– Japan Scientist: We gave butterflies food from Fukushima… then, they died; Deformities get worse with each generation — TV: “Truly horrifying… it doesn’t really even look like a butterfly anymore” (ENENews, May 29, 2014):
Vice on HBO, Season 2 Episode 10, May 24, 2014 (at 5:30 in):
- Dr. Joji Otaki, lead researcher, University of Ryukyus: We collected houseplant leaves from Fukushima, and those leaves are given to [butterfly] larvae collected from Okinawa… Those larvae aresupposed to be healthy. But they ate contaminated food from Fukushima. Then we see what happens.
- Vikram Ghandi, Vice: What happened?
- Otaki: They died.
- Ghandi: Dr. Otaki’s experiments have shown the truly horrifying effects contaminated food can have on living organisms.
- Otaki: You can see wrinkled wings.
- Ghandi: It doesn’t really even look like a butterfly anymore.
- Otaki: We found that mortality rate and abnormality rate of the 2nd generation is much higher — even worse in the 3rd generation.
- Ghandi: The evidence contaminated food has increasingly worse effects over the course of generations is especially scary since one of Fukushima’s primary industries is agriculture.
- Kazuya Tarukawa, farmer in Sukagawa 50 miles from Fukushima Daiichi: We had been growing produce that measured 3,000 [Bq/kg] without even knowing it. Selling such produce to the markets made me feel severely guilty.
- Ghandi: His father was consumed with guilt.
- Tarukawa: He hung himself from the tree.
2 thoughts on “Japan Scientist: We gave butterflies food from Fukushima… then, they died; Deformities get worse with each generation — TV: “Truly horrifying… it doesn’t really even look like a butterfly anymore””
They ought to come over here to San Francisco Bay. Prehistoric appearing creatures are surfacing from the deep, ugly fish with teeth, 50 foot squid that fall apart as they surface before falling back into the water to rot…..
The Pacific Ocean is dying, and will soon be totally dead. My estimate we had until the end of 2015 was way too optimistic………it is down to weeks I fear, not months.
The situation is very dire, and our leaders are so stupid and corrupt, they are paying no attention…this is going to get bad very soon.
We are looking at weeks, not years.
Cannibals elect cannibal kings, we have idiots in power.
But, this mess is hitting the west coast any time……..some of the creatures coming out of the deep, struggling to find oxygen and food look like monsters, making the Hollywood monster creators look foolish, too. They are really ugly and horrific in appearance…
Vulture creatures that nature provides normally eats dead bodies on the shore and roads. But, they won’t touch these radioactive poisoned creatures, they must be able to smell or see the difference……they won’t touch them.
If it is this awful in Japan, and it is already horrible here…….we are looking at weeks, not months, and we need to prepare.
Our governments need to provide us with pills, so we can go home and die peacefully. But, it won’t, so we have to find ways to suicide, frying from the inside out is a dreadful way to die, a gunshot is preferable…..but it is very hard to shoot oneself……..
We need to find ways, and find them soon. Our worthless government won’t help.
We are nearly out of time.
It is no longer months, it is weeks.
We need to find comfortable ways to die, our government is too incompetent to provide pills for our easy demise as shown in the 1959 movie “On the Beach”.
This is really going to be awful for those of us on the west coast very soon……..and the rest of the world soon enough.
The Pacific will be dead in a matter of weeks……….this is a very serious situation, and nothing is being done to ease our dreadful future………….no pills from the government, no simple way to suicide…..but we need to find a way to do it.