- Snow has blocked all roads and the train leading to resort of Zermatt, a popular ski station in the Swiss Alps
- There are currently ‘around 13,000’ guests at the resort, head of the train station Janine Imesch has explained
- Reconnaissance flight has been planned over area to determine how to deal with the extraordinary situation
- Tourists have been making the most of the situation indulging in a spot of après-ski to pass the time
- Helicopters have finally begun the process of evacuating the stranded skiers while trains begin to move again
H/t reader kevin a.
* * *