad Fukushima-related illnesses have become — Gundersen: We had pregnant sisters in Tokyo deliver two dead babies and one with deformities that’s alive; Gov’t refuses to disclose miscarriages or stillbirths around Fukushima (AUDIO) (ENENews, Nov 12, 2014):
Excerpts from Nuclear Hotseat w/ Libbe HaLevy, Nov. 12, 2014 (at 33:15 in):
- Nuclear expert Arnie Gundersen, Fairewinds Energy Education: We have firsthand knowledge from at least a half dozen Japanese doctors… who have said they have been threatened… if they speak frankly to their patients about the health effects that they’re experiencing; or if they frankly speak in public about their fears — and, in fact, measurements — of how bad radioactive illnesses really are. So we know of at least a half a dozen doctors who are being ‘sat on’, and if 6 are, you can be certain that many more are as well. It’s a pressure that’s being applied up and down the spectrum… [You would now expect] exactly what we’re seeing — earlier cancers and thyroid nodules. Then over the next 15 to 20 years, increased organ cancers as well as muscular cancers… The fact of the matter is, we’re going to see cancers in that 4 to 30 year time span. And I still stand by what I’ve been saying now for 3 years. I think there will be a million extra cancers as a result of Fukushima Daiichi.
Read moreJapanese doctors threatened for revealing data on how bad Fukushima-related illnesses have become — Gundersen: We had pregnant sisters in Tokyo deliver two dead babies and one with deformities that’s alive; Gov’t refuses to disclose miscarriages or stillbirths around Fukushima (AUDIO)
– Over 100,000 Bq/Kg of Cs-134/137 still detected in a park of Chiba (Fukushima Diary, Oct 13, 2014):
101,000 Bq/Kg of Cs-134/137 was measured from the soil of a park in Chiba. A citizen’s organization “PLANET ROCK” analyzed and reported this October.
The location is “Shin-Matsudo central park” in Matsudo city, Chiba. This area is known as one of the worst hot spots in Kanto area.
The specific sample was collected beside the toilet of the park. From the other side of the toilet, they also measured 93,400 Bq/Kg of Cs-134/137.
– Typhoon heads to Tokyo after killing US airman (The Guardian/AP, Oct 5, 2014):
A powerful typhoon was heading toward Tokyo on Sunday after lashing southern Japan, where it killed at least one U.S. airman on Okinawa island and left two others missing, officials said.
Typhoon Phanfone was off the coast of Shikoku in southwestern Japan on Sunday night, packing winds of up to 144 kilometers (90 miles) per hour after hitting the southern regions of Okinawa and Kyushu, Japan’s Meteorological Agency said.
Three U.S. Air Force members were washed away by high waves Sunday, with one found dead and the other two still missing, Japan’s coast guard said. Tsuguyoshi Miyagi, an official at the coast guard’s Okinawa branch, said the airmen were on the island’s northern coast.
– VIDEO: Radioactive material now flowing toward Tokyo and contaminating their water supply; Problems “actually only getting worse” — “Truth is no one in world really knows how to deal with Fukushima” — Gov’t Expert: Tepco “should give up’ making ice walls (ENENews, Sep 21, 2014):
Dr Ronald McCoy, MD, physician, Sept. 18, 2014 (emphasis added): Experts say that the Japanese government will soon be left with no choice but to release radioactive water into the ocean… The truth is that no one in the world really knows how to deal with the Fukushima accident… Murphy’s Law is inexorable: If anything can go wrong, in time it will go wrong. A major nuclear accident [can] render large areas of land uninhabitable for thousands of years.
Japan Times, Sept 19, 2014: Tepco started building ice walls [but] has been unable to seal the leaks… it hasn’t been able to freeze because the [highly contaminated] water is flowing too fast [from the turbine buildings]. Tepco is trying to figure out how it can seal up the leak[s]… but it is still unclear when it will be able to plug the leaks. [Atsunao Marui, a groundwater expert who is a member of a government panel dealing with the tainted water issue] said Tepco has been spending too much time trying to make the ice walls work, and should give up and explore other alternatives.
I repeat … “200 TRILLION Bq/Kg found near Tokyo”!!!
More info down below.
– 200,000,000,000,000 becquerels/kg in fuel rod materials found near Tokyo… “the material spread globally” — Composed “major part” of worst Fukushima plume — Persists for long time in living organisms — Must reconsider disaster’s health effects (PHOTOS) (ENENews, Aug 11, 2014):
Presentation by Yasuhito Igarashi of Japan’s Meteorological Research Institute at IAEA’s expert meeting (pdf), Characteristics of Spherical Cs-Bearing Particles Collected during the Early Stage of FDNPP Accident, February 2014: […] We have found spherical Cs-bearing particles (Cs-ball) from HV filter samples collected during Mar. 14-15, 2011, when the first radioactive plume arrived from the FDNPP accident at the MRI [Meteorological Research Institute] as well as Univ. Tsukuba, Japan. […] experiments showed that the Cs-ball occupied major part in the Mar. 14-15 Fukushima plume. They would persist for a long time in the environment as well as in living organisms. […] the investigation on radioactive aerosol during the second plume arrival gave no such Cs-ball. […] The finding should be a key to understand the processes of the FDNPP accident, to accurately evaluate the health and environmental impacts and to improve efficiency of the decontamination of the polluted area. […] Further studies are recommended for the present Cs-ball in more detail!
– Nuclear fuel found 15 miles from Tokyo suburbs — Fukushima uranium in ‘glassy’ spheres transported over 170 km — Structural materials from the nuclear reactors also present (PHOTOS) (ENENews, Aug 11, 2014):
Fukushima Diary, Aug 9, 2014: NHK admitted pieces of fuel rods and reactor vessels blasted to at least Ibaraki to contain Uranium & Zirconium […] NHK announced that pieces of nuclear fuel […] were blasted to at least 130km away from Fukushima nuclear plant. It was 2μm diameter particle. The ball-looking shape proves it was molten in high temperature and quickly cooled down […] the same material as nuclear fuel and the structure inside the vessels. These were collected from 3/14 ~ 3/15/2011 in Tsukuba city Ibaraki prefecture by the study group of Science Univ. of Tokyo. […]
– “NRA reports Cs-134/137 density in Tokyo tap water higher than Fukushima.” (Fukushima Diary, Aug 1, 2014)
More info down below.
– Japan Doctor: “Tokyo should no longer be inhabited” — Everyone here is a victim of Fukushima — People truly suffering — Bleeding under skin, urinary hemorrhaging — Children’s blood tests started changing last year — Time running short… up to physicians to save our citizens and future generations (ENENews, July 17, 2014):
Dr. Shigeru Mita’s essay published in the newsletter of Association of Doctors in Kodaira (Tokyo), translated by WNSCR, July 16, 2014: Why did I leave Tokyo? To my fellow doctors, I closed the clinic in March 2014, which had served the community of Kodaira for more than 50 years, since my father’s generation, and I have started a new Mita clinic in Okayama-city on April 21. […] It is clear that Eastern Japan and Metropolitan Tokyo have been contaminated with radiation […] contamination in the east part [of Tokyo] is 1000-4000 Bq/kg and the west part is 300-1000 Bq/kg. […] 0.5-1.5 Bq/kg before 2011. […] Tokyo should no longer be inhabited […] Contamination in Tokyo is progressing, and further worsened by urban radiation concentration […] radiation levels on the riverbeds […] in Tokyo have increased drastically in the last 1-2 years. […] Ever since 3.11, everybody living in Eastern Japan including Tokyo is a victim, and everybody is involved. […] The keyword here is “long-term low-level internal irradiation.” This differs greatly from medical irradiation or simple external exposure to radiation. […] People are truly suffering from this utter lack of support. […] If the power to save our citizens and future generations exists somewhere, it [is] in the hands of individual clinical doctors ourselves. […] Residents of Tokyo are unfortunately not in the position to pity the affected regions of Tohoku because they are victims themselves. Time is running short. […]
Read moreJapan Doctor: ‘Tokyo should no longer be inhabited’ – Everyone here is a victim of Fukushima – People truly suffering – Bleeding under skin, urinary hemorrhaging – Children’s blood tests started changing last year – Time running short …
– Tokyo hit by worst quake since 3/11 — Felt throughout more than half of Japan prefectures — Expert: “People should take precautions for next several days” — AP: ‘Unusual’ quakes shake Alaska (ENENews, May 5, 2014):
Yomiuri Shimbun, May 5, 2014: The quake, which struck at about 5:18 a.m., measured lower 5 on the Japanese seismic intensity scale of 7 in Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo […] the strongest seismic intensity level measured in central Tokyo since the Great East Japan Earthquake of 2011. […] Yohei Hasegawa, a Japan Meteorological Agency official in charge of monitoring earthquakes and tsunami, said at a news conference: “The earthquake is believed to have occurred inside the Pacific plate and it doesn’t seem to be related to an earthquake that could occur directly beneath Tokyo, which would have a different mechanism. It is unlikely to be followed by active aftershocks, but people should take precautions for the next several days.”
More info down below.
– Former Energy Dept. Official: People near Tokyo “were getting a yearly radiation dose in about 10 minutes” from Fukushima releases — “Radioactive gases might have been leaving at a rate of 300% a day, instead of 1% assumed by designer” (AUDIO) (ENENews, April 4, 2014):
Fukushima at Three: Folklore vs. Facts, Institute for Policy Studies, Mar. 7, 2014:
- At 9:15 in — Robert Alvarez, senior Energy Department official on nuclear issues from 1993-99: I think that the jury as to the exact amount that was released in the air and the water but over time the amount of the radioactive materials released to the air was I would say roughly in the ballpark of the Chernobyl accident.
- At 14:00 in — Alvarez: The radioactive gases might have been leaving at a rate of 300% a day, instead of 1% assumed by the designers. […] A radioactive isotope, a short live isotope called xenon-133, which is very radioactive, was found to 400,000 times normal in the city of Chiba. For 8 days. People were likely to be heavily exposed from just the short-lived isotopes. […] So they were getting a yearly dose in about 10 minutes.
Everybody should have evacuated Tokyo along time ago.
“If you don’t educate yourself now and fast, you’ll die.”
– Prof. Hayakawa of Gunma University
– Japan Physician: Parents should evacuate children from Tokyo; Danger from Fukushima radiation — “The threat has seemed to be spreading” — “I’ve seen a lot of patients badly affected” (ENENews, Feb 14, 2014):
Excerpts from an interview with Tokyo-based physician Shigeru Mita, Nelson Groom for Vice.com, Feb. 14, 2014 (h/t anonymous tip):
- I’ve done examinations on more than 1,500 patients. […] I run blood work and conduct thyroid ultrasound examinations. […] I’ve mostly tested patients living in Tokyo, and I’ve found a lot of harmful symptoms in children, especially in kindergarten students or elementary school […] serious effects in the elderly. There have been abnormalities in their differential white-blood-cell count […] decline in the neutrophil […] I conducted the first tests in December 2011 […] the threat has seemed to be spreading into Tokyo since then.
- There was a baby with a serious illness. […] she had no neutrophils. […] Thankfully, she recovered after moving to the Kyushu area. […] there aren’t any medicines to help […] I’ve seen a lot of patients from Tokyo who are badly affected, but when they move […] they get better. After they come back to Tokyo, it gets worse again.
Tokyo is finished.
(More info down below.)
– Professor: U.S. personnel destroyed thousands of documents to prepare for evacuation of Japan after 3/11 — Bloomberg: “Near-Chernobyl experience” for Tokyo even though 200+ kilometers from Fukushima (ENENews, Feb 8, 2014):
Bloomberg, Willianm Pesek in Japan, Feb. 6, 2014: […] Anyone who lived through Tokyo’s near-Chernobyl experience in 2011 may recall how poorly NHK performed even then. The network downplayed risks at every turn to avoid panic. Many of us learned about explosions at Fukushima from CNN, BBC and U.S. military news conferences, not Japan’s most trusted news source. Just imagine the next time disaster strikes. Abe’s secrecy law means journalists and whistle-blowers can go to jail for reporting what the government doesn’t want the public to know. It’s nice to know that during the next crisis, when we’re desperate for news, NHK will be ready to distract us with cheerful PR puff pieces. It’s now official policy.
Read moreProf.: U.S. personnel destroyed thousands of documents to prepare for evacuation of Japan after 3/11 – Bloomberg: ‘Near-Chernobyl experience’ for Tokyo even though 200+ kilometers from Fukushima
– Japanese Women Boycott Sex With Any Man Who Votes For Tokyo’s “Menstruating Women Are Irrational” Governor (ZeroHedge, Feb 7, 2014):
It would appear hell hath no fury like a menstruating Japanese woman scorned… As The Daily Star reports, women in Tokyo are threatening a sex boycott against any man who votes for the front-runner in this weekend’s critical Abenomics-vote-of-confidence gubernatorial election. The reason? Yoichi Masuzoe, a 65-year-old former political scientist, stated that it would not be proper to have women at the highest level of government because their menstrual cycle makes them irrational. All 16 candidates in the poll are men, with many of them aged in their 60s or older. But Masuzoe’s comments about women, as well as other controversial remarks on taxing the elderly, have triggered a backlash.
Women in Tokyo are threatening a sex boycott against any man who votes for the front-runner in this weekend’s gubernatorial election, in protest at his claim that menstruation makes women unfit for government.
– Officials: Tons of Fukushima radioactive waste in area beyond Tokyo, 150 miles from reactors — Higher strontium levels there than spot 1 mile from Daiichi plant — “Southern wind directions and rainfall explain relatively high activity levels” (ENENews, Feb 1, 2014):
Asahi Shimbun, Feb. 1, 2014: Sludge designated radioactive waste for 1st time in Kanagawa — The Environment Ministry has classified 2.9 tons of sludge from Prefecture as radioactive waste derived from the Fukushima nuclear disaster, the first such designation for the prefecture on the southern border of Tokyo. The designation, made in December, means the ministry is responsible for disposing of the radioactive sludge. […] Yokohama city government officials said the designation covers sludge from rain collection and storage facilities at 17 municipal elementary, junior high and other schools. […] The designation also included sludge collected from roadside ditches and elsewhere […] Waste containing more than 8,000 becquerels of radioactive cesium, spewed from the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant, per kilogram is eligible for the designation. […]
Concentration of Strontium-90 at Selected Hot Spots in Japan, PLOS ONE (Scientific Journal), March 2013: