– Islamic State operative confesses to receiving funding through US – report (RT, Jan 28, 2015):
A man believed to be a Pakistani commander of Islamic State or Daish, Yousaf al Salafi, has confessed to law enforcement agencies in Pakistan to getting funds via the United States, according to a leading Pakistani newspaper siting its sources.
Al Salafi and two companions were arrested in Lahore, Pakistan on January 22, according to AFP.
“During investigations, Yousaf al Salafi revealed that he was getting funding – routed through America – to run the organization in Pakistan and recruit young people to fight in Syria,” a source close to the investigations revealed toUrdu-language Daily Express on condition of anonymity, according to its sister English newspaper The Express Tribune. The newspaper also claimed that Al Salafi was in fact arrested last year sometime in December.
Al Salafi also allegedly confessed to recruiting jihadists to send them to Syria and was receiving about $600 per person. He also admitted that he had been working with a Pakistani accomplice, who was reportedly the Imam of a mosque.
“The US has been condemning the IS activities but unfortunately has not been able to stop funding of these organizations, which is being routed through the US. The US had to dispel the impression that it is financing the group for its own interests and that is why it launched offensive against the organization in Iraq but not in Syria,” a source said.
However, it was not made clear where exactly the funds came from within the US.
“Yes that is true as this issue was raised several times in the local media and even in the diplomatic corridors between US and Pakistan and there was media reporters here suggesting that hundreds of recruits have been exported to strain from Pakistan,” a security source in Pakistan told Sputnik news agency.
The sources who spoke to the Express Tribune also revealed that the awkward revelations had been revealed to US Secretary of State John Kerry on his recent trip to Islamabad.
“The matter was also taken up with CENTCOM [US Central Command] chief, General Lloyd Austin, during his visit to Islamabad earlier this month,” a source said.
A source told Reuters last week that Al-Salafi is a Pakistani-Syrian who came to Pakistan via Turkey five months ago and that he had established an ISIS group in Pakistan.
In recent months, Pakistani media has been discussing the amount of influence Islamic State has in Pakistan, and have cited several incidents in the cities of Lahore and Multan where Islamic State flags and graffiti have been seen. However Pakistani authorities have indicated that local militants would oppose Islamic State, according to IHS Jane’s defense review.
In response to large-scale advances made by ISIS militants in June 2014 in both Iraq and Syria, the US and other coalition countries began a large-scale air campaign over the region. The US and the UK have sent non-operation soldiers to Iraq, as well as special forces.
According to Pentagon documents seen by the Associated Press on Tuesday, President Obama will ask for a $38 billion increase for the core budget of the Defense Department. Of this $5.3 billion will go towards training and equipping the Iraqi armed forces and the moderate opposition in Syria in the ongoing fight against Islamic State.
McCain and his buddy, ISIS leader Al-Baghdadi:
A welcome distraction: the Islamist dude with the $6.500 James Bond watch.
– Pentagon Dispatches First Batch Of US Forces To Train Syrian ‘Rebels’ (Al-Nusra = Al-Qaeda & ISIS)
– Pentagon To Deploy 400-Plus Troops To Train And Equip Syrian Opposition (= ISIS, Al-Nusra & Al-Qaeda Terrorists)
– Syria: 3000 ‘Moderate Rebels’ Defect To ISIS … US Plans To Train 5,000 More …
– They Have Butchered Children (Veterans Today)
– Israel Acts As ISIS’ Air Force … Repeatedly Bombs Syria
– Senior Aide To President Putin: Mossad Training ISIL Terrorists
– ISIS, Al-Qaeda Join The M&A Bubble, Agree To Fight ‘Common Foes’ Together In Syria
– George Galloway On ISIS (Video )
– Israel And Turkey Are Directly Supporting ISIS And Al-Qaeda Terrorists In Syria
– The Khorasans: As Fake As the Kardashians
– What Iraq Thinks: “It Is Obvious To Everyone That ISIS Is A Creation Of The United States And Israel”
– The Fake Beheadings of the Arch-Zionist Crime Syndicate
– ISIS EXPOSED 100% AS CIA OPERATION: ‘The Next Osama Bin Laden is Here’ (Video)
– ISIL Leader Al-Baghdadi Is Mossad Agent Simon Elliot
The U.S. has armed and trained ISIS:
– Veterans Today: CIA And US Military Fight Under Al Qaeda Command In Syria (Video)
– U.S. Special Forces Train Syrian Rebels In Jordan (Le Figaro)
– Americans Are Training Syria Rebels In Jordan: Spiegel (Reuters)
– CIA-Armed And Trained Syrian Rebels ‘On Way To Battlefield’
– ‘Military Intervention In Syria’, US Training ‘Rebels’ Since 2011 And The Complete Grand Plan – The March 2012 Leak
Flashback:… all of them coming directly from from our Al-CIAda unit …
– Why Was A Sunday Times Report On US Government Ties To Al-Qaeda Chief Spiked? & Gladio B
– Hillary Clinton: ‘We Created Al-Qaeda’ — The Protagonists Of The ‘Global War on Terrorism’ Are The Terrorists (Video)
– ‘GLADIO, THE LIVING PROOF THERE IS NO AL-QAEDA, NO WAR ON TERROR’ – ‘GLADIO Is AL-QAEDA’ (Veterans Today)
Just one month after this article has been published in the Guardian Robin Cook DIED:
– Former British Foreign Secretary Robin Cook: ‘Al-Qaida, Literally “The Database”, Was Originally The Computer File Of The Thousands Of Mujahideen Who Were Recruited And Trained With Help From The CIA To Defeat The Russians’
– Al Qaeda Doesn’t Exist or How The US Created Al Qaeda (Documentary)
– BBC: Al-Qaeda Does Not Exist (Documentary)
Retired U.S. General Wesley Clark …
… at the Commonwealth Club of California:
– U.S. 4 Star General Wesley Clark, Oct 3, 2007: ‘We’re Gonna Attack And Destroy The Governments In 7 Countries In 5 Years’ … ‘Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan And Iran’ (Video)
… or here in this interview with Democracy Now:
– Interview With US General Wesley Clark (Ret.): US Government Planned To ‘Take Out 7 Countries In 5 Years’: ‘Starting With Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan And Finishing Off Iran’ (Video)