– China Responds To “Ridiculous” Hacking Charges, Warns “Will Harm Relations With US”, Demands US “Rectify Mistake” (ZeroHedge, May 19, 2014):
While we wait (in vain) for the US to lob sanctions at China for doing what Russia has done and amass a military presence on its border with Vietnam, here is what China had to say about the earlier announcement by the DOJ charging China with espionage and “penetrating” US companies (if having nothing to add regarding the NSA). From the wires:
- CHINA FOREIGN MINISTRY SAYS CHARGES HARM RELATIONS WITH U.S.
- CHINA FOREIGN MINISTRY SAYS CHINA HAS ALREADY PROTESTED TO U.S., URGES U.S. TO IMMEDIATELY RECTIFY MISTAKE
- CHINA FOREIGN MINISTRY ‘STRONGLY REFUTES’ U.S. CHARGES
- CHINA FOREIGN MINISTRY SAYS U.S. MADE UP FACTS IN SPYING CASE
- CHINA FOREIGN MINISTRY URGES U.S. TO `CORRECT ITS MISTAKES’
- CHINA SAYS U.S. VIOLATES BASIC PRINCIPLES OF INTL RELATIONSHIPS
- CHINA FOREIGN MINISTRY CALLS CHARGES `BASELESS,’ `RIDICULOUS’
- CHINA FOREIGN MINISTRY URGES U.S. TO `WITHDRAW CHARGES’
And the enigmatic:
- CHINA TO MAKE FURTHER RESPONSES ACCORDING TO DEVELOPMENTS
May 19, Foreign Ministry Spokesman Qin Gang’s Remarks on the US Justice Department announced the indictment of five Chinese military officer, expressed their conversation follows:
May 19, the United States fabricated Facts, the so-called Network Theft grounds stands in five Chinese officers to the Move Announced a serious violation of the Basic Norms of international relations, Damage Sino-U.S. Cooperation and Mutual Trust. China has protested to the United States for the first time, urged the US side to correct the error immediately revoke the so-called prosecution.
Chinese Government’s stance on the Network Security issue is consistent and Clear. China is a staunch defenders of Network Security, the Chinese Government and Military and associated Personnel never Engaged in Theft of Trade secrets or Participate in activities through the Network. Chinese Officials accused the United States on a purely fictitious, extremely absurd.
For a long time, the U.S. departments of foreign dignitaries, corporate, personal conduct large-scale, organized theft and network monitoring, control activities, this is obvious. China is the U.S. theft and monitor network, victims of serious monitoring. According to a lot of information publicly disclosed, the relevant U.S. agencies have been spying on the Chinese government departments, agencies, businesses, universities, individuals and network intrusion monitoring, surveillance. China thereon repeatedly made solemn representations to the U.S. side. Once again, we strongly urge the U.S. side to make a clear explanation, immediately stop such activities.
Given the United States for cooperation to solve network security problems through dialogue lack of sincerity, China has decided to suspend the activities of Sino-US Network Working Group. China will develop according to the situation, the prosecution called on the U.S. to further reaction.
Because if there was anything China needed in the week in which it is finalizing its “holy grail” gas deal with Russia, is more anatagonism from the Obama administration.
And now watch as Cisco guides to a far lower sales number for Q2 on what John Chmabers can only describe as a sudden “air pocket” in Chinese demand for its routers.