– Former Assistant Secretary of the US Treasury Dr. Paul Craig Roberts: Revolution is the Only Answer (For Greece, Ireland etc.)
– Irish Bombshell: Government Raids PRIVATE Pensions To Pay For Spending!
– True Finns Party Chairman: Greece, Ireland and Portugal Ruined; Gangrene Spreads; Enron Looks Simple; Spain Next Zombie
– And Now: ECB Allows Irish Central Bank to Counterfeit 51 Billion Euros
– Rothschild Bank AND Goldman Sachs Are Both On The LIST Of Bondholders Getting US Taxpayer Billions In Irish Bailout
May 29 (Reuters) – Ireland may have to ask for another loan from the European Union and International Monetary Fund because it will struggle to return to debt markets to raise funds next year, a government minister said on Sunday.
In comments to The Sunday Times newspaper, Transport Minister Leo Varadkar became the first cabinet member to cast doubt in public on Ireland’s ability to raise cash on the bond market because of punishing yields demanded by investors.
“I think it’s very unlikely we’ll be able to go back next year. I think it might take a bit longer … 2013 might be possible but who knows?” Varadkar was quoted as saying.
“It would mean a second program (of loans from the EU/IMF),” he said. “Either an extension of the existing program or a second program. I think that would generally be most people’s view.”
Deputy Prime Minister Eamon Gilmore told broadcaster RTE that fears of a domino effect from Greece’s problems were overblown. The possibility of a Greek default has sent bond yields rocketing for indebted Ireland, Portugal and Spain.
“It’s not a situation that if Greece defaults then there are immediately implications for Ireland,” Gilmore said.
“If Greece defaults there are implications for the wider euro zone and obviously we are part of that.”
“It is wrong to put Ireland in the same basket as Greece.” (Sure!)
Read moreRuined: Ireland May Need More EU/IMF Cash: Minister