– Radiation spikes at WIPP nuclear facility — Hits highest levels since initial hours of radioactive release in February — Document link removed from official website — Gov’t analyzing samples for “potential impact on human health” (ENENews, June 27, 2014):
Station A and B Filter Readings for Public Release 6-16-14, New Mexico Environment Department Air Filter Station Sampling Data (pdf):
(Note: Measurements are taken after air passes through the filtration system. Also, the June data is shown in 4-hour intervals, while most in February are around 8 hours.)
*See the archived version of the NMED’s document list here and the current version here
NMED Presentation to the Legislative Radioactive and Hazardous Materials Committee on June 10, 2014 (posted 6/26) (pdf):
Environmental Monitoring at WIPP and Vicinity […] What Will the Data Tell Us?
- Extent of contamination in the environment
- Impact of the event on the environment
- Potential impact on human health
- Provide correct information to policy makers
See all documents released publicly by the NMED related to the radiation incident here
– WIPP Expert: “Very likely” multiple nuclear waste drums exploded, risk of more occurring; It was clearly something major… signs of fire at container holding over 500 billion Bq of Plutonium and Americium — Nuclear Engineer: “This is a huge dirty bomb”
– Officials: Leakage seen on “many” nuclear waste drums in WIPP underground — We think the seals have degraded — Public “should be concerned” about another explosion — 1,000s of radioactive drums now seen as too risky to move (VIDEO)
– Concern for ‘FULL PLUTONIUM FLASH’ at WIPP nuclear site that affects other drums and triggers spreading disaster – Plutonium-239 is a main radioactive material in drum that exploded – Anonymous Employee: The warnings were ignored … ‘They put us in danger’
– Top Science Journal: “Time bombs” at WIPP nuclear site? “High alert over risk of new explosions” in hundreds of plutonium-contaminated drums – AP: 4 years may be needed just to seal off area where drums stored – Experts go down to check if ground ‘still stable’
– Experts: Government May Never Stabilize Hundreds Of Explosive Drums Of Radioactive Waste Stored At WIPP
– Officials Now Admit Over 500 Barrels Of Nuclear Waste At Risk Of Bursting Open – AP: 368 Already At WIPP Dump – Underground Storage Areas Must Be ‘Permanently Sealed’
– Gov’t: ‘Cracked’ nuclear container filmed at WIPP — Expert: It “blew top off” — Reuters: “Released high levels of radiation” — 100s more drums risk similar ‘energetic reaction’ — Insider: Get forklift and remove them before another accident — Official: No ‘imminent’ public threat ‘at this time’ (VIDEO)
– WIPP: ‘UNFILTERED’ PLUTONIUM Released Into Environment For 20 Days!
– WIPP Workers ‘Not Permitted To Speak’ To The Press – Preparing For Radiation Levels So High, Only Robots Can Be Used
– Senator: ‘Radioactive Releases From WIPP Have Been At Levels That Are A Public Health Danger’ – EPA: ‘This Is A Big Deal’
– Expert: No One In The World Has Ever Dealt With Something Like WIPP Disaster – Continuous Release Of Radioactive Material ’24/7? To Environment – Nobody Knows When Leaking Will End
– US Nuclear Waste Dirty-Bombs New Mexico With Plutonium – Radiation From Half-Mile Underground Reaches Atmosphere
– 5 Types Of Plutonium Released From WIPP; Officials Not Informing Public – Dr. Caldicott: Inhaling A Millionth Of A Gram Of Plutonium Will Induce Lung Cancer
– WIPP Officials Admit New Release Of Plutonium And Americium – Nearly Double February Leak
– Official: Radioactive Material Escaping Everyday From WIPP And Dispersing – Expert: Leaks From ‘UNFILTERED’ Ducts Went On FOR WEEKS
3 thoughts on “Radiation Levels Spikes At WIPP, Hit Highest Levels Since Initial Hours Of Radioactive Release”
The worst problem with nuclear waste in the fact the longer it is around, the strongest it gets. One need only look at the damage of the Pacific Ocean since its onset to tell us this truth. Unlike conventional lighting or heat, it gets hotter and stronger as time passes.
It is indeed far more powerful than anything man has ever developed, and he cannot turn it off. It is going to destroy all things of value, beauty or hope. It is indeed the most lethal of all man made things.
Yet, so now Iran will build more of them, so will many other nations (all along the ocean in order to cause the worst damage possible.
Are we in face a totally self-destructive being? Nothing else seems to fit. When I think of some of the bright people who developed it, I cannot ask but why.
Are we totally senseless? Without morals or self preservation? What other species does such stupid things, literally destroying our own food and water supply.
The older I get, the less I know.
They are “just watching” to see how bad it gets. How much more watching do they need to do in order to realize it is fatal?
The mindless has truly inherited the earth, and the mindless scholars seem worse than the others. Give me common sense, like Squodgy, any day…….he makes sense.
Here is the link to which I was referring….