- Over a dozen people have been injured after a 17-year-old Afghan man armed with an axe and a knife attacked people on board a train traveling between Wurzburg-Heidingsfeld and Ochsenfurt,
German police confirmed that between 10 and 15 people were injured in the attack. Meanwhile local media reports suggested that up to 21 people could have been hurt.
- The Afghan assailant is said to have shouted “Allahu Akbar” during the attack. He was “shot” by officers as he tried to flee the scene.
- At least three of the victims suffered “serious” injuries, police spokesman told local news outlet Blaulicht Würzburg.
- Another person suffered light injuries, while all 14 passengers who had been in the same car of the regional train were in a state of “shock” following the onslaught.
Just a week ago, French General Directorate for Internal Security Patrick Calvar told members of the French parliamentary commission that thanks to the increasing frequency of sexual assaults by islamic migrants, “Extremism is growing everywhere… We are on the brink of civil war.” Now, in the wake of the Nice terror attacks that left 84 people dead with over 300 others wounded, Calvar is doubling down warning an increasingly questioned Hollande that an inevitable confrontation between the far right and Muslims looms, posing more of a threat than terrorism.
As SputnikNews reports, French President Francois Hollande faces stern criticism for his feckless response to the growing wave of Islamic migrants and the horrors of terrorism that have followed in their wake leading not only to a resurgence of the far-right nationalism within the country, but also leading members of his own cabinet to question whether he is overseeing the descent of France into a bloody civil war.
Dear chancellor Angela Merkel,
In light of events in Nice and Turkey, and given your migration policy is the #1 Reason the UK voted to Leave, inquiring minds have a few questions for you:
- When do 80 Million Turks have visa-free travel to the rest of Europe?
- When do you admit your open arms welcome of refugees was pure idiocy?
- When will you admit that thanks to German auto exports to the UK, that the UK actually has the upper hand in Brexit negotiations?
- When will you speak out on Erdogan’s takeover of the press, his military and judicial purge, and his silencing of all critics?
- What are you going to do about your misguided Pact With the Devil that left European leaders recoiling?
- Do you agree with Martin Schulz’s Tweet (below) on a return to a rule of law, separation of powers, and respect of fundamental rights in Turkey?
— EP President (@EP_President) July 16, 2016
German thought-police raided anti-migrant Facebook posters’ homes to punish them for sharing “illegal far-right opinions.”
From The Local:
Authorities have conducted the first ever nationwide raids on people suspected of spreading hate speech on the internet.
In the early hours of Wednesday morning, officers in all but two of the 16 German states moved in on properties connected to suspects in hate speech investigations.
- Italy’s celebrity hideaway Lake Como now home to hundreds of migrants
- Happened after border crossing into Switzerland closed by Swiss officials
- Lake Como has long served as a tranquil paradise for the rich and famous
- But the town’s railway station has been transformed into a makeshift camp
Italy’s celebrity hideaway Lake Como has become home to hundreds of migrants after the nearby crossing into Switzerland was blocked by Swiss officials.
Read more‘We won’t stop until we reach England’: Inside the migrant camp on George Clooney’s doorstep where hundreds of refugees sleep rough in the Italian idyll Lake Como after Switzerland shut its border
In a shockingly non-politically-correct outburst, Patrick Calvar, chief of the Directorate General of Internal Security, told members of the French parliamentary commission that thanks to the increasing frequency of sexual assaults by islamic migrants, “Extremism is growing everywhere… We are on the brink of civil war.”
As The Express reports, Calver said he feared an inevitable confrontation between the far right and Muslims poses more of a threat than terrorism.
He said that the situation in France is on such a knife edge that it could just take one more major Islamist terror attack to lead to a huge right-wing backlash.
Speaking to the leading French newspaper, Le Figaro, Mr Calvar said: “This confrontation I think it will take place.
The head of French police recently warned that the country is on the verge of a “civil war” that could be triggered by another mass sexual assault of women by migrants like the one that occurred in Cologne on New Year’s Eve.
Patrick Calvar, who is the head of the Directorate General of Internal Security (DGSI), told members of a French parliamentary commission, ” “We are on the brink of civil war.”
The mother of the five-year-old girl who endured a vicious sex assault at the hands of Iraqi and Sudanese refugees in June said she feels her family is being treated like “criminals” by local authorities and the media.
One June 2, she was outside with her daughter when she left for two or three minutes to take a quick bathroom break — and that’s all the time it took for the three perpetrators to grab the little girl, before dragging her into a nearby laundry room, stripping her naked, urinating on her clothes and in her mouth, and filming the attack until stopped by an elderly resident.
But no one will allow her to read the police report or her own daughter’s medical records, she said.