— Stan (@StanM3) May 4, 2018
* * *
— Infinite Unknown (@SecretNews) May 1, 2018
Violent crime, terror attacks, and epidemic levels of sexual assault in Europe are “not linked” to mass migration, Emmanuel Macron has said, blaming “discrimination” and inequality for the phenomena.
Speaking to George Washington University students in the U.S. last week, the French President also acknowledged that “90 per cent” of African migrants arriving in Europe are economic migrants and not refugees.
Macron was prompted to address the topic after a student stood up to say that Americans have watched as mass immigration “from the Middle East and Africa to Europe … over the years”, resulting in the rise of violence, crime, and terror attacks on the continent.
Highlighting “an increase in sexual assault and rape of women to the point that many women are too afraid to leave home” and “an increase in anti-Semitism to the point that in many cities Jewish citizens are advised not to wear religious garb for fear of being attacked”, she asked the President what his government is doing “to ensure the national security and the cultural identity of France and Europe”.
EMMANUEL Macron will reduce the compulsory school age to three-years-old in a bid to stop the spread of terror. The French President said schooling from a younger age would better integrate youngsters into society, avoiding alienation and the risk of radicalisation.
Families in poorer areas of France and in overseas territories are less likely to enrol their children in nursery, instead waiting until the current compulsory age of six.
— RT (@RT_com) March 22, 2018
The Jupiter style governing of Macron isn't working out very well. At least the EU still loves him. pic.twitter.com/RH5IpVMiM0
— Stan (@StanM3) March 22, 2018
“President Macron recently said he wants a law against “fake news”. If the law is adopted, all online magazines in France that do not broadcast what the government defines as “true news” could be subject to immediate government suspension. If they are located outside France, access to them would be blocked. Islamic online magazines and websites are not on the list of “fake news” providers. What online magazines and websites top the list? Those that question Islam.“
After the murders of much of the staff at the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo in Paris on January 7, 2015, the hostage-taking and slaughter at a kosher supermarket two days later confirmed what was already obvious: France was a target of Islamic terrorism. A huge demonstration, organized in Paris on January 11, brought together a million and a half people, with politicians from around the world in attendance.
For a brief moment, France seemed to be the country where the multitudes were ready to stand up for freedom of speech, and the government was ready to fight for Western values.
Unfortunately, that impression did not last long.
Macron Walks Back Syria Attack "Red-Line" Commenthttps://t.co/GJfhbL5ysl
— Infinite Unknown (@SecretNews) February 15, 2018
Macron: "France Will Strike" If Chemical Weapons Used In Syriahttps://t.co/tD6VBmQ7yt
— Infinite Unknown (@SecretNews) February 15, 2018
* * *
France has begun a new initiative to bring in 3,000 migrants directly from Africa, as 19 Sundanese migrants arrived on Monday who will be temporarily housed in a monastery in Alsace.
On Tuesday 25 migrants from Niger arrived in the country, followed by another group of African migrants on Wednesday. The flights will continue over the next two years, primarily from Chad and Niger, until the target of 3,000 is reached Die Welt reports.
The new migrant initiative was negotiated by French President Emmanuel Macron earlier this year in an effort to prevent mass migration across the Mediterranean to Europe.
President Macron has been joined by German Chancellor Angela Merkel, who has enacted a similar programme for Germany, along with Italian Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni and Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy.
The first good thing I hear coming from Macron and probably also the last.
Info on the detrimental health effects of mobile hones and Wi-Fi HERE.
Pupils, teachers and parents seem less than convinced by measure prohibiting use in primary, junior and middle schools
The French government is to ban students from using mobile phones in the country’s primary, junior and middle schools.
Children will be allowed to bring their phones to school, but not allowed to get them out at any time until they leave, even during breaks.
France’s invitation to beleaguered Lebanese premier Saad Hariri for him and his family to spend “a few days in Paris” has been viewed as French President Emmanuel Macron stepping in with deft soft power to resolve tensions between Saudi Arabia and Lebanon.
Less charitably, what Macron is really doing is giving cynical cover to the Saudi rulers for their extraordinary acts of aggression towards Lebanon and their violation of that country’s sovereignty.
Meanwhile in France. pic.twitter.com/mSGC9V4ywC
— Alois Irlmaier (@AloisIrlmaier) September 20, 2017
Emmanuel Macron wants to ban men from following women and asking for their phone number under new plans to end the ‘macho’ culture in France.
The 39-year-old French President vowed to crackdown on harassment on public transport and in the street when he was on the election trail earlier this year.
A working party set up by, Marlene Schiappa, the under-secretary for gender equality, is now looking to produce legislation making it illegal to harass people in a public place – and this could mean outlawing wolf-whistles.
Five MPs on the committee will examine the legal definition of street harassment before ruling what fines should be imposed, according to The Times.
But critics say the measures will be hard to implement because of the difficulty of proving an offence had taken place.
Schiappa, a blogger and novelist who Macron has appointed to his cabinet, suggested earlier this year that punishments could be in the form of on-the-spot fines – but the exact figure has yet to be determined.
Speaking to the Guardian, she revealed sexual harassment on the street was a ‘huge phenomenon’ in France.
* * *
Campaigners and politicians have expressed concern over the revelation that Hampshire Police handed more than 100 cautions for rape and other serious sexual offences in the past five years.
Crimes including sex with children under the age of 18 and incest were met by the force with police cautions — formal warnings that serve as an alternative to prosecution in minor cases — according to an investigation by the Hampshire Chronicle.
Since 2014, Hampshire constabulary have cautioned four people for rape, and another six for serious sexual assaults including five counts which were carried out on children under the age of 16.
Another disclosure from the data, which was obtained via Freedom of Information requests, included that between 2011 and 2012 the police force handed out 18 cautions for sexual assaults.
You’ll find my commentary down below.
In a move that is certain to prompt more allegations that Wikileaks is part of a counter-establishment push, one ostensibly supported by Russia, on Monday morning Wikileaks dumped more than 21,000 “verified” emails associated with the French presidential campaign of Emmanuel Macron. Julian Assange’s organisation claims the batch of 21,075 emails, dating from March 2009 to April 2017, have been uniquely verified through its DKIM system.
As a reminder, in the days before the May 7 French presidential election, Macron’s campaign confirmed it was hit with a “massive, coordinated” hack which released 9 gigabytes of personal documents.
The French electoral commission immediately prohibited the French media from publishing the contents of the leak, and while speculation quickly emerged that Russia was involved in this hacking, France later confirmed there were “no traces of Russian hackers in the Macron cyber attack.” The head of the French government’s cyber security agency, Guillaume Poupard, told AP the hack was “so generic and simple that it could have been practically anyone.”