A high-level Chinese military source secretly disclosed last week that the recent earthquake in Sichuan Province caused a chain-reaction of explosions in the Sichuan mountain areas. The explosions destroyed Chinese army’s largest armory, new weapon test bases and part of nuclear facilities including several nuclear warheads. This information is considered China’s top military secret.
After the earthquake, Chinese authorities had ignored the disaster victim’s initial calls for help. Only after the first critical 72 hours had passed did the authorities allow international aid to be delivered to the disaster region. Military analysts believe that this delay occurred because Mianyang City of Sichuan Province is one of important areas for the Chinese military nuclear industries and also its largest armory. The Chinese regime did not want potential spies from the outside world in this very sensitive military area during a time when there may have been a nuclear accident.
“I went to see the site of the explosion again. Villagers on the road told me, ‘These concrete blocks and soil were from the explosion,'” said a medical team member. (Photo provided by mainland Chinese Internet Users)
According to sources, a nuclear accident did happen. On June 27, the Chinese military disclosed that 2,700 chemical cleanup workers had been sent to earthquake disaster areas for nuclear chemical emergency rescue.
A villager said, “At that time, I heard a huge explosion and saw red substances tens of meters high rising off the mountain. This scared me to death.” (Picture provided by mainland Chinese Internet Users)
After carefully analyzing seismic data, military experts in southeast Asia confirmed a non-geological shock had occurred at the earthquake epicenter. The energy released was equivalent to that of an underground nuclear explosion.
China News Service (CNS) reported earlier that some Chinese experts had made a seismic analysis and suggested that a nuclear explosion might have occurred at the epicenter. At that time, it was said by official military sources that the readings were due to a huge explosion of a large-scale military armory in Sichuan.
According to a CNS report on May 31, titled “Suspicious Epicenter of the Epicenter Was Found,” on May 23, a medical team, consisting of paramedics from the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) hospitals and psychologists from Beijing, found onsite a one- kilometer (0.62 mile) wide and two kilometers (1.24 mile) long valley on a hill close to the epicenter. The long ravine was found to have been covered with concrete debris 10-20 inches thick at its bottom as if large cement blocks were tossed about randomly surrounding the immediate area.
A team member said, “Where did those concrete blocks from?” Since there were no large buildings nearby, everybody was curiously talking about it but could not find an answer. A local resident surnamed He talked about what had happened.
He said many villagers were working in their fields at the time of the earthquake on May 12. The earth suddenly shook and shortly afterwards, a thunderous sound came out of the mountain. Immediately after the explosion, they then saw a huge hole form at the top of the mountain. Many things were pushed out of this hole like toothpaste being squeezed out. “Was it magma?” somebody asked. “No, those were concrete blocks,” said He. “The eruption lasted about three minutes,” he added.
Earthquakes may sometimes result in a volcanic eruption, but no concrete eruption has ever been recorded, said an expert. Based on the CNS report, several experts have suggested the eruption could have been caused by a huge explosion beneath the mountain, which shattered the concrete cover of the underground facilities and pushed them to the surface. The thickness of the concrete blocks pushed to the surface seemed to match the cover layer used in China’s underground military bases.
The safety of nuclear facilities located near the earthquake epicenter was bound to attract international attention. Many countries are monitoring the area closely for radioactive fall-out. In a recent press conference, Air Force Major General Ma Jian, a military spokesperson said, “The nuclear facilities are safe.”
By Zhang Haishan
Epoch Times Staff
Jul 09, 2008
Source: The Epoch Times