– Gone in the smoke (Fukushima Diary, Feb. 6, 2012):
Following up this article ..Steam from Fukushima plants
The smog is becoming more thick through these couple of hours.
Now you can’t even see reactor 3 and 4. JNN’s live camera has hardly worked.
Tepco announced they managed to decrease it to be 69.2℃ at 5:00PM of 2/6/2012, but it went up to 70.4℃ at 9:00PM again though they increased the amount of water to inject.
– Tepco is going to inject boric acid (Fukushima Diary, Feb. 6, 2012):
On the press conference of 2/6/2012 PM, Tepco announced they are going to add 960 Kg of boric acid tonight in JST.
They increased the amount of water to inject to reactor 2, but it’s still 70.6℃ at 5:00AM on 2/6/2012.
Tepco has started analyzing the gas to publish the data on 2/7/2012.
For the brief report, the amount of Xe135 is ND, (≦ 1Bq/cm3) which denies the possibility of recriticality.
However, they are going to inject 960 kg of boric acid and increase the amount of water by 3 tones.
The reason why they need to add boric acid is not explained.
– Steam from Fukushima plants (Fukushima Diary, Feb. 6, 2012)
– #Fukushima I Nuke Plant Reactor 2 RPV Temperature: 71.7 Degrees Celsius as of 4PM on 2/5/2012 (EX-SKF, Feb. 5, 2012)
– #Fukushima I Nuke Plant Reactor 2: Temperature Has Been Rising at the Bottom of RPV (EX-SKF, Feb. 5, 2012)
– Temperature of reactor 2 keeps getting high (Fukushima Diary, Feb. 5, 2012)