I take Spirulina and AFA algae every day since many, many years and occasionally also Chlorella alga.
Spirulina and Chlorella HAVE TO BE ORGANIC!!! (Even if you normally do not eat organic food like I do.)
AFA alga comes from the upper Klamath Lake in Oregon and you can find a lot of negative (‘scientific’) BS about it on the internet.
AFA alga tests good for (almost) all patients (using all kinds of different testing methods), which is a extremely rare occurrence.
Now, after Fukushima, you have to be very careful what you are buying.
Disclosure: I am not affiliated with any company that produces, harvests or sells Spirulina, Chlorella and AFA algae.
I also recommend (organic) coconut oil:
- Spirulina is one of nature’s near-perfect foods, as it is up to 70 percent protein by weight and is rich in B vitamins (including B-12), minerals, GLA, natural iodine and phycocyanin
- Spirulina was found to have very positive effects for radiation sickness when given to children exposed to radiation after the Chernobyl nuclear accident
- Many studies have found that Spirulina can serve as a “radiation shield,” helping protect your thyroid gland, strengthen your immune system and blood, protect your kidneys, and bind to heavy radioactive isotopes so they can be more quickly eliminated from your body
- While spirulina is an excellent source of nutrition, you must be very careful about its source, since it can be contaminated with heavy metals and other environmental pollutants
– 5 Grams Daily of This REVERSED Severe Radiation Poisoning in Chernobyl Children… (Dr. Mercola, Nov. 09 2011):
Due to the many requests I received from concerned readers asking for guidance about strategies to help protect against radioactive fallout in the wake of the Japanese nuclear disaster, I recently wrote an article addressing those concerns.
Although the suggestions I made were all based on the latest scientific research, my investigation will be continuing in this area so that I can further refine those recommendations.