– Putin Questions US Motivation Over Sanctions; Reconsiders Western Company Energy Deals (ZeroHedge, April 29, 2014):
Having been quiet all day, Vladimir Putin chose just before 330 on a Tuesday to respond to US and EU sanctions:
- *PUTIN: U.S., EU SEEKING TO BLAME RUSSIA FOR UKRAINE CRISIS
- *PUTIN SAYS HE CAN’T UNDERSTAND MOTIVATION FOR SANCTIONS
- *PUTIN SAYS NO CAUSE-EFFECT BEHIND SANCTIONS
And while he said he sees no need for counter-sanctions currently, he did warn that Russia may reconsider participation of Western companies in egenergy projects if sanctions continue.
Earlier in the day, Lavrov explained…
U.S. and European Union sanctions against Russia for its role in the Ukraine crisis defy ” all common sense,” visiting Russian Foreign Minister Serguei Lavrov said here Tuesday.
Russia has accused the United States and NATO of what it called “provocative” statements as the crisis in Ukraine unfolds alongside a NATO military build-up in eastern Europe.
But Putin goes on to note,
- *PUTIN: FURTHER MAY RISK WESTERN COS’ ENERGY PROJECTS
- *PUTIN: RUSSIA HAS NO MILITARY OR SPECIAL FORCES IN UKRAINE