– WIPP Expert: Nuclear waste is getting out above ground — Plutonium / Americium found in “every single worker” on site when leak began — New Mexico officials ‘totally unsatisfied’ with lack of info from Feds — “We don’t know how far away it’s gone” — Continuing threat for long time to come (AUDIO) (ENENews, March 5, 2014):
Interview with WIPP expert Don Hancock of Southwest Research and Information Center, Nuclear Hotseat with Libbe HaLevy, Feb. 25, 2014 (at 22:30 in):
- Don Hancock, Southwest Research and Information Center: We don’t know how far away [contamination has] gone. That’s one of the questions that needs to be figured out.
- Libbe HaLevy, host: What, if any, signs are there that the leak is ongoing?
- Hancock: They still have amounts of radiation that they’re reading in the underground at WIPP. The DoE is saying that the filter system is 99.97% effective. We don’t know that that’s true because we don’t have laboratory results back, how much radioactivity those filters are actually catching. We are a long way from having all the sampling we need in the above ground to know how much is out. We can presume that minute amounts can still be coming out through the filter system even if the filter system is working perfectly. The filter system doesn’t work 100% perfect — 99.97%, if it is working that well is good, but that means there’s 0.03% that is getting out. So it will be a continuing problem until all of the contamination, both underground and above ground is cleaned up. […] It’s a continuing potential threat to people for a long time to come.
Interview with WIPP expert Don Hancock of Southwest Research and Information Center, Nuclear Hotseat with Libbe HaLevy, Mar. 4, 2014:
- Hancock (at 3:00 in): Apparently every single worker on the site when the alarm was triggered late night on Valentine’s Day Feb. 14 received internal dose […] at least 13 [have] confirmed internal radiation. So that bodes the possibility of some serious health consequences.
- Hancock (at 11:00 in): The government has not been accurate in what it has said [….] The information flow has been bad. I know of nobody that thinks the information flow has been good. I was just on the phone in the last half hour with the New Mexico secretary of the environment department, the state official who is most responsible for the State’s activities at the WIPP site, and he was saying he is still totally unsatisfied with the lack of information the DoE is giving him and his regulatory agency — not to mention the further lack of information that the public is getting.
1 thought on “WIPP Nuke Accident: Every Single Worker Contaminated With Plutonium & Americium”
As someone who has followed this story (as has this website) since day one, the claims they don’t know how far it has gone is pure spin. It is here in North America, there are scans taken from satellites showing the radiation particles are all over the globe………..They found plutonium in our milk in Berkeley, CA three weeks after the disaster. It is everywhere, in our soil, water, ocean, air and crops.
This is not a problem our children will have to contend with 20-30 years from now, it is one we will have to face within another year or so. It is here, it is happening, and the results are dramatic. US media blocks out all info…..but, it is still happening.
30 months after the disaster ……a man took a sea voyage from Fukushima to San Francisco, a voyage he has taken many times before. The distance between the two points are approximately 5200 miles as the crow flies. The Pacific Ocean was dead for the first 3000 miles, he saw one dolphin with a boil on it’s forehead……..and that was it. No sea creatures playing as they normally do…..I have taken ocean voyages, and I know what a healthy ocean is like on the high seas…..nothing was happening. I did some numbers, and based on the progress from the disaster to the date, I was able to calculate the entire ocean will be dead by the end of 2015. That is assuming no major storms come up to speed the process.
I lived in a coastal rain forest for 12 years, and in that wonderful time, I learned how alive, big and vital this planet is………98% of all species that have ever lived on this planet are now extinct. The planet will wash away anything that hurts it, it is far bigger and stronger than man.
We are facing our own extinction, and the denial around this issue is understandable, but stupid. The greedy guts continue their rape of the planet’s resources as if there is no climate change or radiation disaster….it is all about the profits. It is pure insanity. People in the US hear nothing about Fukushima, and push it to the back of their minds.
There is no preparation for anything, and that is the worst, yet.
There is a movie made in 1959 called “On the Beach” about a world destroyed by radioactive warfare. I urge everyone to watch it. But, in the movie, the government had prepared suicide pills for the people, so they would not have to suffer. In our case, there is nothing. We have idiots in power. It has a great cast, and Bing Crosby plays a nuclear scientist. He was asked what started the problem, and he said “Albert Einstein” and the foolish idea man could avoid war by building deadly weapons he could not safely use. Profound truths.
One of the single factors I have seen in the decline and destruction of all great empires has been one thing…..group conscience by fools. The pharaohs of Egypt were swallowed by Rome regardless of their wealth and advanced technology because they were surrounded by fool advisors. The same happened in every other great civilization. Look at our leaders.
Clown Kerry says he wants to put sanctions on Russia for their fictional war……….Russia stopped using the dollar in 2010. How stupid can you get? He even looks like an ass.
There is also a nuclear problem in San Diego, New Mexico and Washington state. Those of us in CA are being hit from all sides, and we will all die as a result. There is no technology to stop or fix any of this…..only man would be so stupid as to build technology he cannot control. Our water and forests are being destroyed, and the planet won’t take much more of it…..it will wash us away as surely as we would ants off a sink.
We are doomed. The game is about over. The greedy guts in power are so consumed by greed, they don’t see the storm gathering on the horizon. The virtual reality created for most Americans does not allow the reality of Fukushima to enter the consciousness………regardless it is pumping out poisons at record levels every hour.