– Fukushima Press Conference: “To the people of the world… dangerous developments… we need your help” — I vomited blood, skin inside mouth peeled out… no limit to radiation damage… contamination is all over Japan — Speaker nearly cries when revealing babies in rain waiting for food after explosion, “Gov’t didn’t issue any warnings” (VIDEO) (ENENews, July 13, 2014):
Introduction at the Foreign Correspondents’ Club of Japan, July 3, 2014 (at 2:00 in): They have a lot to say about the many health issues their families and communities are facing.
- 14:45 in — I was so ignorant of nuclear power plants, I kept on living [in Koriyama, 60 km from Fukushima Daiichi]. After Apr. 15, I started coughing very hard — couldn’t stop coughing and producing lots of green phlegm — then finally vomited blood. […] My husband couldn’t stand to see my suffering, he was wondering what had happened. I had a terrible headache. My skin inside my mouth kept peeling out, I had to spit it out. I also had a nose bleed in May, an awful lot of blood, it didn’t stop for a long time. I had tingling on hands and feet, always sick and tired. I happened to have a friend, a 2nd generation of atomic bomb victims, so I talked about my suffering to her. I also asked my friend to get in contact with Dr. Hida, who has been an authority on treating atomic bomb victims for a long time in Japan. He immediately said it’s rapid symptoms of nuclear radiation. […] Most people don’t even think of this area 60 km away from the power plant, that we have to suffer so much from the radiation. I’m now thinking that there is no limit to the radiation damage […] Thank you for listening to my story.
- 33:30 in — Radiation contamination is not only in Fukushima, because of the transport it’s been scattered all over Japan, and this issue is a national one I believe.
- 41:15 in — After the explosion, the weather changed. When the rain dropped on me while waiting in line for water, I was standing not knowing what is happening to me. [Almost crying] Many people — not only adults, but children, babies — were standing in line waiting to get water supply and food […] it lasted 5 days. I have to admit I was very ignorant, the prefecture’s local government or the state government didn’t issue any warnings about the radiation contamination. We just behaved as we did before the explosion.
- 1:04:00 in — The Ministry of Environment claims that this small burner will [dissipate???] all the radiation dosage. But the manufacturer of this burner says maximum it will be 60% […] So this is something I really want you people to know, that the government is burning the radioactive materials in Japan and spreading all radioactive materials into the air.
Saeko Uno of Fukushima City, at the Foreign Correspondents’ Club of Japan, July 3, 2014 (at 11:45 in): To the people of the world, we’d like you to be aware of the dangerous developments in Japan and pay attention to them. We need your helping hands to our activities toward [minimizing the] damage of nuclear power disaster. Thank you.