– Cyprus Finance Minister Resigns (ZeroHedge, April 2, 2013):
As per rumors first reported in the overnight summary article, the Cypriot finance minister has joined the other rats dumping the sinking island:
- CYPRUS FINANCE MINISTER SARRIS SAYS HE RESIGNS
- SARRIS SAYS RESIGNS DUE TO ONGOING INVESTIGATION IN CYPRUS
- SARRIS SAYS CYPRUS PRESIDENT ACCEPTED RESIGNATION
Investigation? Did he also funnel cash into London ahead of Confiscation Day? But fear not, all shall be well, the now ex-finmin promises:
- SARRIS SAYS CAPITAL CONTROLS WILL BE EASED GRADUALLY
Surely, if this great news doesn’t send the S&P to new all time highs, nothing will.
From Sigma Live:
His resignation, submitted by the Minister of Finance Michalis Sarris and agreed the President, confirmed by the Government Spokesman Christos Stylianides.
“I took over the Ministry of Finance to help the Cyprus agreement with the Troika on the memorandum, which was achieved,” said Mr. Sarris in his statements.