(Keep a close eye on the Baltic Dry Index now.)
Shanghai: Alarm bells are ringing for liner firms as one of the most accurate gauges of the container index fell for the first time in more than four months today.
The China Containerised Freight Index, operated by the Shanghai Shipping Index, dropped for the first time since early June today. Despite lines reporting increased volumes and some being successful with rate increases this news will be a hammer blow for the industry.
The CCFI takes data from the leading 20 lines operating out of China. Its numbers have been consistently in line with the fortunes of the container sector over the years, especially since China accounts for one in two boxes moved.
With container shipping often a precursor of the world economy, the drop in the CCFI has some analysts suggesting the global economy could be in for a nasty double dip recession.
Source: Seatrade Asia Online
– Lazard Asset Management Fund Dumps The US Dollar
– Fall Of The Republic – The Presidency Of Barack H. Obama (The Full Movie HQ)
– Wall Street insider Nomi Prins: ‘Recovery is not even on horizon’
– Vice President Joe Biden Declares The US Is in A Depression
– Niall Ferguson (’Ascent of Money’): The US Dollar Is Dying a Slow Death; There Has Been No Stock Market Rally
– Gerald Celente: ‘Their is no recovery; It’s a coverup. We are already in the Greatest Depression.’
– How The Federal Reserve Banksters Bailed Out The World
– Death of ‘Soul of Capitalism:’ 20 reasons America has lost its soul and collapse is inevitable
– Latin American leaders agree on new currency, sanction Honduras
– Russia ready to abandon US dollar in oil, gas trade with China
– Iran to drop US dollar from forex reserves
– Sumitomo Chief Strategist: US Dollar to Hit 50 Yen, Cease as Reserve Currency
– DOW at 10,000!!! Oh Wait, Make That 7,537
– Marc Faber on Bloomberg: Dollar decline and inflation – Oct. 14, 2009
– David Tice: Gold Heading to $3000 Unless America Hits the ‘Reset’ Button
– Jim Rogers: ‘I Am Quite Sure Gold Will Go Over $2000′, Dollar Will Lose Reserve Status
– US Dollar Reaches Breaking Point as Central Banks Shift Reserves
– Financial Times: US mantra of strong dollar loses its value
– The Federal Reserve buys Fannie Mae bonds; Timothy Geithner is a liar
– Gerald Celente on the demise of the US dollar: ‘The US is failing on it’s most basic level’
– Glenn Beck: What If Oil Will No Longer Be Traded In US Dollars? Deficit Spending, Printing, Monetizing Debt, The Dollars Demise
– Max Keiser on RT: ‘Dollar to be buried way before 2018′
– The demise of the US dollar
– Iran Replaces The US Dollar With The Euro
– US: Hyperinflation Nation
– China advertises silver and gold investment on TV; Cheap dollars are sowing the seeds of the next world crisis