More info down below.
– Vatican sex abuse trial halted as ex-archbishop falls ill (BBC News, July 11, 2015):
He is also charged with possession of child pornography.
If convicted, he could face between six and 10 years in a Vatican jail.
Pope Francis has overhauled the Vatican’s justice system to allow bishops to be tried in the Papal state, after the church was accused of not doing enough to tackle sex crimes against children.
– Vatican child sex abuse trial closes after six minutes (New Zealand Herald/Sunday Telegraph, July 12, 2015):
The Vatican’s first child sex abuse trial opened yesterday and closed after six minutes when the defendant failed to turn up.
Jozef Wesolowski, 66, the Holy See’s former ambassador to the Dominican Republic, was supposed to appear before a tribunal within the walls of the Vatican to face charges of paying underage boys for sexual acts in the Caribbean country.
However, the former archbishop was taken to hospital hours before the hearing was due to start, with Vatican officials saying he was in intensive care for an “unexpected” but unspecified illness, probably related to heart problems and stress.
The opening hearing in the trial went ahead anyway, but was swiftly adjourned, with lawyers saying the trial would resume at a later date after Wesolowski has recovered.
The landmark trial is emblematic of Pope Francis’s determination to show zero-tolerance towards sexual abuse of children by Roman Catholic clergy.
Wesolowski served as the Vatican’s nuncio, or ambassador, to the Dominican Republic from 2008 to 2013, during which time he allegedly paid shoeshine boys to perform sexual acts after picking them up along the beachfront in Santo Domingo, the capital.
Wesolowski was defrocked by a Church court in June last year.
If found guilty, he could face up to seven years in jail, with the sentence likely to be served in an Italian prison, given that the Vatican has very limited detention facilities.
His case is one of the most damaging to hit the Catholic Church since the clerical sex abuse scandal first erupted in the US more than a decade ago.
– The Sunday Telegraph
Satanic hand sign:
Horned Hand or The Mano Cornuto: this gesture is the Satanic salute, a sign of recognition between and allegiance of members of Satanism or other unholy groups.
Inverted (satanic) cross:
B16 with Bent Crucifix – Piers Compton, in his book, “The Broken Cross: Hidden Hand In the Vatican,” 1981, explains. This Bent Crucifix is “… a sinister symbol, used by Satanists in the sixth century, that had been revived at the time of Vatican II. This was a bent or broken cross, on which was displayed a repulsive and distorted figure of Christ, which the black magicians and sorcerers of the Middle Ages had made use of to represent the Biblical term “Mark of the Beast.” Yet, not only Paul VI, but his successors, the two John-Pauls, (and now B16) carried that object and held it up to be revered by crowds, who had not the slightest idea that it stood for anti-Christ.”
– Pope Francis Pushed Civil Unions For Gays In 2010 As Cardinal (Washington Times)
– JESUIT Pope Francis Has Blood On His Hands (Zen-Haven)
– Pope Benedict’s Child Porn ‘Normal’ Claim Sparks Outrage Among Victims (Belfast Teleraph)
– Belgian Catholic Church Child-Sex Abuse Victims Sue Holy See (Sydney Morning Herald/AFP)
– Exorcists Wanted: Apply to Catholic Church (Reuters)
– UK Paedophile Priests Remain In The Priesthood (Guardian)
– Catholics, It’s You This Freemason-Satanist Pope Has Abused (Independent)
– Database of Catholic Priests Publicly Accused of Sexual Abuse in the US (BishopAccountability.org)
– Catholic Church is ‘like the Mafia’ (The Telegraph)
– Catholic Priest Raped Teenage Boy At Gunpoint (My San Antonio)
– Austrian Catholic Church Abuse Hot Lines Log 566 Reports This Year (Austrian Independent)
– Australian Bishop says ‘vast amount’ of sexual abuse cases yet to emerge (Sydney Morning Herald)
– Deaf Boys Tried to Tell of Priest’s Abuse FOR YEARS (New York Times)
– Christopher Hitchens Slams Vatican, Pope Over Sex Abuse Scandal (Huffington Post)
– The Pope Is Not Above the Law (Slate)
– Sex Abuse Victims to Sue Vatican (Times)
– Vatican knew of abuse in Ontario: Victim (Toronto Star)
– A church sex scandal where the truth is crucified (Toronto Star)
– Catholic Church quietly expelling and punishing children, homeless (Irish Central)
Former Milwaukee Archbishop Rembert Weakland routinely shredded copies of weekly reports about sexual abuse by priests, according to formerly sealed testimony turned over to Milwaukee County’s district attorney on Thursday.
– Catholic Church Child Abuse: Nuns Now Also Accused (Radio Netherlands Worldwide)
– Church: Pope Had Role in Moving Molesting Priest (Bloomberg)
– Pope will struggle to survive abuse scandal (Irish Independent)
– Benedict’s involvement ’shows extent of cover-ups’ (Irish Independent)
– Sinead O’Connor: I’d help Jesus to burn down the Vatican (Irish Independent)