– Michael Hastings Believed His Mercedes Was Being Tampered With (LA Weekly)
– The Michael Hastings Car Crash: No Skids Marks, A Flying Engine And ‘Boston Brakes’ (Liberty Blitzkrieg)
– Barrett Brown and Michael Hastings v. FBI (Cryptome, June 20, 2013)
– Michael Hastings Told WikiLeaks Lawyer He Was Being Investigated By The FBI Only A Few Hours Before Deadly Car Crash (Daily Mail, June 20, 2013)
– On The Assassination Of Journalist Michael Hastings: ‘We Got The Message …’ (Video – Veterans Today, June 19, 2013):
“For those who didn’t watch the entire video, go back. Catch the last few seconds. I was flabbergasted.”
“Whenever I’d been reporting around groups of dudes whose job it was to kill people, one of them would usually mention that they were going to kill me.”
– Exclusive: Who Killed Michael Hastings (Nation of Change, Oct 25, 2013):
Early in the morning on June 18, a brand new Mercedes C250 coupe was driving through the Melrose intersection on Highland Avenue in Hollywood when suddenly, out of nowhere, it sped up. According to an eye-witness, the car accelerated rapidly, bounced several times then fishtailed out of control before it slammed into a palm tree and burst into flames, ejecting its engine some 200 feet away.
A witness, Jose Rubalcalva, whose house stood adjacent to the crash, told Ana Kasparian of the The Young Turks news network that no one could approach the burning car because it kept exploding. In a simulated full-frontal crash of a 2013 C250 coupe, the car doesn’t explode on impact nor does it launch its engine 200 feet.
In fact, said Nael Issa, a Mercedes Benz dealer in Long Beach, “The car has a crumble zone, so when it crashes it goes in like an accordion. And in some cases the engine drops down, so it doesn’t go into you.”
The driver in the fatal crash was Michael Hastings, a 33-year-old crack investigative reporter for Rolling Stone magazine, whose June 2010 article, “The Runaway General,” exposed the behind-the-scenes failure of top U.S. General Stanley McChrystal’s counterinsurgency strategy in Afghanistan—and, even more damagingly, revealed McChrystal’s mocking attitude toward the Obama administration, which ultimately led to the general’s resignation.
Read moreWho Killed Michael Hastings