– Ministry of Foreign Affairs Has Started Propaganda Campaign to Invite Foreign Social Medial Writers to Japan (EX-SKF, March 30, 2012):
(Applicants can download an application in Excel file at the Embassy’s site. Go to the end of the post for more.)
Remember that harebrained project that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said it would do after grabbing some extra money in the supplementary budget last year? Well it has just started.
“An Invitation Program to Japan for SOCIAL MEDIA WRITERS: Hello social media writers!–the Government of Japan invites you to participate in an opportunity to travel to Japan and share your experience through social media.”
Here’s the screen capture of the Facebook page of the Japanese Embassy in Canada:
The post (23 hours ago) says the following (emphasis is mine):
An Invitation Program to Japan for SOCIAL MEDIA WRITERS: Hello social media writers!–the Government of Japan invites you to participate in an opportunity to travel to Japan and share your experience through social media.
– objective: to share your impressions, positive experiences, and attraction to Japan through social media i.e blogs, Facebook, &Twitter. Witness a vibrant Japan as it recovers from the disasters of the Great East Japan Earthquake.
– visit places that would help you understand Japan’s politics, economics, society, and culture + meet with persons in your area of interest
– area of interest: pop culture, fashion, design, science & technology, Japanese food culture, sports, academia, art, etc.
– You should have more than 1000 followers per social media profile. After returning to Canada, participants will be required to write at least three articles about their visit.