– Facebook Censors Prominent Political Critics (ZeroHedge, Dec 27, 2012):
We’ve previously documented that the largest social media websites censor government criticism.
For example, Facebook pays low-wage foreign workers to delete certain content based upon a censorship list. For example, Facebook deletes accounts created by any Palestinian resistance groups.
Today, Facebook deactivated the Facebook accounts of some of the leading American political critics.
For example, former diplomat and U.C. Berkeley Professor Emeritus Peter Dale Scott told us that his Facebook account was suddenly deactivated today without any justification.
So did Richard Gage, founder of Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth.
And Michael Rivero, owner of the popular website What Really Happened.
- Kurt Nimmo, writer for Infowars.com and formerly Counterpunch
- Aaron Dykes of Infowars
- Jason from Infowars
- Infowar Artist
Indeed, Facebook told an Infowars reporter last year not to post anything political:
Be careful making about making political statements on facebook … facebook is about building relationships not a platform for your political viewpoint. Don’t antagonize your base. Be careful and congnizat (sic) of what you are preaching.
Reports are that the Facebook accounts of a number of other political critics were suspended or deactivated today as well, including:
- Amber Lyon, 3-time Emmy Award winning CNN reporter
- Robert M. Bowman, former director of the “Star Wars” defense program under President Ronald Reagan
- William Rodriguez, 9/11 hero
- Anthony J. Hilder, popular radio host
- William Lewis
- Weare Change, popular citizen journalism group
- Michael Murphy
- Mike Skuthan
- Packy Savvenas
- Sean Wright and Katherine Albrect
We’ll update this post as we receive additional information.