– “And the award for the most creative excuse for joining currency wars goes to…” (Lighthouse Investment Management, May 13, 2013):
… the Bank of Israel!
- On Monday, Bank of Israel cut interest rates in a surprise decision to 1.5% from 1.75%.
- Also, they are done with watching the Shekel strengthen against the dollar:
“Beginning this year, and in coming years, the Bank of Israel will purchase foreign exchange in order to offset the effect of natural gas production on the exchange rate.”
- Hilarious! The BoI tries to ‘justify’ entering the global currency wars with natural gas production. A top contender in Central Banking Oscar’s for “Most creative excuse for FX manipulation”!
- The Q&A brought up a critical question (not the kind of soft balls lobbed at ECB and the Fed by corrupt and incompetent journo’s):