– Cyprus Parliament Rejects European Bailout Proposal: Calls Germany’s Bluff (ZeroHedge, March 19, 2013):
Just as we predicted yesterday, the Cyprus bailout vote has not passed parliament in a move that was merely there to force Germany’s bluff.
- CYPRUS BANK LEVY BILL DEFEATED WITH 36 VOTES AGAINST
- CYPRUS BANK LEVY BILL DEFEATED WITH 19 ABSTENTIONS
- CYPRUS PARLIAMENT VOTED IN SHOW OF HANDS IN NICOSIA
- ANASTASIADES FAILS TO SECURE VOTES FOR DEPOSIT LOSS BILL
What happens now, nobody knows. Prepare for a litany of very angry headlines out of the inner sanctum of Europe’s despotic chambers. Hopefully Pisani can explain it all.