– Lancet Medical Journal Denounces Israel’s Aggression, Targeting of Children, and Attempts to Kill Gaza – Seven Quotes (Washington’s Blog, July 30, 2014):
Doctors and scientists, on behalf of 24 signatories, in the peer-reviewed medical journal The Lancet, write:
“An Open Letter for the People of Gaza”
Seven crucial quotes:
- Gaza is being killed by one of the world’s largest and most sophisticated modern military machines.
- This is a “military onslaught on civilians in Gaza”
- These attacks aim to terrorize
- We witnessed targeted weaponry used indiscriminately and on children
- We denounce the myth propagated by Israel that the aggression is done caring about saving civilian lives and children’s well-being.
- Israel’s behaviour has insulted our humanity, intelligence, and dignity as well as our professional ethics and efforts.
- [S]hould the use of gas be further confirmed, this is unequivocally a war crime for which, before anything else, high sanctions will have to be taken immediately on Israel with cessation of any trade and collaborative agreements with Europe.
The Lancet is a weekly peer-reviewed general medical journal. It is one of the world’s oldest and best known general medical journals, and has been described as one of the most prestigious medical journals in the world. – Wikipedia