Two-Year-Old Treated In Hospital ‘After Eating Used Condom He Found At McDonald’s’ Play Area

Two-year-old boy treated in hospital ‘after eating a used condom he found at McDonald’s’ (Daily Mail, March 14, 2013):

  • Anishi Spencer is seeking at least $50,000 in damages from the chain
  • She claims her toddler son found the condom on the floor of play area
  • He later coughed up a piece of rubber, and needed medical treatment

A mother is suing McDonald’s after she claimed her two-year-old son ate a used condom he found in the chain’s play area.

Anishi Spencer filed the suit – which seeks at least $50,000 in damages – on Wednesday.

She claims in the suit she visited the Chicago restaurant with sons Jonathan, then three, and Jacquel, two, on February 4, 2012, when they allegedly found the used condom on the play area floor of the outlet at Kezie Avenue.

She said son Jacquel then later coughed up a piece of the condom and both of her young children had to receive medical treatment.

The suit accuses McDonald’s Corporation and McDonald’s of Illinois of failing to properly clean ‘hazardous debris’ from an area used by children, the Chicago Sun Times reports.

It also claims the chain did not use surveillance to uncover any ‘deviant activities’ on the grounds.

A McDonald’s spokesman said: ‘Providing a safe, clean environment is a top priority for us. This restaurant is no exception.

‘We take these matters seriously and investigate all claims to gather the facts. At the time the lawsuit was filed, we had not completed our investigation and at no time have we been given the alleged object in question to examine.

‘These are just allegations and we strongly caution anyone from jumping to conclusions without having the facts. Because this is now a pending legal matter, it would be inappropriate to further comment or speculate.’

The three-count premises liability suit claims negligence, and seeks compensation for the children’s medical treatment. It seeks at least $50,000 in damages.

1 thought on “Two-Year-Old Treated In Hospital ‘After Eating Used Condom He Found At McDonald’s’ Play Area”

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.