“A leader is best when people barely know he exists, not so good when people obey and acclaim him, worst when they despise him. But of a good leader, who talks little, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say, ‘We did this ourselves.'”
– Lao Tzu
President Trump slammed critics, talked up tariffs, unveiled his 2020 slogan, brought up executing drug dealers (again) and noted how “bored” people would be if he acted like a regular old president at a Saturday night rally for Republican Rick Saccone in Moon Township, PA.
“Remember I used to say how easy it is to be presidential?” Trump reminded the audience. “But you would all be out of here right now. You would be so bored. I’m very presidential.”
Trump then gave a mock-campaign speech where he robotically delivered “boring” presidential remarks.
“See, that’s easy. That’s much easier than doing what I have to do,” said Trump. “But this is much more effective. This got us elected. If I came like a stiff you guys wouldn’t be here tonight.”
Trump also slammed “sleeping son of a bitch” Chuck Todd, and “very low IQ” Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi.
“It was 1999. I was on “Meet the Press” a show now headed by sleepy-eyes Chuck Todd. He’s a sleeping son of a bitch. I tell you.”
— Chet Cannon (@Chet_Cannon) March 11, 2018
“We have to defeat Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters, a low IQ individual,” Trump then said – going back into another impression, this time of Waters:
“Do you ever see her? We will impeach him!” President Trump said mockingly.
Trump calls Maxine Water a “very low IQ individual” during his rally in Pennsylvania pic.twitter.com/Emtkuz8fMv
— Salvador Hernandez (@SalHernandez) March 11, 2018
Trump also rolled out his 2020 slogan during the rally; “Keep America Great!”
“But we can only do that if we elect people who are going to back our agenda and fight for our values,” he added.
Pres. Trump on 2020 campaign slogan: “We can’t say ‘Make America Great Again’ because I already did that.” pic.twitter.com/KXYumDk2j4
— Josh Caplan (@joshdcaplan) March 11, 2018
More highlights from Saturday night:
- Trump warned voters “We need Republicans. We need the vote,” warning that Democrats would take away “your Second Amendment Rights” to bear firearms, among other things.
- There should be a national discussion about executing major drug dealers because each one is responsible for thousands of deaths. “I don’t know if that’s popular. I don’t know if that’s unpopular,” Trump told the crowd.
- Trump says his new economic are paying off, saying that his 25% tariffs on steel imports would boost Pennsylvania’s economy. “Your steel is coming back. It’s all coming back,” Trump said.
- Trump vowed to resist retaliatory trade measures by – as an example, slapping imported European cars with taxes.
- Oprah Winfrey better watch out if she runs for president in 2020. “I’d love to beat Oprah. I know her weakness,” said the President, who added that the upcoming presidential race “would be a painful experience for her.“
- Trump singled out his wife Melania amid an ongoing scandal involving an alleged affair with porn star Stormy Daniels – who CNN recently stalked at a live strip club performance, and says she’s “more in demand” due to the recent controversy. “You think her life is so easy folks? Not so easy,” Trump said of the First Lady.
* * *