– Doctor “removed 6 thyroids in recent months” from USS Reagan crew exposed to Fukushima fallout — “Over 500 sailors ill after mission in Japan” — Officer: “There’s sick soldiers everywhere, many in hospitals in San Diego or Hawaii… I don’t know what’s going on” — Veteran in wheelchair thrown out by physician, “You’re faking, you need to leave” (VIDEO) (ENENews, Feb 12, 2015):
Excerpts from Spiegel Online article by Alexander Osang, Feb. 5, 2015 (emphasis added):
- Master Chief Petty Officer Leticia Morales, aboard USS Ronald Reagan during Operation Tomodachi: Three-and-a-half years [after Operation Tomodachi, she’s] trying to remember the name of the doctor who removed her thyroid gland 10 months ago… In the last year-and-a-half, she has seen oncologists, radiologists, cardiologists, blood specialists, kidney specialists, gastrointestinal specialists, lymph node experts and metabolic specialists… It was the endocrinologist who asked her if she had been on the Ronald Reagan. During Tomodachi? Yes, Morales told her. Why? The doctor answered that he had removed six thyroid glands in recent months from sailors who had been on that ship… [In Feb. 2014, doctors] found a malignant growth in her thyroid gland. Morales… found that many of the symptoms she had been suffering matched up with those experienced by people exposed to radiation. “Some of the doctors I visited confirmed as much,” she says.
- Navy lieutenant Steve Simmons (Ret.), aboard USS Ronald Reagan during Operation Tomodachi: [Simmons] was in a military hospital in Washington DC together with three other men who had similar symptoms, he says. They had served on nuclear-powered submarines, but they disappeared from one day to the next, and when he asked what happened to them, everyone acted as though they had never been there… “They’re leaving us alone. They’re closing their eyes, keeping quiet and waiting for it to blow over. There are sick soldiers everywhere, many in the hospital in San Diego, or in the medical center in Hawaii.”
- Paul Garner, attorney for US military personnel exposed to Fukushima fallout: [They] contacted over 500 sailors who had become ill after the mission in Japan. Two-hundred-fifty of them answered and their stories form the backbone of the case… a variety of different forms of cancer, internal bleeding, abscesses, tumors, removed thyroid glands, gall bladders extractions and birth defects.
Interview with Lt. Simmons (at 11:15 in): “There are individuals out there who are in very similar situations to myself… progressive muscle weakness that starts in their legs and starts to ascend. There are individuals out there who have developed different forms of cancer, leukemia, children of service members born with birth defects because of their service over there… A lot of these other individuals who are suffering [didn’t] get a medical retirement… All too often, we’ve — each and every one of us — have run into doctors at some point who try to play it off that there’s nothing physically wrong us, and it’s all psychological. I went through it — a friend of mine is going through right now. A friend of mine has even been escorted out of a clinic by security because they told him he was faking… That is actually a military facility… His situation is very similar to mine… he had a doctor who recommended that it’s time for him to move to a wheelchair… When he went to get fitted for a chair, there was another physician [who] made it a point to say, “You don’t need a chair, and you’re faking, and you need to leave.” And then called security and had him escorted out of there. I don’t know what’s going on… My friend has had other doctors who told him that they’ve made a conscious decision not to align themselves with the doctors who are trying to convince everybody that it’s all psychological. I’m smart enough to read between those lines, and everybody else is smart enough to read between the lines — that there has been something said at some point by somebody that either A) We need to just make this go away; or B) We need to keep this out of the press.”
US sailors in ‘full protection gear’ (Japanese style) when USS Ronald Reagan Radiation Levels On March 13, 2011 Were 370,000,000 Bq/cm3
– Emotional Interview With USS Ronald Reagan Sailor Suffering After Fukushima Exposure: Others With Same Symptoms ‘Told To Be Quiet … Nobody’s Heard From Them’ – Health Is Worsening, Worried I’m Going To Die – Can’t Really Use Legs Or Arms, Hands ‘Barely Functional’ – Rashes All Over Body, Spasms, Shaking – Doctors Tell Us ‘It’s All Psychological’
– USS Ronald Reagan Sailor’s Skin Inflamed while Carrying American Flag Exposed To Fukushima Plume – ‘Whole left side’ of body affected – ‘They immediately stripped clothes off, hosed him down … it became an extreme emergency’
– USS Ronald Reagan Navy Officers: “My body is falling apart” after Japan rescue mission, his right side “just didn’t work” — Another “can no longer use his legs” and unable to urinate — If 300 times normal radiation is OK, I don’t know what to tell you
– USS Ronald Reagan Sailors Had Radioactive Snow Ball Fights Off Fukushima – Crew ‘Pretty Well Toast’ After Weeks On Pacific … Significant Cancers, Incessant Bleeding From Anus Or Vagina, Blindness – Debris From USS Reagan Sent To Hanford Nuclear Waste Site
– Fukushima Cover-Up Exposed: Former MSNBC host told not to warn people about Fukushima meltdowns: ‘The official gov’t position is that it’s safe’ – ‘Now go explain that to people who served on the USS Ronald Reagan’