Interesting news, but global warming is a scam, no matter how those warmists try to sell it.
Meteorologists and activists divided on causes of drought with some pointing to climate change as a factor
A child plays with a paddle on the dried bed of the Rio Negro in northern Brazil. Photograph: Euzivaldo Queiroz/AFP/Getty Images
One of the most important tributaries of the Amazon river has fallen to its lowest level in over a century, following a fierce drought that has isolated tens of thousands of rainforest inhabitants and raised concerns about the possible impact of climate change on the region.
The drought currently affecting swaths of north and west Amazonia has been described as the one of the worst in the last 40 years, with the Rio Negro or Black river, which flows into the world-famous Rio Amazonas, reportedly hitting its lowest levels since records began in 1902 on Sunday.
In 24 hours the level of the Rio Negro near Manaus in Brazil dropped 6cm to 13.63 metres, a historic low.
The Solimoes and Amazonas rivers have also seen their waters plunge since early August, stranding village dwellers who rely on the Amazon’s waterways for transport and food and marooning wooden boats on brown sand banks.
According to local authorities nearly half of Amazonas state’s 62 municipalities have declared states of emergency, among them Manaquiri, one of the worst hit areas during the last major drought in the region in 2005. That year thousands of families were forced to abandon their homes and schools closed for lack of students.
Authorities say around 62,000 families have been affected by this year’s receding rivers and on Friday the federal government announced $13.5m (£8.5m) in aid for the region.
The problem has been particularly intense up river from state capital Manaus towards the border with Peru and Colombia. But the area around the city has also been badly hit. In Iranduba, 15 miles from Manaus, authorities are reportedly planning to hack a small road through the rainforest in order to reconnect their community with the outside world.
“In my whole life I have never seen a drought like this one,” 50-year-old river-dweller Manoel Alves Pereira told the local A Critica newspaper.
Colonel Leite, from Manaus’ Regional Air Force Command, said two Hercules cargo planes had ferried around 830 tons of food aid to isolated regions near the Amazon towns of Tefe and Tabatinga.
“Medium and large boats have not been able to reach various places across the Amazon,” he said. “Our planes take the supplies to the airport and from there the transport has to be done in small boats or on foot – these are the only ways of reaching some communities.”
Meteorologists and activists are divided on the drought’s causes – some point to hurricanes in the Atlantic which may have sapped humidity from the Amazon while others blame forest fires for stifling rainfall or speculate that early effects of global warming may already be reshaping the region’s climate patterns.
Rafael Cruz, a Greenpeace activist in Manaus who has been monitoring the drought, said that while the rise and fall of the Amazon’s rivers was a normal process, recent years had seen both extreme droughts and flooding become worryingly frequent.
Although it was too early to directly link the droughts to global warming, Cruz said such events were an alert about what could happen if action was not taken.
“The photographs we are seeing of boats stranded in dry riverbeds are photographs that show the face of climate change, that show the impact climate change could have on the 20 million people who live in the Amazon region.”
“If this situation continues the state of Amazonas will live in a permanent state of emergency. The changes in people’s lives would be horrific.”
Tom Phillips in Rio de Janeiro
Tuesday 26 October 2010 04.25 BST
Source: The Guardian
Global warming is a scam. Even IF there would be global warming, then CO2 would have nothing to do with it, because CO2 lags 800 years behind rising temperatures! That is a a scientific fact and if you watch ‘An Inconvenient Truth’, then you will see exactly that in Al Gore’s graph. (You know, that fake hockey stick graph.)
Global warming is a scam:
– Warmists Plot Secretly to Kill off The Medieval Warming Period Again
– Professor Harold Lewis: ‘Global Warming Is The Greatest And Most Successful Pseudoscientific Fraud I Have Seen In My Long Life’
– Kiwigate: Global Warming Scam Revealed in Court
– Dr Rajendra Pachauri’s charity accounts ‘ANOMALIES’
– Global Cooling and the New World Order:
“The 58th Bilderberg Meeting will be held in Sitges, Spain 3 – 6 June 2010. The Conference will deal mainly with Financial Reform, Security, Cyber Technology, Energy, Pakistan, Afghanistan, World Food Problem, Global Cooling, Social Networking, Medical Science, EU-US relations.”
Yep, that’s right. Global Cooling.
– ‘Climate change sceptics have smaller members, uglier wives, dumber kids’ says new study made up by warmists
– Leading Scientist Warns of Ice Age: ‘Most of Europe Will Be Under Ice’
– Met Office blocked role of leading scientist in ‘hockey stick’ climate change row
– Godfrey Bloom Exposes the Global Warming Scam (European Parliament, Strasbourg, 20.01.2010)
– Lord Christopher Monckton reports on Pachauri’s eye opening Copenhagen presentation
– Top Scientist: Rise of Sea Levels is ‘The Greatest Lie Ever Told’
– Prof. Ian Clark: ‘Rises in C02 lag 800 years behind temperature rises!’ – You will pay taxes for nothing!
– Climate crunch: David Bellamy on global warming fraud
– Study: CO2 levels remained constant since 1850! (University of Bristol)
– What happened to global warming? The warmest year recorded globally was 1998 (BBC News)
– Global Warming Expert Prof. Latif: Earth has not warmed for nearly a decade and that we are likely entering “one or even two decades during which temperatures cool.” (The Calgary Herald)
– Solar Physicist Predicts Ice Age: “SOLAR CYCLE 24 HAS NOW GONE CLEARLY BELOW DALTON LEVEL.” (The Examiner)
– The Great Global Warming Swindle (Documentary)
– Ron Paul: Global Warming Petition Signed by 31,478 Scientists (Lew Rockwell)
– NASA Study: Solar Cycle, Not Man, Responsible for Gobal Warming (DailyTech)
– Global warming alarmists out in cold (Herald Sun)
– Nobody listens to the real climate change experts (Telegraph)
– Climate ‘denial’ is now a mental disorder (Telegraph)
– Japan’s boffins: Global warming isn’t man-made (The Register)
– Al Gore sued by over 30.000 Scientists for fraud (Video)
– World is getting colder: It’s the sun, not CO2, that’s to blame (Washington Times)
– Global warning: We are actually heading towards a new Ice Age, claim scientists (Daily Mail)
– Scientists find greenhouse gas hysteria to be myth (World Net Daily)
– 2008 was the year man-made global warming was disproved (Telegraph)
– Army: Sun, Not Man, Is Causing Climate Change (Wired)
– World might be heading towards Ice Age (Economic Times)
– Flashback: David Ballamy: ‘BBC shunned Me For Denying Man-Made Global Warming’ (Daily Express)
– Climategate: Inventor of Mann-made global warming feels the heat
– Climategate: New Revelations
– Climategate: Dr. Michael Mann Threatens Lawsuit Over Satirical YouTube Video
– Climategate: The Parliamentary Cover-Up Exposed (Telegraph)
– Climategate: Two More Bricks Fall Out Of The IPCC Wall Of Deceit – Rainforests And Polar Bears (Telegraph)
– Climategate: Michael Mann’s Very Unhappy ‘Whistleblower’ New Year (Telegraph)
– Climategate: Al Gore spews the usual utter nonsense but this time no one believes him (Telegraph)
– Climategate: Which part of ‘over’ don’t these people understand? – A quick idiot’s guide to why Climategate does matter (Telegraph)
– Climategate and the Tiger Woods Index; Al Gore cancels Copenhagen speaking event (Telegraph)
– Lord Christopher Monckton – Climategate: Caught Greenhanded! Cold Facts About The Hot Topic of Global Temperature Change After The Climategate Scandal
– Climategate: It’s all unravelling now! (Telegraph)
– Climategate: Follow the Money (The Wall Street Journal)
– Climategate scandal claims its first big political scalp (Telegraph)
– Climategate: Googlegate?! (Telegraph)
– Lord Cristopher Monckton on Climategate: Shut Down The UN, Arrest Al Gore
– Climategate: This is the worst scientific scandal of our generation (Telegraph)
– Climategate: The great climate change science scandal (The Times)
– Climategate Scandal: The Whitewash Begins (Telegraph)
– Climategate: Hacked emails include calls for ‘Earth Government’ as foundation of new world order, splitting of America
– Lord Christopher Monckton on Climategate: ‘They Are Criminals’
– Climategate: George Monbiot – aka the Great Moonbat – makes it all suddenly OK through medium of satire (Telegraph)
– Climategate: Scientists Would Rather Change Facts Than Their Theories (RT)
– Climategate on Lateline: Private climate documents hacked, published
– Climategate Bombshell: Dr. Tim Ball on the hacked CRU emails
– Climategate: The Day Science Died (TBR)
– Climategate: how the MSM reported the greatest scandal in modern science (Telegraph)
– Climategate: CRU director admits the emails flying all over the internet appear to be genuine (Herald Sun)
– Climategate: The Final Nail in The Coffin of ‘Anthropogenic Global Warming’?! (Telegraph)
Follow the money and the New World Order:
– Desperate Days For Warmists
– Al Gore’s Enormous Carbon Footprint
– UK: Climate Change Act has the biggest ever bill (Telegraph)
– EU President Herman Van Rompuy Announces 2009 as ‘First Year of Global Governance’
– Congressman Ron Paul on the Copenhagen Treaty and the Cyber Security Act: ‘They are doing everything in the world to control the internet.’
– Al Gore could become world’s first carbon billionaire
– Lord Christopher Monckton: Is President Obama Poised to Surrender the Constitution and US Sovereignty to World Government? (!!!)
– EU Proposes €50bn Climate Change Deal Ahead of December’s Global Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen
So global warming is really about the elite finding more ways to take away your freedom and your money!
– 10:10 – No Pressure (Fascism We Can Take A Bath In!)
– Build-A-Bear: The Sinister Green Plot to Turn Our Kids Into Eco-Fascist Manchurian Candidates
– Insane British Government Global Warming Ad: Panic, Little Ones, It’s The Carbon Monster
In the news:
– What the Chinese really think of ‘Man-Made Global Warming’
– Bolivia’s Biggest Ecological Disaster: Cold Kills Estimated 6 Millions And Thousands of Alligators, Turtles And River Dolphins
– Argentina Has Colder Winter Than Antartica, Spurring Record Energy Imports
– Peru Declares State Of Emergency Amid Freezing Temperatures, Hundreds Of Children Die
– Mongolia: Winter of ‘White Death’ Devastated Nomads’ Way of Life
– Mongolian herders lost millions of animals because of extreme cold
– Spain: Heaviest Snowfall in Decades Leaves 250,000 Without Power
– Met Office: British winter was the coldest for 31 years
– US ‘Snowmageddon’: Hundreds of Thousands Remain Without Power in Washington DC
– Florida: Manatees die in record numbers from cold
– Florida Freeze Destroys Estimated 70% of Southwest Vegetable Crop
– UK: Gas supply rationed as temperature drops to -21C
– Winter Chaos Around The World
– Beijing and Seoul Hit by Heaviest Snow in More Than Half Century
– Britain is facing one of the coldest winters in 100 years, experts predict
– NCDC: 250 Snowfall Records So Far In 2009; This December Shapes Up to be the Coldest on Record
– US Blizzard: Christmas Misery for Millions; Oklahoma State of Emergency (Video)
– Blizzard Blasts Eastern US: Hundreds of Thousands of Homes Without Power
– Snowing on Copenhagen’s Global Warmist Parade
– US East Coast faces severe winter storm
– US ‘Monster’ Winter Storm Resembles Wintery Hurricane With Blizzard Conditions
– US: Cheyenne records snowiest October on record
– Autumn record-setting snowstorm wallops Rockies, Plains
– US: Freak Summer Storm Dumps Snow in Yonkers
Nature knows exactly how to deal with CO2:
– Carbon Dioxide Air Fertilization Improves Plant Growth and Quality, Cuts Operating Costs While Increasing Production
If you really want to change the climate on this planet then:
– Environment: Solar plant yields water and crops from the desert
– Greening the Desert