It’s certainly a good to know how to make a survival water filter, BUT…
…ALWAYS additionally boil or filter that water!!!
Use a water filter to make sure all harmful bacteria & protozoa are removed…
I have NO personal experience with the MSR. The Katadyn and the Sawyer are great.
- Military-grade water purifier pump removes viruses, bacteria, protozoa, and particulate from contaminated water sources virtually anywhere on earth
- Meets NSF protocol P248 testing standard of the U.S. military, using medical-grade fibers to provide protection from the tiniest waterborne threats
- Pumps at a rapid 2.5 liters per minute, treats up to 10,000 liters of water, and withstands freezing, drops, heavy use, and harsh environments
- Pump self-cleans on every stroke, providing consistently fast flow rates with zero hassle—no backflushing or filter-scrubbing ever required
- Ideal for backcountry, expeditions, global travel, and survival; purifier pump measures 8.2 x 4.7 inches and weighs 17.3 ounces; made in the USA
Best selling emergency preparedness water filter
Made of the highest quality construction, this robust water filter is ideal for long lasting continuous use, even under extreme circumstances. The filter’s silver impregnated ceramic element is effective against bacteria and protozoa, using a Micro Filtration method. Up to 1 quart (1 liter)/minute Cartridge Capacity, up to 13,000 gallons (50,000 liters), depending on water quality. This pocket water filter is a favorite of outdoor enthusiasts, international travelers, and the U.S. Military.
At least one sawyer filter should go into every BOB or INCH bag:
A water filter is an absolute must-have to survive the coming collapse!
* * *