– Why Does Anyone Believe the State Department … After Being Caught In Repeated Lies? (Washington’s Blog, July 26, 2014):
State Department Spokeswoman Is a Lying Liar
U.S. security and intelligence agencies have repeatedly been caught lying about matters of war and peace.
After being caught in one lie, the State Department doesn’t apologize … it just launches a new lie.
While they would have you believe that their old lies are irrelevant because they’re “ancient history”, this is still continuing to today.
In the last year, for example, State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf has been busted again and again for lying:
- She said last year that – because no one else could have carried out the attack, it must have been the Syrian government – that Syria’s Assad must have been responsible. She also claimed that the Syrian government was destroying evidence, so that the case could not be proven. But it has since been proven that the Syrianrebels or their allies were probably behind the chemical weapon attack. Pulitzer-prize winning investigative reporter Seymour Hersh (who uncovered the Iraq prison torture scandal and the Mai Lai massacre in Vietnam) says that high-level American sources tell him that the Turkish government carried out the chemical weapons attacks blamed on the Syrian government
- She tried to kill the peace deal with Syria, which allowed Syria to destroy all chemical weapons in return for the U.S. agreeing not to invade
- She claimed in June – without evidence – that Russia was sending tanks into Ukraine
- She blamed Russia for the shootdown of Malaysian airlines Flight 17 over Ukraine. Rather than offering any evidence, she told the press they should just trust the U.S. – and doubt Russia – on faith. But – later that same day – senior U.S. intelligence officials said there was no evidence that Russia was connected with the shootdown
Now, Harf is claiming – with no evidence whatsoever – that Russia is firing artillery from its own territory into Ukraine to hit Ukrainian military sites.
The mainstream American press is starting to finally wake up. At the press conference in which Harf announced this new allegation, Associated Press reporter Matthew Lee said:
Marie, I think that it would be best for all concerned here if when you make an allegation like that, you’re able to back it up with something more than just “because I said so”.
This is not a minor claim. The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff – Martin Dempsey – says the U.S. is dusting off cold war military plans based on these new allegations.